Russian's on EU3

So I guess I didn't get the memo but why do we never play as Russians on EU3 again?

It was a good change of pace, the Russians hosted a COMPLETELY different play style compared to that of NATO and that was the main thing I enjoyed, the extra challenge, perhaps that's why we stopped playing, people found it too hard?

At the end of the day, as long as your aware of the Russian's different fighting style and you incorporate the correct tactics, they are an absolute blast, AK-74's have always been a classical favorite for me, simple yet extremely deadly and efficient, and ideology that I just love about the Russians.

Perhaps we could get them back into the mission rotation should it not be too much of a hassle, hell, I'd also LOVE to see a Gauntlet variant where we play as Guerrilla's, that would work pretty well and would be a fun challenge also.

Just food for thought. :)

53 minutes ago, Origins said:

I find this rather humourous, the option is there for you guys, all you need to do is ask a mod/admin on the server at the time to change our over if all of you guys want it :P

Really!? Fuck sake the community is really boring if it's gotten to the point where people have forgotten we have it.

24 minutes ago, Minipily said:

Really!? Fuck sake the community is really boring if it's gotten to the point where people have forgotten we have it.

No one has ever asked, or even seen it I don't think. All you have to ask someone to change it :D

AS far as I can remember only one player has EVER asked me to change the Blufor faction to russian and that was outside peak time.

I would love to play it again but listening to CONSTANT cyka blyat and horrible imitations of a russian accent, I wont be changing the blufor faction to russian. If I ever do I reserve the right to kick ppl for fucking around right on the spot.

I vote against playing the russians. I can´t stand their crappy scopes, no ability to zero in the RPG-7 and the iron sights on the smaller rocket launcher for the riflemen. Plus today i was playing on fallujah and the Americans ambient AI spawns in with the Abrams MBT which is a real pain in ze butt.

1 hour ago, Slugg087 said:

I vote against playing the russians. I can´t stand their crappy scopes, no ability to zero in the RPG-7 and the iron sights on the smaller rocket launcher for the riflemen. Plus today i was playing on fallujah and the Americans ambient AI spawns in with the Abrams MBT which is a real pain in ze butt.

The PSO-1 is one of the best squad level marksmen scopes I've ever used, the stadiametric rangefinder is a godsend when you need to return accurate fire quickly.

The RPG scope is difficult at first but there's a guide floating around on steam that explains it perfectly.

As for the light AT, use your swap optics button and you switch from the block sight up top to a rangeable sight, admittedly that sight is difficult to use quickly as you can lose sight picture very easily but it allows for a decent range, 250-300m if memory serves.

For combating the M1, use the RPG with the tandem heat warheads, their range is limited but they will mess the tank up.

All in all, don't just give up on playing russians, learn how to use their equipment effectively and it can be tremendous fun

At this point I think I enjoy playing the Russians more than NATO, mostly because of the little differences in style and method. And also because their medic has that adorable little pouch for his stuff, so cute.

It takes a while to get used to the AK line-up, and it's harder to discern gun fire by sound because insurgents use AKs as well. 'Bad optics' will quickly become irrelevant once you get used to using iron sights, and there's always the amazing PK-AS or 1P63. But iron sights are love.

The little things are what set Russians apart, like stadiametric rangefinding or different, non-NATO calibre guns. They appear less versatile, but are much more effective at what they can do; as far as I can tell anyway.

When we play NATO, I feel like some kind of operator spec-ops elite unit, whereas Russians seem like regular old forces. What I'd like to see is more mechanisation, though. BMP OP, but the BTR-80A with its 30 mm is just so sexy.

1 hour ago, Pancake said:

For combating the M1, use the RPG with the tandem heat warheads, their range is limited but they will mess the tank up.

To be fair, yesterday Smiley shot THREE tandem rounds to the side of a flipped M1 and it didn't even scratch it.

Otherwise, I agree with Skull. It's a nice change of pace. New equipment, new uniforms, gorgeous camo.

Besides, there's nothing to vote at, per se. It's just a mission parameter that can be changed.

As for the difficulty with the russian scopes I think the rhs AK's offer versions compatible with western standards. Maybe not whitelisted in the Arsenal? 

They are definitely aviable in my local virtual Arsenal. 

7 minutes ago, Mascant said:

As for the difficulty with the russian scopes I think the rhs AK's offer versions compatible with western standards. Maybe not whitelisted in the Arsenal? 

They are definitely aviable in my local virtual Arsenal. 

They're not whitelisted AFAIK.

Flying the Russian helicopters was a fun experience yesterday, heavy piece of soviet machinery loaded with extremely heavy firepower. Some of the Russian helicopters felt a little outdated like the WWII style gun sight in the Mi-24G gunner position, the gameplay do feel a bit more challenging without all the fancy stuff our Western armies have.

10/10 would fly the Alligator again and get shot down twice in a row by an Abrams main cannon.