ArmaSync help

So I updated java the other day and now when I try to start ArmaSync It gives me this error. also sorry for the 2 screens idk how to only grab a photo of one. But if you can't read it it says  "The Registry refers to a nonexistent Jave Runtime Environment installation or the runtime is corrupted" "the system cannot find the file specified"

armasync error.png

I presume you've tried rei stalling java and/or arma3sync? I had crazy issues when I updated java before so I can't say I'm surprised. If there's a repair option or directories option I'd try them. Also you can press alt print screen and it will only send the window in focus to your clipboard :)

Seems you're not the only one with this problem.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/152942-arma3sync-launcher-and-addons-synchronization-software-for-arma-3/?p=3068095

Looks like it's a Java issue, where it doesn't update, but simply installs the new(er) version next to the old one. And because of this applications might be confused which one to use and break.

What you could try to do (C&P-ed from BIS forum):

1. Uninstall all version of Java JRE you may have.

2. Clean registry  using tool like CCleaner (free)

3. Re-install the last version of Java JRE.

Otherwise you could post your issue at the BIS forum topic, which (should be) is followed by the developer(s) of A3Sync.

This is way easier to fix (if you want a cheap lazy fix) than what it seems.

The problem with Sync is that it needs to find the file directory C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_65. However, when I looked into this issue, all I had in that directory was a jre1.8.0_101 and jre1.8.0_60. So, all I did was just copy the _101, and renamed it jre1.8.0_65. Sync booted right up without a problem after that and has not repeated the issue.

Do not copy the _60 folder, as that does not have all the required files; only _101 will.

If you haven't resolved the issue, I hope this helps.

38 minutes ago, ShadowAce11 said:

This is way easier to fix (if you want a cheap lazy fix) than what it seems.

The problem with Sync is that it needs to find the file directory C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_65. However, when I looked into this issue, all I had in that directory was a jre1.8.0_101 and jre1.8.0_60. So, all I did was just copy the _101, and renamed it jre1.8.0_65. Sync booted right up without a problem after that and has not repeated the issue.

Do not copy the _60 folder, as that does not have all the required files; only _101 will.

If you haven't resolved the issue, I hope this helps.

Bloody computers!