Lirus ban appeal discussion

Josh

50 minutes ago, kman said:

This thing about luring people to other communities honestly seems little paranoid.
It's not like we are MMORPG hardcore raiding guild, freaking about losing key player(s) in middle of progress.

Been there, done that + all the Dramas, Ragequits & Flamewars™. I'm almost crying with nostalgia (almost).

PS:
I would speak for giving Liru some leeway about his ban appeal post. He wrote it shortly after ban and was clearly angry (who wouldn't).
Crucifying him over it is child's play, but also perhaps opportunity to be magnanimous.

We're not paranoid, it's about it being a complete dick move. You can't blame us for retaliating if we didn't fire the first shot. 

TL:DR -
Some people knowingly did wrong and got what they deserved, but let's not shaft Liru because of those people.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full Content -

As Shadow explained on TS, the Server name was an oversight.
It had originally been created to test Mission files etc and was not intended to be used with the title as shown.

I am a part of the other community and have spoken with the Staff here also, and am fully in suppport of them banning people for blatant subversion of rules.

However, in regard to Liru, I believe the actions were a little rash.
Liru had no intention of 'luring' (lets use this term, it removes confusion) people away. He simply created a Mission for people to enjoy.

A former AW Staff member chose, stupidly, to post the website address for 'our' community which in both my eyes and the eyes of AW staff was the wrong thing to do.

I will not step up and defend those people who were banned for their own actions, they deserved it and are not likely to care.
I WILL STEP UP AND ASK THAT LIRU NOT BE TREATED AS THE GUILTY PARTY BY PROXY/ASSOCIATION.

I see Liru as an enthusiastic individual who spent his time to create content for others in this community to enjoy. In my eyes, his ban in the middle of a sentence during debriefing was a very rude thing to do considering all he did was that he created and Zeused mission which was organised through AW forum and TS and hosted on the private server and failed to kick the guy who advertised through side chat (i don't think it was in his power to do so). I tried to google server name provided by David and failed to find anything more than a dead steam site and a server tracker.

@PiranhA: Sometimes simple things like empathy works too and is less time consuming than walking :). Just try to slip into Liru's shoes for a minute.

As always: Sorry for my English

I see Liru as an enthusiastic individual who spent his time to create content for others in this community to enjoy. In my eyes, his ban in the middle of a sentence during debriefing was a very rude thing to do considering all he did was that he created and Zeused mission which was organised through AW forum and TS and hosted on the private server and failed to kick the guy who advertised through side chat (i don't think it was in his power to do so). I tried to google server name provided by David and failed to find anything more than a dead steam site and a server tracker.

@PiranhA: Sometimes simple things like empathy works too and is less time consuming than walking :). Just try to slip into Liru's shoes for a minute.

As always: Sorry for my English

As I previously said there was a miscommunication when we were applying the ban, we intended to talk to them first. As for the server name, that was clearly linked without a doubt with the other community, punching an acronym into google isn't going to find it but I'm not going to post it here for obvious reasons. We are currently working through the ban appeal in private because unfortunately some people are unable to act like adults.

10 minutes ago, David said:

As I previously said there was a miscommunication when we were applying the ban, we intended to talk to them first.

I think this is what annoyed a fair few users on the Teamspeak at the time, and to be honest, I can understand why.

As for the server name, that was clearly linked without a doubt with the other community, punching an acronym into google isn't going to find it but I'm not going to post it here for obvious reasons.

As others have said, thats not being disputed. Someone associated with it, as we spoke about at the time, posted it in side chat, unknown to the server admins, or to Liru (who, was at that point in time, running around as a CSAT soldier), and its entirely plausible that he may not have seen this, despite being in Zeus and able to see everything.

We are currently working through the ban appeal in private because unfortunately some people are unable to act like adults.

Again, emotions were running high for a fair few people, on both sides of the argument. I think theres still some people who are trying to stir up ill feeling, but a private appeal discussion is the best way forward (I thought this was the way in which they were done most of the time). 

Once that happened there's no way to undo it, we couldn't simply remove the ban and invite them back.

As I have made quite clear before but I'll say it again, Liru did not receive a ban for anything that happened on the server despite what he or others want to believe, it was purely directing people to the other community server without our knowledge. John McClane was banned for advertising in the server in what was apparently an AW event for AW members. The circumstances of his departure we now discover he was less than truthful about.

19 minutes ago, David said:

Once that happened there's no way to undo it, we couldn't simply remove the ban and invite them back.

I can understand that as I said, it just annoyed a few people.

As I have made quite clear before but I'll say it again, Liru did not receive a ban for anything that happened on the server despite what he or others want to believe, it was purely directing people to the other community server without our knowledge. John McClane was banned for advertising in the server in what was apparently an AW event for AW members. The circumstances of his departure we now discover he was less than truthful about.

I understand Lirus ban, and the reasons behind it. I was only making you aware of the circumstances that happened on Sunday night that I knew of. 

As for the other one, I did have it explained to me the exact reasons why he departed AW a few weeks ago. Its not my place to discus that, and at the same time, that was the decision of admin and management. His ban for advertising is understandable.

22 hours ago, Cebi said:

@PiranhA: Sometimes simple things like empathy works too and is less time consuming than walking :). Just try to slip into Liru's shoes for a minute

Oh @Cebi ... i think you didnt understand me. Taking a walk is one of the best things you can do if youre pissed off in my opinion. The longer you think things over, the better they'll be once you start with them. Ofcourse he didnt like getting banned and if he did everything with the best intentions, ... i can understand he is very pissed.

@PiranhA: Maybe I did not understand you properly. It sounded to me like (as we say) you are offering a warm coat to a frozen corpse. Your advice came across as arrogant to my foreign ears. That must be my mistake because I don't perceive you as an arrogant person :).

I have some good news!!!

If you guys haven't noticed it yet. The great @Liru the Lcpl. is saved. 

Now we can put these recent events behind us and continue our daily killing of CSAT and saving the civilians of Tanoa and Altis. 

Spoiler

After review all the posts on the forum and PMs, I`ve made my decission that the ban will be reduced and will be lifted today around midnight / 24.00 BST.

Liru has been informed about this decission via PM as well, with all the details.

Pero

Community Referee

@Liru the Lcpl., I hope to see you on the battlefield!

*yawn* wut happened?

(jokes aside)

I didn't realize I had this many friends here, and although I was a bit pissed when the spamming started to happen on the ban appeal, I appreciate that this thread was created and received so much attention. It means a lot guys, thanks.

Always keep it civil guys, and remember to operate operationally.

And on a final note, I still went along with Black Jacket and Saving Private Brandenburg, so I'll have some other events up soon. I still have to speak to a few admins here on TS before I can really do anything, so hopefully we can all get back on schedule sooner or later.

Operate Operationally Ladies and Gentlemen.

-Liru

• 1 month later...
On 27-7-2016 at 11:54 AM, PiranhA said:

Oh @Cebi ... i think you didnt understand me. Taking a walk is one of the best things you can do if youre pissed off in my opinion. The longer you think things over, the better they'll be once you start with them. Ofcourse he didnt like getting banned and if he did everything with the best intentions, ... i can understand he is very pissed.

I noticed this kicking off a while ago, and i agree with you PiranhA that walking away is the best action at that time, even if its just a few hours to cool off and get your head cleared.

That said i would say writing down what is in your mind at that time, and then revisiting that later can be usefull. Some details tend to fade fast, especialy when anger is involved.

I hope the admins and community can both come to a concensus on the matter and atleast find common ground. As i was neither present during all of this, nor have any knowledge of the exact happenings of that day, i just hope this will be solved peacefuly.

Regards, Dakim

Edit:

forgot to read the last 2 post so, my bads, but still lets hope we all draw some lessons from what happened, and stick together as a community.