World War 2 Gamenight/Campaign

Would you like seeing WW2 gamenight/campaign happening in the future?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like seeing WW2 gamenight/campaign happening in the future?

• Yes, campaign
    • Yes, gamenight
    • No

Hello, everyone.

Recently running trough old mods I cought up to Arma 2 i44 mod and as recently some of you may have noticed I've been asking people around if they would like to see a WW2 gamenight or/and campaign happening in the future. So far majority of people I've asked were really interested in it, but since there were some people who were pessimistic about AWE people needing to download additional mods I will be making a vote. This vote is clearly to see the interest from the community and to see if they would be willing to download additional mods to play during these gamenights. The mods are quite big, up to 2 gigs and even more, but that is if we manage to port i44 models and maps. 

Be advised - even if majority of people still votes for yes, we will or at least I will need to apply for gaminght which still could potentally get denied.

~Tutvys

Invasion 1944 is going to be a no go, it will either not work or is no where near as full of content as Iron Front AND it's according mods (GEIST, Desert Foxes, War Mod etc).

These additional mods are like ACE and TFAR/ACRE, they are basically critical to making the performance of the game more fun as well as giving the game a more fuller experience with its added content.

Myself and Johnson have already worked on a WW2 Campaign as well as various small missions and PVP missions. As well as campaigns for other timelines (Soviet Afghan, Vietnam, Iraq War etc) however we will not be sharing it with this community most likely.

If such a thing would be liked by this community, here, take this: http://www.missionrepository.com/

This website I have just linked includes ALL files needed to download for Iron Front (be it lite or full) as well as various add-on modifications that expands the game with more clothing, weapons and vehicles. The website also includes install guides for those that are having difficulties.

TL;DR - I44 doesnt work, Iron Front does, k thx bye

xn91i0X.jpg

Lest We Forget; For Those Brave Souls Who Gave Their Lives So We May Live Ours In Peace

1 hour ago, Tutvys said:

gaminght which still could potentally get denied.

I'm not an admin, but I'm pretty sure it has a 100% of getting denied because AW doesn't have the mods necessary to run it and probably won't get them just for a single gamenight / campaign. 

But it doesn't really matter, as it looks like most people don't want WW2 anyways.

We're trying to be conservative with changes to the repo.  Look how long it's taken us to agree to the 3CB mod. :)

I think the WW2 thing would be interesting, but I'd rather us go to another community and us play as a group there - somewhere that's taken the time to set it up right so that we don't have to learn a whole bunch of stuff for a single game night.

1 hour ago, Ryko said:

so that we don't have to learn a whole bunch of stuff for a single game night.

Couldn't agree more hell it took almost 100 hours in vanilla to learn all the basics and not be a complete noob, and many more for the mods we use. I don't think I want to spend the time to learn more. 

Ben

That said there are a number of vintage weapons and older vehicles in our existing mods, I know it might not have exactly all the assets you're looking for but if you can cobble something together with what we've got, I'm sure you'd find it possible to craft a reasonable facsimile of a WW2 game night.

• 3 weeks later...