The Black Death (game giveaway)

PiranhA

1 hour ago, Colsta said:

When Fabs and I played, there were a total of maybe 2-3 players across all servers.

Oh I agree the servers are dead, it was more an observation of surprise to see more than one other person online, especially as when I logged on it said 1/50 online.

I find you will find a lot more players (assuming they are on the server) at the capital city, outside of that I reckon finding others randomly would be almost non-existent.

I did have a friend interested in trying it with me, which would have made for a better video, but I told them to hold onto thier money, it's waaaay too expensive as it stands.

Last 2 posts of you guys are spot on when it comes to complaints about the game. After a new update the amount of people goes up for about 3/4 days. Maybe a idea to plan something with the ahoy members who have the game to play with a group? 

Best populated eu server is/are london 2 and frankfurt 1 in general.

http://www.small-impact.com/BlackDeath/dev-blog-21-weekly-qa-engine-upgrade-update-details-indie-db-awards-and-dev-talk-at-brewdog-leicester/

Will the Combat System be improved upon in its current state and how?

Making changes to the combat in game is a big task. It involves changes to animations, programming, movement/controls and hit detection/collision. There are many elements that are involved in how the combat system is created for example adding different moves or weapon types requires a lot of work. We used to have a stance system built into our combat but this was removed based on player feedback. Combat is something that we would like to revisit sometime before we go into a full launch stage. If and when we do upgrade our combat system, due to the large workload it would more than likely be featured in its own update.

To be fair it's not so much the pace of the combat, but the teleportig enemies.

Also the fact the enemies seem to swing at you faster than you can at them, and the hit detection against them sucks, but against you seems very unfair.

And let's be honest if they do not revisit the combat before launch, this game will be panned hard by reviewers and all the hard work will be for nothing.

2 minutes ago, PiranhA said:

They more freeze or get stuck to me like in this vid:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/412450/discussions/0/142261352654884873/

I've had that as well, I'll be editing up a few videos to show the game off, and thats the good and the bad. You'll get to witness me chasing a few foxes to have them disappear and re-appear about 20 feet behind me on a few occasions :D.

I may be having another go tonight, as the game oddly appeals to me, even with not lots to do yet. However I haven't been on Arma 3 in a while either, so that might win out instead.

- The blue bar is the progress for your talents, its fills with gathering and crafting.

- Next to the city you got hurt couse you were running "into" the spikes

- You got lucky a few times for not getting sick while you walked past diseased bodies in ravens reach (next to the smith in the house with the red cross)

- Forgot to loot the bandit (15 gold if remember well)

- A map with some handy things on it (not updated) Cn-antWXEAAU52d.jpg

12 hours ago, PiranhA said:

- The blue bar is the progress for your talents, its fills with gathering and crafting.

- Next to the city you got hurt couse you were running "into" the spikes

- You got lucky a few times for not getting sick while you walked past diseased bodies in ravens reach (next to the smith in the house with the red cross)

- Forgot to loot the bandit (15 gold if remember well)

- A map with some handy things on it (not updated) 

• Ah, I did not know that
  • Yeah I thought that might be a the reason
  • Yep know that, got sick at a town that was pretty much plauge ridden
  • Yeah I know
  • I'm going to ignore "help" maps for now, for the fun of discovering the game

22 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

@PiranhA you don't happen to have another key lying around do you?  I've watched @Gamerbug's first 2 videos and feel like giving it a go

Oh well, can do. Just add me to steam and ill fix it this or next week.

Funny to see gamerbug getting mad at food getting rotted: it was my idea about food getting rotten and the devs implemented it directly in the next patch after. He hasnt found the book i wrote yet... the seventh seal (also a real movie), i adjusted the story to the game, told the story to @Fabs a few months ago on teamspeak...

I got mad about it rotting as it seemed a bit too fast if you go by the green bar, I love the idea that it rots, and it was a great suggestion; food shouldn't last forever.

In this next video I get annoyed at the bone spear being so brittle. This is a direct continuation, so anything I did wrong in the last one, I will have done wrong here as well.

I spent 3 hours solid on it last night, those will be a new installment once edited.

Ive watched the 2nd recording last night on youtube and enjoyed!

Better quality ingredients make better quality items, lasting longer. In my last session i went as a "cotton" farmer: seeding poor/average/basic cotton seeds, harvesting them and the quality of the cotton and seeds getting better and better. Eventually i could make a rare rope from rare threads.

Going to play again after the next patch, have 54 hours on the game now, going to get around 75 after the next patch i hope.

Stan: invite accepted.

1 hour ago, Colsta said:

I played Hunter when I tried it out. I found archery really weird. The arrows fall way too much way too fast. That said, if you can find animals, it's a really profitable venture.

Playing Arma helps more than you think, lead the target, aim high, and image you are using a ASP-1 ;)