Invade + Annex 3 // impressions - feedback - rant

TheScar

On 05/11/2016 at 5:38 PM, Cebi said:

@radek

You can see players waiting for revive on map. When they are down they will switch side to civilian. They have violet icon on map.

what a poor choice of colours violet for needing a revive (I thought it was orange) and purple if your a teamkiller those colours are toooo close in the spectrum to be useful :(

@Auntystatic: You can clearly see red crosses rendered in plain view. I don't know how better it can be telegraphed to player without being over the top obvious. Violet colour is not selected by creator of mission or script. It is just that they use switch to civilian side to prevent enemy AI from further engaging "downed" player. Vanila revive has proper incapacitated state but has no body dragging.

@All

I played medic extensively lately to get a feeling what you guys talk about.

I have not felt useless. I managed to revive plenty of guys. I still need to learn how to finish revive animation as sometimes it gets canceled if my crosshair gets too far from the sweet spot. Lethality of battlefield is much more immersive for me. Every "unrevivable" player I met has been killed in a realistic way and it often did not effected squad cohesion as he was able to typically regroup with squad in 5-10min. It might sound harsh but guys running around without plate carriers and helmets deserve to die in frontline combat. Also taking a burst of 30/40mm HE cannon rounds or 12,7mm to the chest is a valid ticket to hell and respawn.

Also I tried to complete diving side and I was surprised by strange nature of water combat. I seriously suck at it. Sometimes it seemed to me that AI was glitching through tower and shooting through floors. Anyway, side remained uncompleted for about 7 hours yesterday. I suggest switching tower for some water wreck (MV-22 Osprey perhaps?) and combating AI divers in open. Clearing underwater tower is nightmare of glitching through walls and getting shot from seemingly nowhere.

Overall i am very pleased about the direction I@A3 is developing and big thank you to @BACONMOP for a lot of work and his free time he invested in it. I am impressed so far.

As always please excuse my english.

15 minutes ago, Cebi said:

Also I tried to complete diving side and I was surprised by strange nature of water combat. I seriously suck at it. Sometimes it seemed to me that AI was glitching through tower and shooting through floors. Anyway, side remained uncompleted for about 7 hours yesterday. I suggest switching tower for some water wreck (MV-22 Osprey perhaps?) and combating AI divers in open. Clearing underwater tower is nightmare of glitching through walls and getting shot from seemingly nowhere.

Some days ago i went to an underwater mission and well, my experience was a tad different.  I got a pilot to lift the sub, with me and another guy in it, to the mission. He dropped us +/- 1 km away from the edge of the circle.  When we got there i dropped down to the seafloor and started heading towards the mission.  The guy that was in the 'gunner seat' used the thermals and found the tower rather easy.  Our plan was to 'land' the sub on the roof and go from there.  Due to my *cough cough* wonderful *cough* 'sub-drivingskills' I, gently, bumped into the tower.  Next thing we see, all the AO fleeing.  So we get out, dive in the tower, set the charges, get out (in time), hop back in the sub and get some distance before everything blows.  During this whole thing i didn't fire a single round.  

The airlift took longer than the actual mission.

Although I, and probably a lot more people, think that the concept of an underwater-mission is great, until BI decides to give the underwater stuff an update i don't see this mission being a great success.  

So my suggestion: put a timer on this mission. This way the people who like the mission despite the flawed underwater combat still have a chance.  But that it also doesn't remain active for multiple hours.

time to let loose some critic!

Havnt played a few days,connected this morning to EU1# to see how once loved mission evolved in time.

Surprise,its 1.009 still - so i didnt expect any changes to it at all.

Time ingame 20.45,fog level massive,heavy rain too.

Equipped,headed to side mission (14,5k off base,no Huron available,Secure Chopper),took me about 11min as i couldnt go full speed to avoid crashing due to 40% sight all the way.

Got engaged by a jet on the ride,radiotower status AO was out at this time,so facing a jet was a surprise (read,no danger as they only do strafe runs).

Enclosing on side mission,first recon point 2,1k out = no sight.

Second recon point 1,2k out = 1 ZSU,2 patrols.

Engage point 1,0k = 1 ZSU,4 patrols,1 Sniper team.No Hangar to be seen.

Close up under 600m you could see the hangar peeling out of the fog.

Completed side,moved to a wait position near coast in order to be rdy for nxt side,3min on wait pos a explosion 15m off my position.

I took it for a jet strafe,but the 2nd explosion again 15m off my pos made me change my assumption.

Its once again enemy artillery from main AO that is currently 12k off my current position.

Yes,12k.

Why not shell main AO you may ask?

Main AO had at this time 2 players alive,base about 3 players idling/arming,2 players traveld from or to base and after dong side mission my K/D ratio was currently the highest one of active players - so the AI will target the highest K/D player as biggest thread,therefor target his position for arty strikes.

Next side mission popped up Swamps,so i moved there.

This time i took 4 recon points,as there was still massive fog to be seen around on Altis.

recon1 - 1,8k out > no sight

recon2 - 1,2k out > no sight

recon3 - 1k out > no sight

recon4 - 678m > 2 lights stationary to be seen,no movement

Getting out of the Hunter i find myself shot by GMG rounds splashing spot on and im dead.

So,not only you face shitty weather conditions,endless drives,no supply up abilities,no repair options,no lifts as no choppers being able to do so available you also witness messages like this :

jkudkgsy.jpg

so,what the fuck?

I have spent more than 3300h on I+A2 and enjoyed every minute doing so.

I+A3 leaves me bitter and in a certain anger mode when disconnecting.

There s no satisfaction to gain from it by now for me and havign to witness it didnt develope in a week by 1 single number ( 1.0010) just proves me right spending my time off the PC.

I wouldnt even had published I+A3 in this state.

Its a mediocre beta at best atm.

Not in the state to host it on a 60 players server that attracted 100s of people on a daily base.

Unless,this is what AHOY planned.

I´m broken,what to do now?

4 hours ago, TheScar said:

time to let loose some critic!

Havnt played a few days,connected this morning to EU1# to see how once loved mission evolved in time.

Surprise,its 1.009 still - so i didnt expect any changes to it at all.

Time ingame 20.45,fog level massive,heavy rain too.

Equipped,headed to side mission (14,5k off base,no Huron available,Secure Chopper),took me about 11min as i couldnt go full speed to avoid crashing due to 40% sight all the way.

Got engaged by a jet on the ride,radiotower status AO was out at this time,so facing a jet was a surprise (read,no danger as they only do strafe runs).

Enclosing on side mission,first recon point 2,1k out = no sight.

Second recon point 1,2k out = 1 ZSU,2 patrols.

Engage point 1,0k = 1 ZSU,4 patrols,1 Sniper team.No Hangar to be seen.

Close up under 600m you could see the hangar peeling out of the fog.

Completed side,moved to a wait position near coast in order to be rdy for nxt side,3min on wait pos a explosion 15m off my position.

I took it for a jet strafe,but the 2nd explosion again 15m off my pos made me change my assumption.

Its once again enemy artillery from main AO that is currently 12k off my current position.

Yes,12k.

Why not shell main AO you may ask?

Main AO had at this time 2 players alive,base about 3 players idling/arming,2 players traveld from or to base and after dong side mission my K/D ratio was currently the highest one of active players - so the AI will target the highest K/D player as biggest thread,therefor target his position for arty strikes.

Next side mission popped up Swamps,so i moved there.

This time i took 4 recon points,as there was still massive fog to be seen around on Altis.

recon1 - 1,8k out > no sight

recon2 - 1,2k out > no sight

recon3 - 1k out > no sight

recon4 - 678m > 2 lights stationary to be seen,no movement

Getting out of the Hunter i find myself shot by GMG rounds splashing spot on and im dead.

So,not only you face shitty weather conditions,endless drives,no supply up abilities,no repair options,no lifts as no choppers being able to do so available you also witness messages like this :

jkudkgsy.jpg

so,what the fuck?

I have spent more than 3300h on I+A2 and enjoyed every minute doing so.

I+A3 leaves me bitter and in a certain anger mode when disconnecting.

There s no satisfaction to gain from it by now for me and havign to witness it didnt develope in a week by 1 single number ( 1.0010) just proves me right spending my time off the PC.

I wouldnt even had published I+A3 in this state.

Its a mediocre beta at best atm.

Not in the state to host it on a 60 players server that attracted 100s of people on a daily base.

Unless,this is what AHOY planned.

I´m broken,what to do now?

1. go away

2. stop whining

3. something else (dunno yet)?

7 minutes ago, MDCCLXXVI said:

1. go away

2. stop whining

Personal opinion: I think this reaction is uncalled for, especially since TheScar is not the only one "whining" (I prefer to call it feedback) about I&A3. We mustn't forget that I&A3 is still in its early stages, so I'm sure it's being looked into, and most if not all feedback is useful to them...

18 hours ago, TheScar said:

Hah!

You really hit a spot here and i will very well consider option 1.

After all,i lived before I+A and i will after.

Be assured.

SENPAI, NO!!!!

Edit

1. go away

2. stop whining

On a serious note, I am deeply affected by the tone, "U dun like it here? Leave!"

AW is an organisation that thrives on the unity of the community. We cannot have any hostile mindset just because we do not like a member's no-nonsense words. We should have an open mind knowing that many stuff still need to be tweaked as AW believes I&A3 is the way forward.

I do not want to see AW dissolve in the near future because of in-fighting and complacency. We have to remember: our loss could be other's gain.

Edited by fir_nev
Additional content

@Jason.

It happened before I@A3 and I can confirm that it is not only I@A that suffers from it.

You know the drill, Jason. Find Admin or get mission restarted. If there are only a few players online you can do it by chat command.

@TheScar

So you got pissed about bad weather and some steel rain on you? I am pissed about a bad weather if my feeble body is exposed to it but not when I am sitting in my chair sipping on a cup of hot spiced wine playing a video game (-:. If the bad weather is bothering you can try to ask Zeus/Admin or switch server. I think they will be happy to help as most of the public crowd hates these conditions and it is generally good for donations to have a smoothly running server.

I know you prefer to run solo but what you describe is much more manageable if you team up. Shared misery is more bearable for me in real life and in a game too.  

BTW:

3000h on I@A only?

Arma offers a really wide variety of game modes. Sometimes it is good to hit the server browser again and find more missions to explore to get a wider picture.

Ahoj :)

17 hours ago, Cebi said:

@TheScar

So you got pissed about bad weather and some steel rain on you? I am pissed about a bad weather if my feeble body is exposed to it but not when I am sitting in my chair sipping on a cup of hot spiced wine playing a video game (-:. If the bad weather is bothering you can try to ask Zeus/Admin or switch server. I think they will be happy to help as most of the public crowd hates these conditions and it is generally good for donations to have a smoothly running server.

Do not pass Go!

Do not collect 200$.

Missed the point of my post completly - but dont bother,i m used to people failing to read out the point and focus on picking on minor stuff.

As proven.

No offense,Cebi

17 hours ago, Cebi said:

@TheScar

3000h on I@A only?

Arma offers a really wide variety of game modes. Sometimes it is good to hit the server browser again and find more missions to explore to get a wider picture.

been there,done that,got the medal

I specifically picked I+A as it caters to my preferences of enjoyment best,as Domination wasnt going to be supported by Xeno (at that time).

I+A evolved quickly to my no1 mission as it gives me the satisfaction,the public chaos and a possibility of working on a greater picture than squad niveau usually does.

Its a mute point to argue on your statement.

And please dont explain the ARMA universe to me,i´ve been there from the start.

Again,no offense.

Having said that,i m not posting in this thread again - if you want to continue this conversation feel free to PM me.

On 11/14/2016 at 0:08 AM, Eagle-Eye said:

Personal opinion: I think this reaction is uncalled for, especially since TheScar is not the only one "whining" (I prefer to call it feedback) about I&A3. We mustn't forget that I&A3 is still in its early stages, so I'm sure it's being looked into, and most if not all feedback is useful to them...

hah sorry it was a joke, didnt translate well though. always enjoy reading your rants scar :)

• 1 month later...