OBS problems

Stanhope

Yesterday i was recording whilst i was playing on eu1 with OBS.  When i stopped playing, stopped the recording and started to review the footage i saw something strange.  OBS only captured my map.  And this only in real time when i was ingame in my map.  Whenever i wansnt in my map ingame it recorded a screenshot of my map of when i closed it.  The weird thing, the audio was recorded correctly.  (Does this make any sense or should i upload a clip from the recording?)

Does anyone know what caused this or what i should do to fix it?

Information that might be relevant:

My specs:

intel core i5-5200U

8GB ram (DD3L)

NVIDIA GeForce 940M (4 GB dedicated VRAM)

My video settings ingame:

everything on low (or off), with view distance off +/- 2000m

OBS settings:  Havnt changed any of them since the instal

I've had that once when I went to the map, all I got was map footage but the correct sound, then later on in the recording it finally went back to the main game, footage was ruined though.

Trust me I've had lots of issues with OBS, (but all are sorted now), including it resetting my settings randomly, not recording the chosen sounds, and it recording nothing but blackness.

My main issue was that I was running, by default, the 32 bit version on my 64 bit OS, beause the default shortcut it gives you is 32 bit (it apparently installs both).

There are good setup guides out there, and you probably need to change a few of the default options.

We'd need to see your OBS settings more than your pc settings.

Of course it might just be a one off bug (which I think it might have been for me, more a case of Arma being a dick than OBS)

So turns out i was running the 32 bit version on a 64 bit system.  

For the obs settings (i couldnt change my obs to english so some translations might be different):

record quality: same as with streaming

streaming settings (simple):

video bitrate: 2000

encoder: software x264

audio bitrate: 64

encodingsettings:  superfast

I'll look on youtube for some tutorial on how to tweak your settings.  (If someone knows a good tutorial feel free to share)

The main OBS site has a good multi step video tutorial.

Jack Frags has a decent one for recording, he doesn't touch on streaming. 

I play at 1440p, record at 1080p, stream (rarely) at 720p. If you play and record at 1080p its simple, otherwise you need to fiddle with advanced settings. Also make sure you set game audio and mic audio as separate tracks; makes life so much easier when editing. 

So obs seems to be trolling me.  

I changed my settings up and most of the time it records everything perfectly.  The only time it doesnt record properly is when: someone is shooting a 30mm at me, when i try to get some footage of an !d!ot trolling around at base in a pilot slot, ... 

These are the setting i'm using at the moment:

Output:

recording:

recording quality same as stream

recording format MP4

Streaming:

video bitrate 2000

encoder software x264

audio bitrate 160

video:

base resolution: 1366x769

output resolution: 1092x614

downscale filter: bicubic

fps: 30

Anyone know how i can tweak it to record properly? (It doesnt have to be in high quality, if you can read the chat it's good enough)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if I am over riding this thread but I am having some problems with OBS as well. Just wondering if anyone had encountered using the latest version of OBS (0.16.2) and video capturing arma 3. I installed OBS fairly recently and noticed that all my video game footage shows only a black screen but the audio is ok. I tried OBS with CSGO and it worked fine only whilst using it with arma 3, specifically running it through arma Sync and playing on EU 3.

Here are my presets on the application:

Using the most recent OBS (version 0.16.2/windows)

Scenes: Scene 1

Sources: Game Capture

With "Capture Cursor" and "Use anti-cheat compatibility hook" options checked on the box.

General Settings:

Source Alignment Snapping: Enabled

Snap Sources to edge of screen: checked

Snap Sources to other resources: checked

I already seek answers online but to no avail due to the OBS version used were old versions

I dont know if this will help you but this is how i soved my problems:

I was running the 32 bit version on a 64 bit system, changed that.

Downgraded video quality (I don't inted to put it on YT it's just to have some evidence of TKers).

I'm also using screencapture and not gamecapture because I never got that to work.

In OBS I believe there is a setting called anti cheat something or other, enable that and it should work properly in Arma, it's a battleeye thing that prevents it from working at first in game capture mode

Sent from my Nexus 6 using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anybody tried using virtual audio cable like VB-Audio?

I realise that for the chat to be recorded, I need to put my mic in the same audio track as stated by @Vlk.

Edit:

Tried to make 3 separate audios; in-game, TS and microphone. Been failing so far using the VB-Audio and Voice Meeter softwares.

Edit 2:

Will try sticking with the standard audio and using these settings...

Edit 3:

Found a video that is able to marry OBS, VB-Audio and Voice Meeter

Edited by fir_nev
Content

On 2016-10-27 at 2:47 AM, Eddie said:

Sorry if I am over riding this thread but I am having some problems with OBS as well. Just wondering if anyone had encountered using the latest version of OBS (0.16.2) and video capturing arma 3. I installed OBS fairly recently and noticed that all my video game footage shows only a black screen but the audio is ok. I tried OBS with CSGO and it worked fine only whilst using it with arma 3, specifically running it through arma Sync and playing on EU 3.

Here are my presets on the application:

Using the most recent OBS (version 0.16.2/windows)

Scenes: Scene 1

Sources: Game Capture

With "Capture Cursor" and "Use anti-cheat compatibility hook" options checked on the box.

General Settings:

Source Alignment Snapping: Enabled

Snap Sources to edge of screen: checked

Snap Sources to other resources: checked

I already seek answers online but to no avail due to the OBS version used were old versions

Is it possible you forgot to run OBS as admin?

On 2017-5-5 at 1:05 AM, fir_nev said:

It works as 3 separate audios. Now, my Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 is unable to include the other 2 tracks... :hmmm-min:

Late to the party but yeah I have the same split audio options, so as you have found out, it works fine.

In OBS make sure you have the Mixer to only have track 1/2/3 selected (one tick in each by default it ticks all 6). If for any reason you unplug any device, it will auto tick all 6 again and all tracks will record over each other.

Some editing programs have trouble with multiple tracks, depends what you are recording them as. I use mp4.

Untitled.png

2 hours ago, GamerbugUK said:

Some editing programs have trouble with multiple tracks, depends what you are recording them as. I use mp4.

Untitled.png

Exactly! I have done what U did as advised in the video in my Edit 3. I was able to listen to individual tracks using MPC-HC but I am unable to expand all audio tracks on Adobe Premiere CS5. Ur Sony Vegas is able to identify all tracks, right?

4 minutes ago, fir_nev said:

Exactly! I have done what U did as advised in the video in my Edit 3. I was able to listen to individual tracks using MPC-HC but I am unable to expand all audio tracks on Adobe Premiere CS5. Ur Sony Vegas is able to identify all tracks, right?

Yeah Vegas has no issues with multiple tracks. Not used Adobe for editing personally, so cannot help there.

53 minutes ago, Karate Pyjamas said:

I run OBS with VoiceMeeter Banana, VB-audio, reaFIR and reaCOMP. Works like a charm.

What video editing software are U using? Adobe Premiere is unable to expand the multiple audio tracks. I see people always displaying the audio tracks in Sony Vegas.