[GAMENIGHT] [AWE] Operation Whiskey Delta

Copey

Operation Whiskey Delta

Time: 1800 GMT (1900 UK LOCAL)

Date: Saturday 29th of October 2016

ASSEMBLE IN MISSION PLANNING 15 MINUTES BEFORE MISSION START.

Cover to your local time zone here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=AWE+Operation+Whiskey+Delta&iso=20161029T18&p1=1440

Correct Mission Version for Server: 1.10

Join Session in Progress is allowed, with the same rules as for unfair deaths (see below in important notes).

First off this is my first gamenight, and while every effort has been made to ensure no bugs  affect your experience, there may still be some present. My apologies ahead of time if this is the case.

So, the details. This is a ZEUS gamenight. This will probably be streamed, and if not, definitely recorded.

Map: Gorgona

Base: Main Base on the Island

Mission: A mission to recover Intel and render assistance to a local asset. This is all the information available at this time. The ASL or PLTCO will have ahead knowledge of the goings on of the operation, and they can disseminate information as they see fit. Be aware, this will not be an easy op, but I will not try to make you fail, expect a good fight. Be advised there is a road out due to a rockfall, shown on map by a red exclamation mark. This road is impassable and should not be used.

Time: Evening, not yet night.

Restrictions: No AT LAUNCHERS (You won’t be needing them). HAT, MAT, LOGI, TORCH, HAMMER and VORTEX 2 slots have been removed. In addition to this the COMMAND group consists of PLTCO and 2 Medics Only.  Normal gauntlet rules apply throughout.

Important Notes: Ace Medical Basic. Medics are the only ones able to administer Epi and Blood. If you aren’t familiar with basic please look here: ACE Wiki

Players should also be aware that there is a 1 life policy, ie. you die, you're done. HOWEVER, I have made it quite hard for you to die outright. There are no insta-deaths. Once in the down but not out stage, you have 150 seconds to be revived by a medic. You can be revived 2 times. After this you will die, and be able to spectate the mission, this is something you might want to do, instead of just disconnecting (HINT HINT). If you are killed unfairly (bad frag, or disconnect due to error etc.) you can respawn at a debug island. Ping Zeus to be re-inserted via a teleport. DO NOT SPAM ZEUS. Anybody trying to circumnavigate this process will be dealt with in a fashion...lightning bolts.

As there is only 1 vortex team slot,, there can only be one vortex bird, this will be the Littlebird Medium CAS variant. All troop movement will be done through Humvees, 4 door, open types. However others may be made available. This is designed to be a fun, infantry based mission, so don’t come packing loads of mags and ammo, 6-7 should suffice for the standard rifleman. This said, you may wish to have an ammo  bearer for normal mags within a team (perhaps whoever would normally bring AT). Due to the islands size (it is very small) there may be portions of the mission where you actually have to walk around, this will not be more than a click, so no moaning about a little legwork! While the armoured slots have been removed, the vehicles will remain spawned in.  They are there to look pretty and give you an idea what the base may look like when we put Gauntlet onto this map (or something requiring a base).

The arsenal used in this gamenight will be exactly the same as guantlet's.

ALL PLAYERS should be aware that the default loadouts are for ACE advanced. This is especially apparent for medics who will need to get blood instead of plasma (which is what  you are given by default). Basic bandages also suffice for all wounds, instead of the various types used in Ace Advanced.

And no, this won’t end with a nuke (Skull). Sigh.

Requesting a slot: Sign Up Here!: Google Form

I will try to post a roster ahead of mission start below, PLTCO and SLs will be aware ahead of time that they have this slot, as they will require a briefing from me. People who apply for this role will be screened, and I will only give it to someone who I feel is appropriate and can handle the workload. Per say, I would not recommend applying for PLTCO if it would be your first time in the role.

#SpoilerPhotosADC2CB0C211AED2910589AF63470941190298CEF86C950C35BA59FC1D59AAD17625EAA25A5899A94

1 hour ago, Michal said:

Hey Copey, will the roster be posted on here before gamenight?

This is an unusual process and only happened during Ryko's campaign gamenights (as far as I remember).

The common procedure is people get told what slot they got right before the gamenight, in order of sign up. If someone's not there at the time, their slot gets freed up for people who want to play, but didn't sign up/get a slot. Same happens with extra slots, if no one signed up for them or there weren't enough sign ups.

Hope I didn't mess up my explanation.

That's a perfect explanation Colsta - though it's really up to who ever is running the game night.

If Copey wants to release the signups ahead of time, he can do so, of course there's no real gain to that as people can forget to show up, and then you just have to do the same adjustment on the day, anyway.

14 hours ago, Michal said:

Hey Copey, will the roster be posted on here before gamenight?

Copey stated today that slot assignments will be announced Saturday afternoon, in advance of the gamenight.

(He's not able to post himself, but he wanted you all to know)

Thanks @Mouldy Yeah I will make sign ups available Saturday afternoon, I am using them to gauge how many people we can be expecting roughly, and as a way of giving people who signed up ahead of time a chance at their preference.

Anybody who has signed up and is no longer able to make it, just post in here or drop me a pm please.

• Copey unfeatured this topic