EU2: why is it abandoned?

Eagle-Eye

1 hour ago, Amentes said:

I'd say the fog constitutes 95% of the problem, yeah.

It may be time to consider moving away from Tanoa until BI has a fix out; putting up another Altis or a Stratis version in its place.

I'd agree, maybe worth getting a concensus though as those who do go on Tanoa might not like that option (though lets face it if you have a choice of X map or no map, you'll play X).

Stratis is too small for the current version of I&A, Fobs really aren't needed, though you could argue on Stratis you cold realistically invade and annex the whole place over a few hours.

reverting back to I+A 2.8x and running Altis is a slap in my face - i demand EU1 to also revert back to ... /fullstop

Thats not an option.

Also swapping the island is another effort of time wasted in adapting I+A3 to the chosen island and will also produce several minor bugs again.

Why not try this for a start:

On 18.11.2016 at 3:11 PM, TheScar said:

Fog is a issue that is on BI to fix,but that (still) takes (more) time and wont be done before xmas this year (if at all).

What is doable is a mission edit to "lock" the mission to a certain time (that doesnt feature that kind of thick fog) and disable the progress (12.oo x 24h).

Untill fixed.

Rather easy.

Will fix the fog issue and is just a minor change in code to the mission.

Just ignore the "Y NO NIGHT" - "CAN WE HAVE RAIN" cryouts untill BI finds a solution and/or I+A3 stages to a playable mission nxt versions.

My 0,02$

2 minutes ago, TheScar said:

reverting back to I+A 2.8x and running Altis should is a slap in my face - i demand EU1 to also revert back to ... /fullstop

Thats not an option.

Also swapping the island is another effort of time wasted in adapting I+A3 to the chosen island and will also produce several minor bugs again.

As much as it would be nice, I agree this won't happen, it's a 'pie in the sky' suggestion.

Why not try this for a start:

Fog is a issue that is on BI to fix,but that (still) takes (more) time and wont be done before xmas this year (if at all).

What is doable is a mission edit to "lock" the mission to a certain time (that doesnt feature that kind of thick fog) and disable the progress (12.oo x 24h).

Untill fixed.

Rather easy.

Will fix the fog issue and is just a minor change in code to the mission.

Just ignore the "Y NO NIGHT" - "CAN WE HAVE RAIN" cryouts untill BI finds a solution and/or I+A3 stages to a playable mission nxt versions.

My 0,02$

It's a very sensible option, maybe something the devs will look into.

I have been playing for around 7 to 8 hours on eu2 today. It started with me alone, waiting for 45 minutes for others to join (so i did some solid "homework").

For what ive seen today:

- No teamkillers

- No fog whatsoever

- No arguing

- No griefing

- No noobs

- No annoying zeusses

- Not a single admin-needed-situation (!)

- Good teamplay

- Average of 15 to 20 people online

- About 4 to 5 ao's done

- About 5 priority missions done

- 2 Side missions completed

- Enough pilots (4) when i left the server (just now)

-(Edit) and awesome FPS...

All in all a very good day for me on eu2, keep it up!!!

Edited by PiranhA

2 minutes ago, PiranhA said:

I have been playing for around 7 to 8 hours on eu2 today. It started with me alone, waiting for 45 minutes for others to join (so i did some solid "homework").

For what ive seen today:

- No teamkillers

- No fog whatsoever

- No arguing

- No griefing

- No noobs

- No annoying zeusses

- Not a single admin-needed-situation (!)

- Good teamplay

- Average of 15 to 20 people online

- About 4 to 5 ao's done

- About 5 priority missions done

- 2 Side missions completed

- Enough pilots (4) when i left the server (just now)

All in all a very good day for me on eu2, keep it up!!!

So...basically we've reverted to what we had about 6 months ago...EU 1 is the free for all and EU 2 is the more tactical I and A...

GG WP

When I first got on this morning (around 0900GMT, I reckon), I tried @TheScar's suggestion of setting clear weather and time acceleration to 0, to see if it had an impact. You not experiencing any (noticeable) fog throughout your entire playtime seems to confirm that fog is indeed linked to time of day then... :)

The time did still appear to be going forward very slowly, though. I'm not sure about the actual rate, but I "paused" it at 08.40 and I later saw it at 08.59, so I'm curious to see if fog does at one point return.

37 minutes ago, Eagle-Eye said:

When I first got on this morning (around 0900GMT, I reckon), I tried @TheScar's suggestion of setting clear weather and time acceleration to 0, to see if it had an impact. You not experiencing any (noticeable) fog throughout your entire playtime seems to confirm that fog is indeed linked to time of day then... :)

The time did still appear to be going forward very slowly, though. I'm not sure about the actual rate, but I "paused" it at 08.40 and I later saw it at 08.59, so I'm curious to see if fog does at one point return.

Ive noticed the time "progress" and one second on the server took about 5 seconds in realtime. After you left the server filled up quite fast and NO! im not saying it becouse you left.

3 hours ago, Eagle-Eye said:

I tried @TheScar's suggestion of setting clear weather and time acceleration to 0, to see if it had an impact. You not experiencing any (noticeable) fog throughout your entire playtime seems to confirm that fog is indeed linked to time of day then... :)

*NEWSFLASH*

Clown saves EU2 - fog defeated!

31135068.jpg