Selling

sam_86314

Question

11 answers to this question

Aye that's a good idea, Sam! We've got that planned but need to get all the basic functionality of the shop down first. When we do implement that feature, however, there's one of two ways we can do it.

1. We allow users to sell Minecraft items for a percentage of the price on the store. Every item available for purchase can be sold back.
  2. We allow users to sell Emeralds (and maybe Diamonds) back to the shop. These can generate fixed amount of Ahoy Coins per piece and allow users to want to find specific items to generate Ahoy Coins.

I'm more in favour of option two, as it gives players more of a focus and the generation of Ahoy Coins becomes a nice, simple affair of posting and retrieving a single item in-game.

Or were you thinking of a giant auction house where players could trade with eachother? :)

I'm in favour for both options, the more valuable stuff should come at a higher price as suggested in option 2 but the flexibility of option 1. excluding stuff like stacks of cobblestone but including stuff like cake, iron pickaxe, gold and so on.

I say this because as we are now in hard mode it is terrifying to go mining so any fruits should be rewarded.

In any case, we'll be working on this system once the rest of the site is in a near-finished state. Me and Jamie have been mocking up plans for such things as player-to-site and player-to-player trading, though the details are still fuzzy.

I do encourage you to keep thinking on and discussing this topic as it will help later down the line when we come to implementing it, but I wouldn't expect it for at least another month.

Selling on the website isn't a feature likely to get added anytime soon.

Its a very complicated system to go back the other way and would also have the issue of Coin Farming so we are going about it very carefully.  Also we currently arn't developing any addictions to the Ahoy Coin pluggin for MC except in regards to bug fixes.

Not a problem, thank you for lighting the fire under my arse! :P

In regards to selling you may not be able to sell them for Ahoy Coins but is there anything you might like to do with them in game?  (obv build) but, do you think there is anything more we could add?