The Black Death (game giveaway)

PiranhA

Ahoy everyone,

Only some of us know the game, the black death: a medieval survival game. Yes, i agree the market is bombarded with survival games at the moment and theres still some big titles on its way, mount and blade II for example. The black death is still in early acces and we all know what that can mean: a big failure and money gone. And it happens alot. Ive experienced it multiple times, devs abandoning the project when the game is barely playable. Last patch (0.09) brought the game to a decent playable level, atleast to my experience.

I still keep supporting these games, and find it interesting to see the progress of failure or succes. The black death could become a true gem in my eyes and i believe the small team behind the game is very passionate, ambitious and willing to listen (very well) to the community. One of my ideas is already implemented in the last patch: https://steamcommunity.com/app/412450/discussions/0/352792037329380973/

I hope i have your attention ... but even more, i hope you see a future in playing this game. If still in doubt, take a look on the dev-blogs and other stuff on them site: http://www.small-impact.com/BlackDeath/

Now, as the title says, ill be giving away the game. For now it will be 10 "copy's" but i can become more if "all ahoyworld" is interest. If the majority of the people whom are playing the game are positive (within Ahoy), i will do many more TBD giveaways. There are some things you have to keep in mind before doing a response on this post:

- You are really interested in this game. If the genre dosnt suit you or you just want to game to return it and grab the cash, move on! 

- Only reply if you are a ahoy-member with your forum profile made before THIS post. Your (staff) role within Ahoy is not giving any benefits or negative side effects.

Some other details: i do not know (yet) how to pick the lucky ones. Im thinking of gifting the game by steam, but im not sure yet. Ill keep my eyes and ears open for suggestions.

So, if youre still awake and still interest, leave a response below. You have until 15 december to reply.

If you dont mind me asking, are you some kind of dev or how did you get that amount of keys? 

I think the game looks fun and promising but lots of the steam reviews are speaking of many bugs as well as a pretty bad stability, any idea/thoughts on that? 

This looks incredibly grim, like a dystopian novel set in the Middle Ages. Exactly my thing.

I'd normally hold off on early access games, especially ones as ambitious as these (StarForge anyone?), but this genuinely piqued my interest. Got it on my wishlist and will follow its progress.

So how does the multiplayer work? I'll just assume it's similar to Rust, and if so, an AW gathering on one is as good a place as any to start the game.

11 hours ago, SkullCollector said:

So how does the multiplayer work?

Theres several classes like peasant, hunter, monk, merchant, blacksmith, beggar, knight and militia, more to be added. Building and designing your home/base from scratch is not possible, you have to buy a house. 

The only thing im doing so far is exploring, upgrading skills and growing/gathering food & water and running away from bandits since im a peasant. Ive explored a hidden cove a few days ago but couldnt finish it all as i needed to go back for food and water. Ive met 3 real people so far, one of them was a thief, he seemed friendly but since ive met him im missing a high quality rope. Ive been close to death 3 times, got the plague once but just survived, was near death.

Theres several servers, london, frankfurt, amsterdam and some more. Every friday is fightninght, a special event organized by the devs.

In theory it sounds amazing.

I'm on the same boat as Skull - I love medieval era stuff (I have over 400 hours in Crusader Kings - which isn't much at all compared to some people), and I'm always on the lookout for good survival games.

If you're praising it, I'll definitely keep an eye out.

16 hours ago, ZeroZeroSix said:

If you dont mind me asking, are you some kind of dev

Sry, missed your question ZeroZeroSix, No im not a dev and never will be. Im just over-enthousiastic about the game.

About the bugs, yes there were many, but last patch got many of them gone. Im still finding some, but hey, its early acces. I had my game crash twice today and reported them in the bug report. Most of the complaints have been (partly) solved since the last update but they wont balance the game becouse they still add stuff and want to balance in one giant step to save doing all the extra work. 

The progress ive seen so far is amazing, the devs are really kind and listen very well to the community. I predict this game has a great future.

im kinda aroused (seen ya play it) and i like the idea of a disease riddled occupation to have some fun on - not rly read into the title at all,i just have this imagination in my head and i already dont care what it takes me to ...

That being said,hand me a (beta)key so i might give this a try!

1248236361460179.jpeg

edit

having checked the webbie of theirs,the "unique fight system" is a thing that reminds me totally to Chivalry - Medieval Warfare which i sunk a few 1000s of hours too and admin´d a Duell Server for it - which was a total destruction of new players due to the fact you needed to spend 100s of hours in practicing glitches/advanced attacks to perform vs anyone that regualry played that game ...

To offtopic to be specific on this - but how is the MP part of the performing?

BambiHunters?

I used to play a lot of early access, especially survival games. But feel a bit burned by them never being released. Stranded deep was a game I sank a lot of time in, but it just can't keep me going anymore. I won't go into details about how bad it is that Dayz is still alpha. 

I'd love to try this, but the gamble of paying for it is too high. I'd accept a key happily though. 

On 8-10-2016 at 7:46 PM, TheScar said:

To offtopic to be specific on this - but how is the MP part of the performing?

A Itsy bitsy glitchy bugsy. Just killed a thief yesterday but dont ask me how, i was lucksy. Game needs balancing a lot, but lets say it keeps things...interesting.

• 2 months later...

OK, here we go...

Plz, for those who havent, add me as friend on steam so i can gift it all at once. It would be nice to get it sorted before christmas. You can un-friend me after if you want: @ZeroZeroSix , @Gamerbug , @Colsta & @SkullCollector ...and if youre quick and havent signed up, first comes first gets so respond quick, were not on the 10 yet...!

16 minutes ago, PiranhA said:

OK, here we go...

Plz, for those who havent, add me as friend on steam so i can gift it all at once. It would be nice to get it sorted before christmas. You can un-friend me after if you want: @ZeroZeroSix , @Gamerbug , @Colsta & @SkullCollector ...and if youre quick and havent signed up, first comes first gets so respond quick, were not on the 10 yet...!

Awesome, steam ID is the same as your forum ID here?

6 hours ago, Gamerbug said:

There are a lot of PiranhA's on steam no idea which is you.

Yes, we live in packs together. I found you quite easy and send the invite. 

If @ZeroZeroSix still has interest in the game, plz respond asap by steam or on this post if you dont really want the game. Everybody else is ready so the waiting is for you.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, PiranhA said:

Done, 

I hope you enjoy this game and write a positive review. See you soon on one of the servers i hope.

PiranhA

Hope to have a go on friday night, got an evening to myself so can have a good session getting to grips with it.

Thanks for the copy, much appreciated.

Oh and I'll more than likely do a few videos.

Played it for two hours so far. It has a lot of potential, but both the server lag and the FPS drops should be their top priority.

There's a distinct lack of players as well, at least when I played it.

I can see it becoming a good game, after a lot of work is put into it.

On 11/01/2017 at 5:17 PM, Colsta said:

Played it for two hours so far. It has a lot of potential, but both the server lag and the FPS drops should be their top priority.

There's a distinct lack of players as well, at least when I played it.

I can see it becoming a good game, after a lot of work is put into it.

Ironically I found 2 players almost straight away, one interacted with me and we did some trading.

I've made a few videos I'm going to be editing up and posting on my YT channel, but so far I would say it's very, very, very early access. Lag can be insane and the NPCs appear to teleport around in an insae fashion. Combat is very clunky, and seems to favour the teleporting bad guys.

Inventory management needs work, but it has been  fun whilst exploring.