ZEUS actions

TheScar

i vote for keeping zeus on. the default "shooting fish in a barrel" mode should be grateful for having an additional dynamic element

but pls do more regular "disclaimers" that a zeus is on, and additionally, when an important change to game mechanics is applied (like the lasers thing). chat messages are flooded away fast by logins and when you miss it, you are in for nasty surprises. maybe if it could be permanently marked on the map by the AO.

a good compromise were the pure zeus missions, which were clearly designated as such, were running in parallel to standard AOs and prompted for coordinated player teams. which you dont get by default and you can't expect blufor to rationally react to the tactical situation and its changes in field - "what would CSAT do/what would zeus do" is not how I&A works nor teaches players to behave.

also it seems zeus is on only when it's night, ideally with rain :)

• 4 weeks later...

aaaaaaand we´r back again ....

Got shot yesterday by a Hellcat that circel´d past 2 AOs for a while,could see its path,couldnt lock it with AA - untill it gone a 2nd time for my ass and,you guess´d it killed me instant with 2 rockets.

Just now again after climbing up a hill hvy loaded as my front tires where out i get wiped by a Hellcat the second i reach a pos to overview AO to get a shot ...

BAM!

Dead again!

So how is this enhancing gameplay?

Feel free to explain Amentes,its clearly not the first time and i m fed up with such a abuse of power.

Not speaking of the fog on the whole map,the weather changes and all the other shit no one expects

Well played.

Not.

2 hours ago, TheScar said:

Got shot yesterday by a Hellcat that circel´d past 2 AOs for a while,could see its path,couldnt lock it with AA - untill it gone a 2nd time for my ass and,you guess´d it killed me instant with 2 rockets.

Just now again after climbing up a hill hvy loaded as my front tires where out i get wiped by a Hellcat the second i reach a pos to overview AO to get a shot ...

BAM!

Dead again!

Feel free to explain Amentes,its clearly not the first time and i m fed up with such a abuse of power.

Not speaking of the fog on the whole map,the weather changes and all the other shit no one expects

Well played.

Not.

Are you okay? 

So you didn't move from your position after an armed chopper had spotted you the first time?

So you were aware that there was a helicopter, yet you use a slow vehicle to climb up a hill - UP A HILL - and then you complain about getting shot - again.

It's punishing you for the mistakes you are making, so what I'd guess is that you learn from your mistakes.

its clearly not the first time

Oh, I see.. it has happened before.. you must have learned by now.

Not.

So with random weather built into Arma, a Zeus randomly changing the weather is suddenly weird as no one expected it? No shit, if a Zeus doesn't change it no-one expects it either.

In all fairness to TheScar, Zeus can either make the mission great OR ruin it for everyone and there is often a fine line between the two. 

Additionally its also down to an individuals preference and play style and you can never please everybody. Although I have not seen the Zeusing (<-- Is that a thing?) on Eu#1/2 I have however experienced disruptive Zeus's before and it is really frustrating. If it has lead to such a long winded post is it not worth looking into? I'm sure its not only TheScar who hasn't enjoyed the Zeus events on such a populated server, and therefore it doesn't seem civil to just shout down his opinion as he is giving feedback. Although some point could possibly be more 'constructive' rather than '"I don't like...", much easier to criticise than find the solution.

5 minutes ago, TheScar said:

you can keep your smartass attitude

I wasn't really planning on getting rid of it, but thanks anyway.

8 minutes ago, TheScar said:

you know nuttin,you comin up with "assumptions"

Luckily I know how to let go of frustration and to accept your mistakes instead of blaming them on someone else.
On the matter of assumptions, what I said is based on what you posted. This means that if you're telling me that they are assumptions; the facts in your post must be biased up to a point that they no longer provide me with the right details to sketch the right environment, but seeing you're complaining you must be providing us with what really happened. Kind of contradictory; don't you think?

18 minutes ago, TheScar said:

your shitty ZEUS´s that base on no facts

So what would a non-shitty ZEUS that 'bases on facts?' look like according to you, all you do is complain without providing a solution to your problem.

Also in the same sentence as calling me out for making assumptions, making the assumption that the Spartans 'don't base on facts?'* ... really?

* On what facts should a Spartan base?

From the rules:

8. Until it’s resolved taking control of AI and killing players is not permitted it will be classed as teamkilling.

I don't know if this rule was broken in this case, but consider it a reminder so it's not forgotten.

The Zeus's job is NOT to punish players for making subjective mistakes, if it were then I assure you the playerbase would be long gone.

I thought it would be common sense, but I don't see how it's a good idea to change the weather without asking the players first.

I think the fundamental issue is still that zeuses are forgetting their primary purpose, to IMPROVE the players experience, not their own.

1 minute ago, Jason. said:

From the rules:

8. Until it’s resolved taking control of AI and killing players is not permitted it will be classed as teamkilling.

I believe this was resolved in I&3 (Accidentally?) with the new introduction of the medical system as it doesn't show up in chat when we kill someone through a AI.

1 minute ago, Jason. said:

Look up what ' it's  ' relates to and if it's resolved already.

2 minutes ago, Jason. said:

The Zeus's job is NOT to punish players for making subjective mistakes, if it were then I assure you the playerbase would be long gone.

Let me reword then, because I never say that's all they did; but one of the reasons the Spartan is there to make it more realistic, if in reality a person sits on a hill when a helicopter is up he is going to be spotted as well, so that person shouldn't do that or otherwise is making a mistake. In Arma you could sometimes get away with it as the AI is not smart enough that it could simulate real warfare.

8 minutes ago, Jason. said:

I thought it would be common sense, but I don't see how it's a good idea to change the weather without asking the players first.

I'd love nature to use common sense and ask me if it could start raining just before I hopped on my bicycle in the morning.

As I said, weather in Arma is random - having a vote on it wouldn't make sense - and to be honest I like it when it's foggy or raining once in a while, because it's something different and more challenging for a change.

11 minutes ago, Jason. said:

I think the fundamental issue is still that zeuses are forgetting their primary purpose, to IMPROVE the players experience, not their own.

I think the fundamental issue is that players directly feel targeted when a Spartan is online, every death, every challenge that they have to face is suddenly one too much.

Do you have a case of a Spartan improving the his own experience over the experience of others, because if it is in relevance to the weather thing, it's not like Spartans - who are also players - would not get affected by this sort of stuff.

19 minutes ago, Jason. said:

I mainly use the Zeus interface to change weather, actually, and have generally done so without asking first... My reason is explained by what I just tried on EU2, with approximately 15 players on (myself not included)...

I asked if anyone was interested in something different than clear sunny skies. Over the course of 5 minutes:

2 replied they liked it as it is and didn't want weather to change

1 said he didn't care, as long as it didn't hit his FPS

None of the others seemed to care enough to even bother with answering

As a result, weather is still CAVOK right now...

fkk the weather,thats not the point at all !

Ima sketch you the events out like it happend just today,i dont care if you read it or skip it cause your attention span (this is a assumption,in case you dont get the difference) isnt capable of reading it all.

I came back from side mission and decided to not go base to restock as i still got 60% supplies and headed towards AO (south of Agios) and i took a shortroad towards a higher position,breaking my front tires in the process - stopping my Hunter at the beginning of the hillslope.

Swapped my AA gear for AT (2 AT,1 AP,1 loaded in tube) and proceeded upwards the hill with 6km/h on foot (weight restriction).AO just spawned 3min ago so i expected to help on cutting enemy AA as i noticed the Hellcat coming at 4-50m height around the hill on my 11 pos.It flew over me and put 1-2 salvos around my Hunter without hitting it.

Proceeding up the hill ... scanning for the Hellcat each 10sec.

The second i arrive at the hillslope top she s back and nailing me dead on.

A single soldier 70m off his vehicle,with 19 points on scorelist gets targeted.

Believable,right.

Even better,hitting up the statistics (ingame) it reveals i got killed by Amentes.The ZEUS at this moment.

For no fkking reason as to cut me off. (see,another assumption)

Loaded me Hunter at base again,going for side mission,stopping near old base @ harbor between containers to be safe from (expectable) enemy artillery rounds,going for desktop,typing the above,coming back and witnessing this:

grzwlfuy.jpg

Funny thing is,there s a 2nd Hunter on my rear end.

Fine,not gonna stop me - moving on to side mission (which i engaged 30min before,not finishing it as at that time MeryQue and some other pub was on it and i expected them to clear it out.They didnt,so i got there a 2nd time.

Noticing a 2nd pub team coming for side and decided to just recon and call out enemies for em once they arrive.

Scouting via HMG,20sec later a single shot takes out my HMG gun.No other shots.Just this one.

And you cant reservice that damage being done by a teammember (ZEUS) on the fly,the base service wont fix it by default,either it gets destroyed or you deal FF to it a 2nd time to override the 1st FF damage and then it services.

You see,that alone is a useless waste of my gaming time and,as i quoted on page 1 of this thread is clearly vs the rules set by AHOY yourself.

I made this thread in hope that AHOY staff would acknowledge and work on that to give it a bit more structure and clean decicions that can be agreed by everyone.

You did not.

As proven.

And as reading isnt really your strong side:

1 hour ago, TheScar said:

you comin up with "assumptions" (to defend your shitty ZEUS´s) that base on no facts.

i colored it for easier read.

And yea,i got evidence of ZEUS raising their own enjoyment.

More than one time.

But thats not the point.

I made my decicion,i m out of this forum - you can now smile and pretend in your own pink panther magical ZEUS world and ignore the issues - i dont fkking care anymore.

I choose my path.

You may choose yours and we ll see how this will turn out at judgement day.

Karma is a b*tch,my (not)friend.

42 minutes ago, TheScar said:

fkk the weather,thats not the point at all !

Ima sketch you the events out like it happend just today,i dont care if you read it or skip it cause your attention span (this is a assumption,in case you dont get the difference) isnt capable of reading it all.

I came back from side mission and decided to not go base to restock as i still got 60% supplies and headed towards AO (south of Agios) and i took a shortroad towards a higher position,breaking my front tires in the process - stopping my Hunter at the beginning of the hillslope.

Swapped my AA gear for AT (2 AT,1 AP,1 loaded in tube) and proceeded upwards the hill with 6km/h on foot (weight restriction).AO just spawned 3min ago so i expected to help on cutting enemy AA as i noticed the Hellcat coming at 4-50m height around the hill on my 11 pos.It flew over me and put 1-2 salvos around my Hunter without hitting it.

Proceeding up the hill ... scanning for the Hellcat each 10sec.

The second i arrive at the hillslope top she s back and nailing me dead on.

A single soldier 70m off his vehicle,with 19 points on scorelist gets targeted.

Believable,right.

Even better,hitting up the statistics (ingame) it reveals i got killed by Amentes.The ZEUS at this moment.

For no fkking reason as to cut me off. (see,another assumption)

Loaded me Hunter at base again,going for side mission,stopping near old base @ harbor between containers to be safe from (expectable) enemy artillery rounds,going for desktop,typing the above,coming back and witnessing this:

grzwlfuy.jpg

Funny thing is,there s a 2nd Hunter on my rear end.

Fine,not gonna stop me - moving on to side mission (which i engaged 30min before,not finishing it as at that time MeryQue and some other pub was on it and i expected them to clear it out.They didnt,so i got there a 2nd time.

Noticing a 2nd pub team coming for side and decided to just recon and call out enemies for em once they arrive.

Scouting via HMG,20sec later a single shot takes out my HMG gun.No other shots.Just this one.

And you cant reservice that damage being done by a teammember (ZEUS) on the fly,the base service wont fix it by default,either it gets destroyed or you deal FF to it a 2nd time to override the 1st FF damage and then it services.

You see,that alone is a useless waste of my gaming time and,as i quoted on page 1 of this thread is clearly vs the rules set by AHOY yourself.

I made this thread in hope that AHOY staff would acknowledge and work on that to give it a bit more structure and clean decicions that can be agreed by everyone.

You did not.

As proven.

And as reading isnt really your strong side:

i colored it for easier read.

And yea,i got evidence of ZEUS raising their own enjoyment.

More than one time.

But thats not the point.

I made my decicion,i m out of this forum - you can now smile and pretend in your own pink panther magical ZEUS world and ignore the issues - i dont fkking care anymore.

I choose my path.

You may choose yours and we ll see how this will turn out at judgement day.

Karma is a b*tch,my (not)friend.

The more i read the more i think you're just butt hurt that you died for the first time in a century because you like to abuse the AIs view distance from a hill 3km away.

Did i forget to mention you threatening to team kill someone the other day because he fired a rocket in your direction? Oh and I've even seen you fire a rocket at a friendly Kuma because it was "yours" since you did all the work at the side mission. You've got no room to talk to us about ruining gameplay when you're going around with that attitude.

3 minutes ago, IOnceWasATeddy said:

The more i read the more i think you're just butt hurt that you died for the first time in a century because you like to abuse the AIs view distance from a hill 3km away.

The Ao at the time of events was 800m off me @ the other side of that hilltop.

Once again,who s butthurt?

4 minutes ago, IOnceWasATeddy said:

Did i forget to mention you threatening to team kill someone the other day because he fired a rocket in your direction? Oh and I've even seen you fire a rocket at a friendly Kuma because it was "yours" since you did all the work at the side mission. You've got room to talk to us about ruining gameplay when you're going around with that attitude.

As far as i recall it the correct process for this is to report the player or call in an admin to let him enforce the rules.

Thats basically the same as being a ZEUS and taking justice into your own hands,rrrrrrright?

Apart from the fact i TK for a reason (thats important to me) and in 9,9/10 cases i either get fired at first or i get my vehicle "stolen".

Calling in a admin anytime that happens costs me min.10min time of my gaming time.

Executing justice myself costs me only 1min.

I m expecting courtmeasures anytime i do that.Like the rules say.I m not excluded from the rules,i just bend them at times.

Then again,i m a public player.

Im not accociated to AHOY to any means.

Unlike a ZEUS/admin or AHOY member.

Get my point?

And the response of yoú´ll clearly shows whats wrong in here.

Power makes hungry for more.

Form an own opinion,even it might not be comfortable doing so.

Picking on me for "mistakes" i make in a gaming enviroment vs AI enemies shows great character.

Its similar to the first pages,you people bite on the first thign your brain recalls and nagg yourself into it without working on a "actual" solution or acknowledging the problem.

You can defend your ZEUS compadres all day long,that doesnt take balls.

Pointing out flaws in the system does.

Only 1,5 days,you wont read anymore from me ... just take a long,warm bubblebath.

3 minutes ago, TheScar said:

The Ao at the time of events was 800m off me @ the other side of that hilltop.

Once again,who s butthurt?

The comment i made had nothing to do with the time of events spoken about.

3 minutes ago, TheScar said:

As far as i recall it the correct process for this is to report the player or call in an admin to let him enforce the rules.

So why didnt you?

4 minutes ago, TheScar said:

Calling in a admin anytime that happens costs me min.10min time of my gaming time.

Oh wait, you're too lazy to alt-tab into TeamSpeak and poke someone or even just say !Admin in side chat, takes 1 minute if that.

16 minutes ago, TheScar said:

Executing justice myself costs me only 1min.

Team-killing isn't this "justice" you speak of. You know the rules better than anyone, team-killing isn't permitted at all, even in self-defence.

18 minutes ago, TheScar said:

I m expecting courtmeasures anytime i do that.Like the rules say.I m not excluded from the rules,i just bend them at times.

But if a Zeus gave you a lightening bolt to the face for a deliberate team kill, you'd complain that its a abuse of powers. You might say that might be overkill, but some admins have zero tolerance.

20 minutes ago, TheScar said:

And the response of yoú´ll clearly shows whats wrong in here.

Power makes hungry for more.

Form an own opinion,even it might not be comfortable doing so.

Picking on me for "mistakes" i make in a gaming enviroment vs AI enemies shows great character.

Its similar to the first pages,you people bite on the first thign your brain recalls and nagg yourself into it without working on a "actual" solution or acknowledging the problem.

You can defend your ZEUS compadres all day long,that doesnt take balls.

Pointing out flaws in the system does.

Aaaaaand none of that has near enough nothing to do with what i said.

are you done now defending this with your tail between your legs?

This is not a thread to pinpoint shit,dont make it into one.

I can look in the mirror without feeling to bad.All your +1 upvotes from people that "to lazy" (your point) to form and type their opinion in here and barely having taken the time to read the thread and the arguments and counterarguments.

Shitty sorry you people fail to evolve.

Not my problem.

You just looking for points to badmouth me.

Wont work.

As i never changed alot from my red line of conduct.

Like said,keep believing.

I dont mind.

And i m not going to badmouth you either.