My problem with EU 1

Kyle Clements

Now I love I&A and AhoyWorld. I think they are great. But I have a problem with EU 1. Now I am a fan of Altis (and Stratis but that isn't an AhoyWorld server for some reason, if someone could give me a reason that would be fantastic) and that's why I play more on EU 1 than EU 2. But I am encountering a problem that has become much more prominent over the time of me playing and that problem is the spawn.

It is becoming a common occurrence for me to get into the server, pick my role and then wait for it to load. But as I am loading, my game crashes. And if I get into the server. I get a framerate of 10-5 in the spawn as there are so many people in such a small space, and then crash. Its not my computer as that can run very well on some very populated missions. So what is it? My conclusion is that, as I have said, the spawn is really to small for 40+ people to be crowding on 1 kiosk making their loadout. Another thing that is bugging me is the amount of trolls. 2/3 times of me joining there is somebody being an idiot and firing their gun or doing stupid tricks in the helicopter. All of this contributes to the lag. I have no idea what to do about this, I really like playing on I&A but these issues are really trying my patience. RANT OVER.

With the trolls situation the only logic advice out there is to call an admin or simply using the players name and reporting it on the forums so they can monitor the situation. I had the same problem you did before btw and I can easily verify that it's not your computer doing it. Because I know for certain mine wouldn't just crash on it's own accord, it must be some issue with the server. 

Either way I hope you find the solution to your problem.

Trolls and fps problems are two different things.

Trolls on the one hand are preventable and are being sorted out by admins so you could say that its an AW sided thing to do. Bad admins, more trolls. Good admins, no trolls.

The fps thing is a bit different tho. The fps drops and the game crashes sound like its a user sided problem so unfortunately there is nothing AW could do to prevent that especially considering the fact that you seem to be the only case. Maybe you could reduce your settings a bit? Is this only happening on the AW multiplayer server or are there other servers where you encounter this problem too?

Trolls and fps problems are two different things.

Trolls on the one hand are preventable and are being sorted out by admins so you could say that its an AW sided thing to do. Bad admins, more trolls. Good admins, no trolls.

The fps thing is a bit different tho. The fps drops and the game crashes sound like its a user sided problem so unfortunately there is nothing AW could do to prevent that especially considering the fact that you seem to be the only case. Maybe you could reduce your settings a bit? Is this only happening on the AW multiplayer server or are there other servers where you encounter this problem too?

Let's not go all in and say "bad admins", there are a huge amount of factors that affect whether there are trolls around or not.

Sent from my SM-G920F using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

18 minutes ago, David said:

Let's not go all in and say "bad admins", there are a huge amount of factors that affect whether there are trolls around or not.

Oh nononono. Thats not what I wanted to say at all, sorry.

I just wanted to make clear that trolls are not a problem a regular user can fix on a server. Personally I have yet to meet a serious troll on AW as they usually get banned/kicked very quickly.

57 minutes ago, David said:

Sent from my SM-G920F using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

To be honest it's not the admins fault. I mean you'll get trolls and assholes on every game/server you play on if anything it's really common. Everytime I've come across an idiot who'll teamkill on purpose, admins have always responded too me faster than anticipated.

Besides most of the trolls come on late at night, that's what I've noticed over the last few days.

Oh and by the way, decent phone you have lol I had that before :).

On 28.7.2016 at 8:32 PM, Kyle Clements said:

I will try, though they aren't that extreme. Maybe its just a case of my computer being a derp sometimes :P 

Maybe a stupid tip but what I always do to reduce lag at the beginning or under the game "Alt+Tab" out of the game, close the launcher (you dont have to close the launcher) and get back in.

I could swear it improves my performance :)

aaand a friend of my told me to use "malloc" memory mod, I used it for a long time and it could improve your fps!

There are a couple things known by me.

Server performance is highly effected by the amount of players on the server and the amount of scripts that are running on the server. 

The ahoy servers are hit hard cause of all the active scripts that are run. Also keep in mind that most of this is for the users experience, Less scripts means that more work is needed by an active admin/spartan. The thing with this is, you can't have a person active on the servers 24/7 so the scripts need to be there to spawn in the missions, clean them up, re spawn vehicles  and so on.  

Yes, i do think the ahoy servers could use some better optimization. (just me thinking this is the main cause of the problems.) 

And last, the busier the servers are the entire day the more resources from the server are needed. (Fix for this might be more restarts let's say one every 2 to 4 hours) 

All stated above is how i know it used to work. This might not be the case anymore. 

The ahoy staff is always trying to improve the servers

@Cookiedemon1004: Some of those performance options are dependent on your CPU. You should not recomend them to somebody without knowing which CPU (how many cores and threads) he might be using.

HERE you can read more about start-up parameters

@Kyle Clements: If you need some specific help with performance you should include your system specs. If this was just a rant ignore me :)

@Cebi I'm aware of this. If you notice I didn't state that he should use those options, I was just showing him they were there and that he would need to use his own system specs when inputting them. I am slightly conscientious of the things I post for people. Though I apologize if I made it seem any other way.