New plugins

sam_86314

Question

Here are some plugins that could be added. I dont know their names, but I can describe what they do:

There is a plugin that does what the timber mod does; it lets you chop entire trees by destryig one block.

Lockette would be a good one if players want to have storage areas outside their claims.

There is another plugin that automatically plants a sapling after a tree is chopped.

Hope to see these added!

15 answers to this question

There is a plugin that does what the timber mod does; it lets you chop entire trees by destryig one block.

This is currently available right now to Ahoy+ Subscribers! If you're a subscriber, this works right off the bat. :)

Lockette would be a good one if players want to have storage areas outside their claims.

We had LWC Chest Protection enabled on the server for a while, but I think the preferred method is to have only one claim-based plugin enabled. I quite like the idea that you only have one safe place (or more if you claim more land). My advice would be that, if you'd like a forward operating post of sorts, you could use a Golden Shovel to claim some land where you'd like it to be.

Everything's in flux at the moment, though, so if this is in high demand we will implement it.

There is another plugin that automatically plants a sapling after a tree is chopped.

This one sounds quite interesting and would at least ensure that forests stay alive! With plugins putting a lot of stress on the server, however, I'd prefer to stay away from singular mods and instead go for packages in which we can utilise many features. I'll keep an eye out for this kind of thing.

What qualifies as a subscriber?

A 'subscriber' is someone who subscribes to our Ahoy+ service. We survive purely from these equivalents of donations and make sure that people who pay are well rewarded for it!

Currently, Ahoy+ Subscribers get double Ahoy Coins for all actions, and get discounts on items in the store, as well as numerous little plugin perks and access to all of our challenging-but-rewarding gauntlets. We're constantly working on new ways to offer benefits.

You can spot Ahoy+ Subscribers here on the forums by their custom background images on each post and the Donator banner up in the top left. They'll also have a blue + after their name both here and in-game.

Here are some plugins that could be added. I dont know their names, but I can describe what they do: There is a plugin that does what the timber mod does; it lets you chop entire trees by destryig one block. Lockette would be a good one if players want to have storage areas outside their claims. There is another plugin that automatically plants a sapling after a tree is chopped. Hope to see these added!

The plugin your refering to that automatically plants saplings after trees is a "Ram Whore" tried it out on my old server and well people were chopping down hole forests.  Although the other part of that plugin is that trees die.  When they die the wood disappears and the saplings get dropped down.  Saplings left on the ground in this mod automatically get planted and eventually become trees.  We had it for a day before we got rid of the thing because it was fine like fine on our test server... but on the actually server we had at the time which was a 16GB server we were getting constant crashes and lag spikes and you could see it was the cycle of tree death and replanting.... Just dont be so lazy and replace your saplings. :D

The first part though "lets you chop entire trees by destryig one block" That plugin is called tree feller* its actually fair decent... but it is very lazy... lets keep this experience as much about survival as possible.

What qualifies as a subscriber?

Here, I tried to make a plugin that automatically plants saplings. I have no idea if it works.

I would love to look at your plugin if you posted a link to it mate :)

I was thinking about trying to make  tree's a little more automatic, such as once per day they drop an apple and sapling. I feel this would create a player feeling that they had to replant them and had a little self generating food with very little effort. 

As for ram usage I'm not sure how heavy that would be considering it would have a process running for every tree almost but it would be damn useful.