Invade + Annex 3 // impressions - feedback - rant

TheScar

base design

New base looks more like a quick setup for a insurgency army - i quite dislike the position for it too,as you have to travel a shitload of dirtpaths and rocks to get off this (in a vehicle).

Way to much vehicles too,we dont really need 2 Hunter HMG + 2 Hunter + 2 Hunter GMG,then the usual gazillions of Quadbikes on base and the Prowlers (which dont apply to the vehicle respawn once no person is near,i crashed in 2-3 by now that just idled empty on a dirtpath forever).

And where are the liftable Offroad Repair Service vehicles - did they got cut?

Also,base is exposed to FF as base protection script ends just on the hilltop nxt to base and is currently greatly abused by multiple players.

AO´s

Looks like the radiotower task totally got capped as i failed to witness one radiotower (at least the marker isnt seen on map anymore) and therefor its hard to judge if a AO is safe to approach in vehicles.I just drove in a KUMA (side reward) to nearest AO,fired 2 shots then got rocketeered by enemy air with 1 single rocket. So we back to CAS is now deadly again.

Imo there s a way over the line use of the enemy Artillerie obj.Seen at least 4 on 2 different AO´s.Then now its only Sorchors and no guard infantry,guard tanks or whatever - they just sit there waiting to be shot and keep on their firemission.

I dont see the point of the AO caches too,its nice to have a additional task in AOs,but what use has it to do this prior to clearing AO per se?

advanced FOBs (Martian,etc.)

Managed to turn a AO into a FOB after completing it,altho its hardly any difference.You get 1 Hunter HMG + GMG and a truck + a Ammo Box Cache (Arsenal).

No Vehicle Service ability - you still have to move back to base in order to service your asset.

Which leads to the question of "not having Vehicle Service points" like before on I+A 2 regualr spread on the island.Cant understand that not having this.

overall issues

I dont find the performance of the mission to be greatly better than before,to me it plays very mediocre,to give a example use a river at best performacne - right now it feels liek a muddy swamp to me. Cant back that up with fact/data.

The marker script showing actual groupnames looks nice,but has its issue too.Its not 100% accurate on position and hard to view on map compared to I+A 2 where you coudl easily sit on base and make sense of the movements of markers/people doing stuff.

"Clear Vehicle Inventory" options needs to be added to all vehicles.

Overall,its a good throw but i need to adapt to the new style of the mission.

Honestly,its not a thumbs up for me (yet) - i keep comparing to much to I+A 2 and this isnt necessarily a good thing,but like said i´ll adapt.

Currently i see this more like a beta version of the real mission,as imo there quite a few things that needs to be tested (if it fits the community style of play) and some kinks being worked out.

So far,great work Bacon,keep on bugfixing and see how your mission plays out to the different playstyle of the community.

I´ll be eagerly watching.

EU1 / version 1.001

1 hour ago, TheScar said:

base design

New base looks more like a quick setup for a insurgency army

Because you are "Invading" and annexing. It is supposed to look like a quick setup, as if you just landed and secured that position.

Way to much vehicles too,we dont really need 2 Hunter HMG + 2 Hunter + 2 Hunter GMG,then the usual gazillions of Quadbikes on base and the Prowlers (which dont apply to the vehicle respawn once no person is near,i crashed in 2-3 by now that just idled empty on a dirtpath forever).

Because there were originally only going to be 2 heli's but too many people complained about it. and so you can use the vehicles to get around.

AO´s

Looks like the radiotower task totally got capped as i failed to witness one radiotower (at least the marker isnt seen on map anymore) and therefor its hard to judge if a AO is safe to approach in vehicles.I just drove in a KUMA (side reward) to nearest AO,fired 2 shots then got rocketeered by enemy air with 1 single rocket. So we back to CAS is now deadly again.

Note sure about the radio tower, they are still in and marked on the map. CAS should be deadly.

advanced FOBs (Martian,etc.)

Managed to turn a AO into a FOB after completing it,altho its hardly any difference.You get 1 Hunter HMG + GMG and a truck + a Ammo Box Cache (Arsenal).

No Vehicle Service ability - you still have to move back to base in order to service your asset.

Which leads to the question of "not having Vehicle Service points" like before on I+A 2 regualr spread on the island.Cant understand that not having this.

Vehicle repair points have been replaced by the fact that a support hemtt should spawn at each FOB. Also by the fact that FOB's spawn more powerful vehicles, usually based on a certain theme for each FOB. And I do plan on putting in a system where you can initiate an assault to capture a FOB from the main base in an update at some point.

The marker script showing actual groupnames looks nice,but has its issue too.Its not 100% accurate on position and hard to view on map compared to I+A

real combat is confusing. be glad that you have the tools that you have. The group leader is real time and individual units have a few second delay.

Think I'll be adding my opinion here, too..

Base Design

I'm honestly not a big fan of it. I know that it's supposed to look like we're invading the island, but having the runway for the UAV's on a dirt road with rocks in the way seems, uh.. not so good, I was thinking about placing them and an UAV service point on the AAC Airfield after completing a couple of AO's, or something. I'm not a mission maker, and I'm not really good at making suggestions, either. But that's what came to my mind.

About that hilltop, yes, I have to agree. I saw a player getting a reward Gorgon up that hill and killing everything down in the base. The fact that teamkill messages were disabled also didn't help too much. Iirc, in the end someone had to sneak up on him to see his name.. yeah. And you might want to tweak a few things about the Prowler spawning script. Right now it seems like the player can just spawn infinite Prowler's, you see what I'm getting at -- Trolls.

AO's

I have no idea if the Radiotower sub-mission got replaced by the Ammo Cache sub-mission, but I think it's neat. That way, we don't have to carry charges around the map. Though, I may be biased because I only heard it from other players and didn't participate in doing such a mission just yet. Personally, I'm glad that proper enemy CAS is back; makes things more exciting. (And frustrating..) The artillery mission seems to be overused, indeed, and it also seems to irritate players. I don't know. I think it's just a minor nuisance, seeing how it's only the two tanks and nothing guarding them. Maybe give the player a reward for clearing them? Otherwise it gets rather bland and annoying. Either way, I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that way. I'm kinda stretching things here, though.. on to the next point.

New Side Missions

I've only seen two of them yet: The one that involves diving and the other one where we have to protect the UN officers. While we had trouble completing the first diving mission, (It took us 30 minutes to find out what we were looking for..), it does seem like a welcome addition and it was requested multiple times. The UN officer mission.. ah, well, I prefer sitting on a hill and shooting at stuff, getting close and personal isn't my style. But I do think that it's a nice addition for those who want CQC.

Advanced FOB's

It's a neat addition. But it surely doesn't beat the FOB's and the missions from I&A 2. But I'm certain that it'll get better the more feedback you guys can gather.

Overall Issues

I didn't notice much of a change regarding the FPS, or at least nothing noteworthy. It got a bit better, mind you, but it's not exactly worth noting. For the sake of feedback, I'm doing it anyway. Some people appear to have gotten a bigger increase in FPS than others, so.. The new marker script doesn't seem too good as of now, you can only see player names and player vehicles when scrolling out and viewing the whole map, which is a bit difficult. And as Scar mentioned, it's not exactly accurate. I think the "Clear Inventory" script being gone is an oversight, but I think it's still worth mentioning. It's not exactly entertaining to drag three Bergen backpacks full of gear out of a Hunter before filling it up with missles and making your way to the AO only to lose it to some random player who takes it and having to do it all over again. The score system involving requesting artillery strikes etc. seems a bit flawed, since you can essentially just teamkill your entire team out of cold blood and get away with it.. might wanna look into that.

Well, I've been rambling on for long enough. You did a great job with the mission; changes are always appreciated on my end. Keep working on it and listen to the feedback as a whole, adapt to the playerbase and I'm pretty sure it's going to turn out even better.

18 hours ago, BACONMOP said:

Because you are "Invading" and annexing. It is supposed to look like a quick setup, as if you just landed and secured that position.

I understand that approach,yet as i mentioned it doesnt give you the same feel as before on I+A 2.

I assumed while annexing we stage up to a different,better equipped base as we progress.

Yea,the start position does totally give the feeling of a amphibious assault had happend and you just set up your Quick Base/FOB - still,imo this doesnt transfer once you (re-)spawned the 5th time there.

Because there were originally only going to be 2 heli's but too many people complained about it. and so you can use the vehicles to get around.

I m not arguing the placing of different ways of transport,im vouching against the current amount of such.

People duping Prowlers like no tommorow,vehicles parked/left all over the place after 30min gameplay,etc.

While on this,i also disagree having the "Arsenal" AI guy nxt to the vehicles,its just pure chaos once "some" people feel you block the guy for to long loading your car so they ram you,shoot you or fkk up in chat at best about it.

Why not change it to a (visual) regular ammo box a tad further out of the vehicles,so you can choose your ride,load up in peace and then move out of base.And add a marker so people aware of it by viewing map.

Seems just way less issues to face to me.

real combat is confusing. be glad that you have the tools that you have. The group leader is real time and individual units have a few second delay.

I m one of those guys that like Veteran settings on the server,so no eZ map acknowledgment by default.

I understand the marker script is needed for viewing movements for players and admins,i dont want that removed.

Thx for clearing up about the issue,dear Baconage ;)

EU1 / version 1.003

edit: EU1

I am enjoying new direction of I@A3 very much and overall I give big thumbs up to @BACONMOP

Base

I like the layout. Base protection is alright. You don't solve TKers and Trolls by putting large base protection, you solve those by Baning them. Base AA is great too as it kills players that have destroyed friendly helicopters :-D.

HEMMTs

I love that we now have Ammo HEMMT in the base so we can set our own FOBs and rearm vehicles in AO (if it runs out of ammo, can it be refiled on service pad?). If I remember it correctly Ammo HEMMT will rearm Mortar if deployed nearby (this was exploited thou by players constantly mortaring positions on PvP servers).

GhostHawks

Turret lock script is not working. I was very frustrated yesterday by players TKening and destroying friendly vehicles by firing from miniguns. Can we get unarmed WY-55 in olive color instead and make GhostHawks as a reward? WY-55 is still kinda NATO vehicle and it has lower cool factor then GhostHawk and seats less (6 places in back) so it would promote progression and pilots would need to fly more because they would carry fewer players per trip.

Apart from an hour of playtime during the event launch, I haven't had the pleasure of starting ArmA the past days, so can't really comment on the new I&A just yet, but am following this topic.

I noticed nobody really mentions whether his feedback here is about EU1 or 2, however, so I would advise that everyone adds that bit of information to his posts. This will probably make the dev team's job a bit easier.

Separate threads for each server is also an option, maybe even better?

Feedback and Suggestion for EU1 - v1.02

Scripts

As mentioned, we need the following proven scripts:

1. Drag and carry script for all players
  2. Clear vehicle inventory
  3. Lock turrets on helicopters
  4. Asset cleanup to follow the older one (500m from the last player) - @Liru the Lcpl. and I had some fun with Teddy's fraction of ZEUS with a bunch of guys when, suddenly, the Medical HEMTT that we alighted to engage enemies just despawned. We were barely 50m - 75m away from the vehicle

Additional Arsenal

Can we have additional Arsenal at the back of Vehicle Depot? Sometimes when our characters are walking from the VAS officer to the vehicle parked at the quad-bikes' spawn due the the weight, some idiots just drove off seeing no pilots to ferry them to missions.

Kill Log

This needs to come back as we do not want any innocent players nearby a troll or teamkiller getting wrongly kicked since U have to zoom into the map for player's identification. If a player wants to make a Player Report but has no video recording software (I know there is OBS and ShadowPlay but let us assume the complainant is a kid playing on a laptop), the log will serve a good alternative for proof.

Vehicles

Maybe add an Off-Road (Services) and we cut down on the armed Hunters?

Mission Markers

If they always get 'Unassigned' every minute after acitvating. Only Squad Leaders will not have such issue?

New Side Missions Initiative

I have not tried them but they do feel like a breath of fresh air.

Constant Spawning of Priority Target: Artillery

I understand that this is to prevent players from camping but when I play with few people, it can get frustrating as we need to divert our attention away from the AO. I think I am going to have a love-hate relationship with this one.

Sorcher and CAS Activation

This looks good. So far, do we have any complaints of TKing with this? If so, can the culprit be identified for doing such calls on friendlies?

Medic's Role Needs A Rethink

I personally think insta-kill physics will make future Combat Life Savers not bother saving incapacitated players. I could be wrong as we are in the early stages of I&A3

Despite the teething issues, this is a good build. We hope that this can attract more (mature and cooperative) players.

Edited by fir_nev
Content

Artillery task

wvqqe7b9.jpg

then this

k3lamvmf.jpg

Hope the current Arty task is a placeholder for more different tasks in the future?

underwater side mission

was bored going base > Arty > base > Arty > AO > base > Arty so i gone for one of the more hated (failed) concepts of A3 > underwater combat!

Let alone you cant use FAKs underwater,medics close by are useless too and you got a sightline of around 35m,with NV around 20m.

Got clipped 3 times in a row without really seeing the enemy,first shot i take i get 1 accurate shot by enemy and im out of combat - rinse repeat,drive another 15min to obj,get killed same way,rinse repeat ...

EU1 / version 1.004

I m looking for a server running the old I+A 2 now

on eu2 after Sunday's launch.

-vehicles do not de spawn when leaving them to take boats, which is the only way to get to missions when no heli pilots are on.  with only 3 boats available I can also see a situation where all the boats are gone and no way to get to do the missions except swim, that would equals an empty server.

-after assigning myself to a mission on both servers 2 minutes later I get automatically dropped from the mission assignment,

-as a revived player I sometimes cannot move but I can plant and detonate explosives?

-went to do a side mission on the main island, after a 10 minute boat ride I get to the airport and there were no vehicles to steal, now I've only been to an airport a few times but I can tell you there were cars everywhere, the side mission was a 3.5km hike from there, I was loosing inspiration to do the mission.

I will now appologise to all the groups on both servers who invite me in when I play spotter, I won't be taking the spotter slot from now on, as you know I will sit on a hill reporting the position of all I see and marking it on the map, sometimes without even taking a shot so I don't give my position away, well they might as well just rename the spotter slot as "rifleman" now as the spotter has been restricted to 5.56 weapons and short range scopes, you can no longer take the EMR 7.62 rifle or long range scopes, (I could see all the weapons in the arsenal but they were taken off me shortly after selecting them), the reasoning behind this apparently is that the spotter is there as a protection detail for the sniper, how this is to be achived when the spotter has his face glued to a rangefinder is beyond my comprehension, and as both are proficiant snipers why can't the spotter pick up the rifle from a dead sniper and carry on the mission as would happen in real life.  Most of the time on the servers its very hard to find a sniper that even wants a spotter tagging along, they usually prefer to be out there on thier own anyway making the spotter role redundant in a 2 man team.

i miss having earplugs from the start. now can't mute during the loading and in the queue at the gyros stand. the whole "base" indeed looks more like a goat smugglers hideout, or a hippie squat, than a military base.

no one seen the "invade" part anyway, and the "annex" never happens - there is just an endless stream of opfor ghouls, rolling megatons of tigrises, frits and kumas. now even sochors and those cool "killins" (or are they 'tchillins')? if the OOB of 2 AOs would move in on the "camp" it would become I&Annecdetomy. The 'campaign' immersion is not played out. I still don't get the nature of us, the invaders and the relation to the inhabitants.

Still the two gyros guys can handle that from their little tables... And then there is the lost&found "TK" laptop laying around...

a lot of the new stuff is undocumented, now you can't tell what is a bug and what is indeed feature or what you didn't get yet.

It's not worth driving anywhere, it will be long over before you get half way there. APC or armor is not spawning anymore anyway. taking 2 hemmts (repair, fuel) just to keep hunters rolling, optional third for ammo and fourth for troops is .. not going to happen. you can't load weapons for other ppl beforehand anyway. And the big hemmt comes with couple FAKs - nowhere near what the gyros guys have...

unless FOB creation becomes an actual mission (making it mandatory), adding a spawn, move at least some partial arsenal crates over and defending it

arsenal is bugged here and there. snipers can't take ghillies as one example.

but let's see as it develops. new is always better.

PS I miss ACE on EU1 so much. it would make the roles potent and meaningful and add good challenge to criticized long range engagement.

@radek

I`ve read through your reply and I don`t want to sound rude or anything, but I can`t make out most of the things you are saying?

The mission has become difficult because AI has superior assets? That was the point, it makes a challenge.

Earplugs are getting added to you from the start with the next update.

The "Annex" part is implemented already, the mission completes after X amount of AOs (but the number is pretty high).

Some things are not FAQed yet, mission is fairly new, the core functions need to be tested and polished first.

APCs and tanks, they will come as an "option" to buy, similar to CAS/arty strikes, but the vehicles will be expensive (you will buy them via kill points).

FOBs already spawn after you complete certain AOs, that is already part of the mission. The defend option, not a bad idea.

Arsenal is being looked at, the Ghillies have been fixed, but spotters wont be able to take marksman rifles anymore. Their job is to stick with the sniper, call out targets to him and defend both of them in close range combat (so 6.5mm rifles are enough).

As Bacon said, ACE was never and will never be on EU1 and EU2, they are so called "vanilla" servers, only using official Arma 3 content (with exceptions of client-side mods from our repo).

24 minutes ago, PERO said:

I can`t make out most of the things you are saying?

yet, you addressed almost all tof my points accurately :)

The mission has become difficult because AI has superior assets?

no. it's a tad bit difficult than before, but nothing serious. I was talking about how it "feels" in the mood of the campaign.

I see, the other things are WIP. just keep us posted (the changelog stopped a while ago) :)

FOBs already spawn after you complete certain AOs, that is already part of the mission. The defend option, not a bad idea.

ok, haven't seen it yet.

spotters wont be able to take marksman rifles anymore. Their job is to stick with the sniper, call out targets to him and defend both of them in close range combat (so 6.5mm rifles are enough).

no problem, this is kinda the "correct" way. I have had beautiful sniper team gameplays with certain players here, but most folks don't want to talk or team up. the spotter slot is a little obsolete by then. other issue is getting snipers/recon into their positions reasonably and in time - this has become much more difficult now with the new base location (you basically fight other players for access than the AI for survival)

As Bacon said, ACE was never and will never be on EU1 and EU2

was only my opinion. me sad :(

1 hour ago, PERO said:

APCs and tanks, they will come as an "option" to buy, similar to CAS/arty strikes, but the vehicles will be expensive (you will buy them via kill points).

What are the chances of grand theft auto once our purchased armour spawns? I might throw into a bitch fit if somebody just steals my ride. :wacko:

1 hour ago, PERO said:

Arsenal is being looked at, the Ghillies have been fixed, but spotters wont be able to take marksman rifles anymore. Their job is to stick with the sniper, call out targets to him and defend both of them in close range combat (so 6.5mm rifles are enough).

Spotter-sniper team is already hard to find. People still have this idea that spotter is the backup sniper. Like @PERO said, they provide protection with semi-automatic weapons. At least give them access to more powerful optics so that the role does not become obsolete?

Link

Spoiler

Best example I could think of is from the opening scene of 'Shooter'.

side missions

Gone for the " Destroy Protoype" mission and found it heavily occupied by enemy forces (2 Gorgons,1 Mora,1 flipped Frit,2 Quilins + the T100 obj tank + 7-8 sqds of inf) which is kinda a tad OP in my opinion.The fact the T100 isnt offline more so is driving around too,looking like a regular guard tank for the mission kinda screwed my recon over.

I realised about at the 5th Titan i fired into it (not blowing it up).

Nxt side mission to go "Secure Chopper" which in opposit to before mentioned mission had only 2 Fritt´s + 1 ZSU + 1 squad inf.

Kinda irritating.

base lights at night

fo7dzbod.jpg

how about editing some chemlights around choppers and installment in the later (cosmetic) edits,espcially in changelights dawn and dusk its kinda messy to approach (for me)

base AA

works excellent !

EU 1 / version 1.004

@fir_nev

Spoiler

why did i had to click the spoiler,gawd why?

Mark fkking Wahlberg? And they gave him such a role? How can he show his abs lying on ground without movement?

And why CANNOT MAKE THIS UNSEE?

my eyes! my beatifull eyes!

:blink:

I have some problems myself, overall I like the Idea of unlocking bases as you go and everything...BUT

On Altis starting the CAS-Drones requires Luck and a very good connection. I can start the drones in the editor from that Spot, but for some reason not on the server. Could you make it so, that you have to unlock the UAVs on their Airfield (Maybe have a few tanks and AA there, and then you have to liberate it as the First side mission..and then it might get overrun by ai, so again=> new side mission to free it)

Yes people can do it, and I have seen some manage it, but overall, the amount of ppl actually managing to start the drones is very small 

7 hours ago, TheScar said:

@fir_nev

Reveal hidden contents

why did i had to click the spoiler,gawd why?

Mark fkking Wahlberg? And they gave him such a role? How can he show his abs lying on ground without movement?

And why CANNOT MAKE THIS UNSEE?

my eyes! my beatifull eyes!

:blink:

I will set up a crowdfunding page for Ur eyes' surgery... Sorry! :Hehehe-min:

2 hours ago, PiranhA said:

The guy needs more. A complete facial make-over would do. Were is the page?, i want to donate, for the sake of the world.

I am trying to set it up. It requires a video submission for proof that @TheScar is really suffering so that it justifies the eyes' surgery and face makeover.

:grin-min:

Longer post than I had anticipated incoming...

A few things I noticed in 3.0.0.4 or 3.0.0.5. I'll state where I saw them, though most were spotted on EU2. Some may be present on both servers. No particular order of importance or chronology.

- During spawning of a PRIO artillery mission on EU1, Crater informed me that enemy infantry units spawned about 10-15m above the ground, and just fell to their death. Apart from the 2 Sochors, Ammo HEMMT and protective H-barriers, nothing survived spawning in. So far, I haven't seen this on EU2 yet, though I have noticed a few Artillery side missions spawn in with the objective map marker only covering water. (units spawn on the nearest beach, however)

- I don't know if I&A 3 has a direct impact, but EU2 activity has taken a hit and went down hard. It was never as crowded as EU1, but on a normal weekday evening, you could still have 20 - 30 players enjoying 2.86, while now, on a Friday evening between 2030-2200Z, there were at most 3 people on.

- On EU2, "Take Yanukka" is way too close to base, in my opinion. Squads are patrolling on the street alongside the runway, in the forests just south of base and enemy armour (Tigris / Kamysh / Marid) will drive over the runway every few minutes. Even getting your head out of base may be tricky if your timing is a bit off, so I've seen a lot of people just leave base on foot or in a Prowler, die, respawn, leave base, die, respawn, leave base...

As I connected to EU2 a few minutes ago, I noticed that the active AO was still (or again?) at Yanukka. A comment by the only player on there was that he saw a few people join, but leaving soon, probably not liking the odds of this particular AO.

- AO activation on EU2 might still be a bit buggy. Last night, for example, AO 1 was completed, and AO 2 spawned in. After a few minutes, however, AO 2 tasks disappeared, and AO 1 was reactivated. Hostile units from both AO's remained active though.

- AO's on both servers seem to be filled with a lot more hostile troops now. While this should provide a bigger challenge and longer lasting AO's, it may also result in troops "bunching up" unintentionally. Last night, I've seen a UAV operator drop a single GBU-12 on a crossroad, thereby taking out 2 armoured vehicles, an Ifrit and about 10 infantry units... (won't share AO name to avoid abuse, but staff can request by PM, if they want)

- On EU2 (untested on EU1), there is no respawn timer on Greyhawks. With the previous point in mind, the UAV is currently very overpowered, and there's almost no incentive to not crash it into enemy units / radio tower or dodge incoming missiles.

- Could be an ArmA bug, but on EU2, I've noticed that a main AO can not be completed, even if all enemy units are taken care off, if a side mission has spawned inside it. The only way to complete main AO is to also complete side mission.

- In the event of previous remark, I discovered that the side mission in question (Destroy Ammo Cache, spawned inside Yanukka) was bugged. Nobody could find the ammo cache, so I checked via Zeus interface and discovered it had spawned very deep underground. Had to manually bring it to surface level, but after doing that, there was no option to set charge. Detonating a placed charge didn't do anything either, so I had to destroy and delete it as Zeus to complete the mission.

- (Side) Missions on EU2 seem to take very long before they are recognised as complete. For example, after destroying 2 Sochors of the PRIO artillery, it took at least 5 minutes until the mission was validated as successful.

- In some AO's, both on EU1 and EU2, Neophrons spawn. In general, I like that change, as they move more than the Orca / Kajman (obviously) yet are a bit less lethal than the Xi'an, but the way they're implemented would benefit from some revision. The biggest issue at this moment is that you can't really do anything about them. If you shoot one down, another will spawn no more than 2 minutes later. As such, people don't seem to bother shooting it down, and just seem to accept the airstrike hitting them, even if there are 3 flying over the AO (experienced on EU1).

- With initial AO's close to base, Neophrons tend to leave AO and use base for target practice quite a lot. I've seen it more than once now that a Neophron seems to have forgotten all about the AO and is fully dedicated on destroying the base, until it was shot down or diverted by Zeus.

- With I&A 3 being so new, I expect a lot of updates will be released in the upcoming days, weeks, maybe months. This requires a server reset, which in I&A 2 had practically zero impact, but in I&A3, a lot of progress can be lost because of this. Hence, I would suggest that for the time being (until update frequency slows down), the admin checks the active AO before doing a reset, and after restart manually "fast forwards" to a similar point to keep the players motivated and not have them play inside the same 5km around base all the time.

My two cents,
Eagle-Eye

Some additions to what @Eagle-Eye said:

8 hours ago, Eagle-Eye said:

- I don't know if I&A 3 has a direct impact, but EU2 activity has taken a hit and went down hard. It was never as crowded as EU1, but on a normal weekday evening, you could still have 20 - 30 players enjoying 2.86, while now, on a Friday evening between 2030-2200Z, there were at most 3 people on.

I've noticed this too and think it's because of the fog.  The last 4 times i've joined eu2 I couldnt see more then 15-20m due to the fog.  When i get an admin/spartan/... to remove it, it seems like people don't leave as quick.  Maybe put a marker somewhere on the map to let people know they can ask admins/spartans/... to remove the fog if it's too bad?  (Although this could lead to players spamming admins/spartans/... for a little bit of fog, so maybe not?)

- On EU2, "Take Yanukka" is way too close to base, in my opinion. Squads are patrolling on the street alongside the runway, in the forests just south of base and enemy armour (Tigris / Kamysh / Marid) will drive over the runway every few minutes. Even getting your head out of base may be tricky if your timing is a bit off, so I've seen a lot of people just leave base on foot or in a Prowler, die, respawn, leave base, die, respawn, leave base...

As I connected to EU2 a few minutes ago, I noticed that the active AO was still (or again?) at Yanukka. A comment by the only player on there was that he saw a few people join, but leaving soon, probably not liking the odds of this particular AO.

I've seen this AO as well, and as UAV operator I had to take an RPG and run to a hill outside of base to prevent a marid from killing everyone and everything at base.

- AO activation on EU2 might still be a bit buggy. Last night, for example, AO 1 was completed, and AO 2 spawned in. After a few minutes, however, AO 2 tasks disappeared, and AO 1 was reactivated. Hostile units from both AO's remained active though.

On EU2  I've noticed that if I (as a UAV operator) destroyed both the Prio arty target and the radiotower the AO would complete even though the AO was far from finished.  I believe This particular problem is solved in the version that's running now.  (Havnt had time to do destroy both the RT and Prio yet :) )

- AO's on both servers seem to be filled with a lot more hostile troops now. While this should provide a bigger challenge and longer lasting AO's, it may also result in troops "bunching up" unintentionally. Last night, I've seen a UAV operator drop a single GBU-12 on a crossroad, thereby taking out 2 armoured vehicles, an Ifrit and about 10 infantry units... (won't share AO name to avoid abuse, but staff can request by PM, if they want)

Not only UAV operators 'abuse' this, yesterday i saw an AT rifleman kill 10+ EI with a single AP missile.

- On EU2 (untested on EU1), there is no respawn timer on Greyhawks. With the previous point in mind, the UAV is currently very overpowered, and there's almost no incentive to not crash it into enemy units / radio tower or dodge incoming missiles.

It was in one of the previous versions of EU1 as well, haven't had the time to test it out on the newer versions.  However I think on EU1 this isnt OP as it is really really hard to get the greyhawk in the air.

58 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

I've noticed this too and think it's because of the fog.  The last 4 times i've joined eu2 I couldnt see more then 15-20m due to the fog.  When i get an admin/spartan/... to remove it, it seems like people don't leave as quick.  Maybe put a marker somewhere on the map to let people know they can ask admins/spartans/... to remove the fog if it's too bad?  (Although this could lead to players spamming admins/spartans/... for a little bit of fog, so maybe not?)

The fog-issue was already present in 2.86. While I have the impression it improved in the last versions (M - O), it appears to have made a comeback in IA3. So when I connected last night, I expected to see a lot of fog, but visibility was still well beyond 1.5km, so that can't have been the reason so few people were on.

I think the problem on eu2 is now one of travel restrictions, if there is no heli pilot on it takes forever to take a boat to the AO's the travel time and lack of vehicles is just putting people off playing, the last time I played on there I had to take a hemmit to the boats as all the quads were gone.