Project Horde. Map in the works.

bludclot

Hello guys.. Long time no shoot. I've been busy working on this map instead of playing for the last few months.

Thought it about time I show you guys what is up.

BI forums thread:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191222-arctic-circle-map-project-horde/

My youtube: (go sub if you want early access or wish to help out)

https://www.youtube.com/user/murdercrowawdio

Dev blog with all information collected in one place:

https://horde.wordpress.com/

The map is 1600km2 and this video only shows a tiny portion of it. Check out the other videos on my youtube to see more of it and what to expect.

Out. B.

25 minutes ago, Lone said:

Interesting music choice, but cool looking map.

The music was made in the late 90s by a friend of mine using fasttracker in msdos.

I use Norwegian music in all the videos. Because I'm old and stuck two decades ago ;)

17 minutes ago, kennychr said:

JÆÆÆVLA KULT!

F***ing awsome work man so far =) 

Send meg en privat msg med steam details hvis du vil være med..

1 hour ago, Ryko said:

Great looking map. How big is the pbo right now? Australia is also 40km x 40km and it's 968MB.

Thanks. The pbo is 670mb. I recently removed almost 2 million trees because I wasn't happy with them. It was in the 900s.

4 hours ago, duffyman said:

Looks great would amzing driving a convoy though those tunnels and getting ambushed   

Thanks. AI don't work in the "underground" things. They are more like bases and stuff for players. I have tried almost everything to get AI to drive on roads with tunnels built over them but they just refuse to go inside.

There are hundreds of places to get ambushed though :o)

10 hours ago, bludclot said:

Thanks. AI don't work in the "underground" things. They are more like bases and stuff for players. I have tried almost everything to get AI to drive on roads with tunnels built over them but they just refuse to go inside.

There are hundreds of places to get ambushed though :o)

I was thinking the same as @duffyman, but also what kind of hell it must be for a Zeus (or mission maker) to manually add units there.

As for the AI in tunnels; at the BIS forums I noticed that there is a way to make AI workable.

What they did was creating the world where the "underground" (or tunnels) was actually at ground level, and then placed a fake roof on it (which then could be used to place object on) or adding an enterable object in the (partial) shape of a mountain/hill.

It does give some other issues (like altitude meters will show the height till "ground level", which is underground, and road placement might be bugged).

But for now I think it's more than enough to have a first release of a great new map!!!

And hopefully BI will add full support of underground structures to the AI in the (near) future.

Keep up the good work!

Well that is how the underground bits are made here. Same way as Tanoa pretty much.

Maybe one day they will give us the tech from VBS that lets them make holes in the ground mesh..

Honestly it wouldn't be too hard for a zeus to add units there.. just pop the camera in. and place them. The only problem is if they walk around they pretty much ignore most of the rocks. It works fine if you 

do this: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/162096-how-to-make-the-ai-hold-position/

• 5 weeks later...