Good Games you Could be Playing Right Now!

Brooksie10

Since I started working in 2009 I have had money enough to buy most of the games I wanted.  In that time I have come across cheap games from CEX, weird quirky games on steam and have found all sorts of site to buy them.  I am sure this is the case for a lot of you guys and maybe you have played something myself or someone else would really like.  I just wanted to tell you about a few games I have found really interesting.

The Stanley Parable

post-46-0-36257900-1362176163_thumb.jpg

"The Stanley Parable" is a free source SDK/ half life 2 mod, which has no end, its impossible to win and its unlike anything I have played ever.  Cant tell you much more than that.  But try it, you will find it interesting and you will have a few hours of fun.  For maximum enjoyment just try it and believe me its worth a look.

You can get the "The Stanley Parable" here.  I would use the Desura Download link (Desura is like an Indie version of steam.)

Singularity

post-46-0-60649600-1362176259_thumb.jpg

A group of American soldiers en-route to investigate an abandoned mysterious of Katorga-12 formally a Soviet research site.  As they get close to the island there is an electromagnetic pulse which disables their helicopter.  leaving only you and one of your comrades alive.  The protagonist Captain Renko finds him self on the island alone and makes his way up to a large building long abandoned, their are old propaganda films and posters.  What happens next is our game, a first person shooter with an interesting but not unheard mechanic using the appropriately named TMD or Time Manipulation Device you must "Manipulate" time to uncover the mysteries of Katorga-12 and put right the past to save the present.  In this game you will go back in time and fight Soviet soldiers  the solider trying to keep Katorga-12 shrouded in secrecy and Mutants, caught somewhere between time, to do this Singularity has given you an advanced array of weaponry some of which are out of this world.

A lot of fun and interesting and I don't think I could do it much justice, Below is a trailer and a link to the places you can buy the game now... if your board and want something that's going to eat a weekend, this is not a bad time.  The Story is engaging and interesting and the environment just grabs you and really pulls you in.  It strongly gave me a similar feel to Bioshock, audio recordings and propaganda movies as well as flash backs really make you feel connected to the world.  You get to make decisions which will lead to unique gameplay/ story changes, what was different in this game was there was no Bad or Good choice  just grey and the out come could be both good and bad.  Eeek it is such a fun game!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42670

Factorio

This is an indie game currently being developed, to get access all you need to do is to donate at least 10 Euros to get full access to the Alpha and all future updates!  You can do this over on indiegogo.

What do you do in Factorio? What else, build factories.  The first question I asked was "Why?" Well, your on an alien planet and you need to survive and then take that to the extreme, where you have a factory making all the stuff you could ever need.  Then I asked... "Why?" Then the night came, then the indigenous horde of aliens came after me and I was glad I had built those turrets.  There is the challenge of the game, not only building factories that are as efficient and automated as possible but also a factory that can hold up to the ever growing horde.  It is very involved and the time I spent playing it flew by.  Until finally they got me, the game didn't stop there and I could have reloaded, it just gave me a chance to look at the time!

I want to play the stanley parable so much but unfortunately I don't have Half-life 2 and can't afford the bloody thing D;

You don't need HL2 unless you on Mac.  You only requires the SDK installed which is free on steam.  Video telling you how is

Its pretty easy, open steam, go to your library, where the drop down is saying all games, click it, click tools in the drop down menu, install Source SDK 2007.  Unfortunately 2006 will not work with the Stanley parable

If you haven't played singularity I highly recommend that game, It's truly interesting and keeps you wanting to play more. 
I think I played it through in one sitting and it's not often I do that anymore xD

A large thumbs up from me, as for the other two I will have to take a peak at them. 

If you haven't played singularity I highly recommend that game, It's truly interesting and keeps you wanting to play more. 

I think I played it through in one sitting and it's not often I do that anymore xD

A large thumbs up from me, as for the other two I will have to take a peak at them. 

I wanna play singularity now D; Why is it so expensive?