Invade and Annex 3

MessedUpSmiley

Question:

I can imagine that quite a lot of people will want to try this at event start (maybe even more than the 120 that EU1/2 combined can gather?), so when all try to connect simultaneously when you say 'server is up', I'm pretty sure things could go (very) wrong with or on the server. As such, how will access to the server be regulated? Is there a special picking order, other than the normal AW hierarchy, or will it be first-come first-served?

5 hours ago, Eagle-Eye said:

Question:

I can imagine that quite a lot of people will want to try this at event start (maybe even more than the 120 that EU1/2 combined can gather?), so when all try to connect simultaneously when you say 'server is up', I'm pretty sure things could go (very) wrong with or on the server. As such, how will access to the server be regulated? Is there a special picking order, other than the normal AW hierarchy, or will it be first-come first-served?

He has a point. The connection needs to be regulated or the server will crash SHOULD more than expected players connect at the same time. Unless redundancy has been put in place.

I might be connecting in the last hours of the event since it will be morning here.

28 minutes ago, PERO said:

I believe we have no special procedure for this, it will be the same as the server restarts/reboot. Not sure, we haven`t fully discussed this yet.

Rule 4.1.4.3. comes close to a solution, tho as stated in the rules it counts for pilotslots.

5 hours ago, fir_nev said:

Cons

1. Trolls are taking advantage of the no-Teamkill feed
  2. Players stuck at death screen even after revive
  3. Could not carry or drag casualties

Pros

1. I understand that I&A3 is to push players to a more infantry-base gameplay

I will copy and paste these points in the feedback thread (if there is any)

I could drag casualties, didn't try carrying and only dragged because the revive seems so buggy.

Speaking of which with the new revive mechanic, everytime I held the middle mouse button it would just stop and go to the downed guys inventory. When I finally got the meter to fill, the guy just lay there, no idea if it worked or if he had respawned. I've added a key press to actions/middle wheel again, will see if that helps.

The handy distance meter for downed comrades is gone, and I couldn't discern on a map quite who was downed, so you are left with a marker and no idea how far away they are.

Floating dead soldiers were abundant.

I like the fact it now only shows weapons you can equip on the arsenal.

Still its a nice start lets see how it evolves.

1 hour ago, Gamerbug said:

I could drag casualties, didn't try carrying and only dragged because the revive seems so buggy.

Speaking of which with the new revive mechanic, everytime I held the middle mouse button it would just stop and go to the downed guys inventory. When I finally got the meter to fill, the guy just lay there, no idea if it worked or if he had respawned. I've added a key press to actions/middle wheel again, will see if that helps.

The handy distance meter for downed comrades is gone, and I couldn't discern on a map quite who was downed, so you are left with a marker and no idea how far away they are.

Floating dead soldiers were abundant.

I like the fact it now only shows weapons you can equip on the arsenal.

Still its a nice start lets see how it evolves.

1. I spent a minute looking at the body hoping that the drag or carry actions appear in the menu
  2. I have not played as a medic but when a medic revived me, I just lay on the ground unable to move
  3. I think it is realistic for medics not able to see casualties unless they are issued goggles with HUD. Chances of players holding the spacebar is far greater
  4. Haven't come across a floating soldier
  5. I agree with the class-matching weapons selection

I was not around when AhoyWorld was on Stratis so I shall not criticise on the development of I&A3.

36 minutes ago, fir_nev said:

1. I spent a minute looking at the body hoping that the drag or carry actions appear in the menu
  2. I have not played as a medic but when a medic revived me, I just lay on the ground unable to move
  3. I think it is realistic for medics not able to see casualties unless they are issued goggles with HUD. Chances of players holding the spacebar is far greater

1. Yeah as a medic all options appeared as they should, there is a new context menu for reviving, but you have to hold in the middle mouse button for a while a dial fills up, but the middle mouse button seems very iffy, so hopefully assigning a button will work, we shall see.

2. That was what happened after I revived a guy.

3. Well that depends on how realistic EU1 or 2 need to be; I mean I still get a magic red asterisk saying there is an downed soldier 'somewhere over there', which is also completley unrealistic, how would I know there is someone in need of medical attention if I cannot physically see them?

There needs to be some way of us knowing how close a downed soldier is, because you are not going to run to a guy 300m away when one is 50m away, you are going to prioritise.

I have complete faith in I&A's development, and these teething problems are to be expected.

My first hours in combat with V3 were not that much to say anything about it but I think I like it!

Thanks for the hard work that is needed to make such a setup. :wub:

Second - I am proud that you guys take my screenies to fill the website and the new I&A3 Logo :) I try always to get the best graphics out of Arma 3 and Reallight (http://sh8.videopilot.link/real-light-7/) a very good Mod that I am using!

Will test this night and will give some good feedback. Sadly on the Server some people think they have to moan about the new version but i think thats the "Steam-Generation" who insults everyone and everything ;) at any time wherever they go...

cheers