Meetup Wrap up!

David

As you're most likely aware we had our very first public AhoyWorld meetup last weekend, myself, @Bloo Flar3@Dingo, @Gamerhero, @PiranhA attended with @Eagle-Eye arriving Saturday evening for Sunday. We had an awesome time both on Saturday and Sunday with Go-karting and Airsoft. We all arrived on Friday and had a tour of the park before collecting keys to the bungalow at 3, we ended up with a really nice spot overlooking the water.

View from the restaurant, there's a little ferry that goes over to the other side for €1, a really nice little village with some more nice restaurants.

20160715_125329.jpg

Here's our bungalow, it's not much to look at from the outside but inside it was really nice and surprisingly spacious.

Copy of 20160715_153136.jpg

Copy of 20160715_220041.jpgCopy of 20160715_155214.jpgCopy of 20160715_155246.jpg

Copy of 20160715_155146.jpgCopy of 20160715_155140.jpgCopy of 20160715_152520.jpg

For go-karting we didn't have enough people to make a race out of it so we all had two sets of 24 minutes to set our fastest times, although it wasn't a race it was still really great fun trying to catch each other. The fastest times ended with Dingo in 1st with a time of 43.27, myself just 0.08 seconds behind with 43.35, Gamerhero with 43.95, Piranha with 44.34 and Blooflar3 with 44.85. The track was indoor but made great use of the space with a modest upper section ending in a long banking turn. There are plenty of videos of this place on youtube. Huge amount of fun!

20160716_153007.jpg

20160716_153011.jpg

After the Saturday go karting we headed back to the park, ate and waited for Eagle-Eye to arrive after a 4 hour drive a long work day. We went out the next morning for a long day of airsoft playing multiple different games throughout the day, very tiring but a huge amount of fun. Having only played airsoft in woodland before and with 0.20g BBs I'd been saying airsoft doesn't hurt, well this was CQB and using 0.25g BBs, Dingo came out looking like he had chicken pox. :ph34r: Despite that it was still great fun. Here's a few pictures from the day: https://www.facebook.com/chapterfourairsoft/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1734571990138563

All in all it was an awesome weekend, the weather held out and everyone had a really enjoyable time. I'm already planning one for next year which will be around the same time, I'm looking at the 7th to the 10th but nothing is set in stone yet, if you want to come and you do have a preference on dates please PM me!

3 hours ago, David said:

I believe all the cool kids call it rekt. 

I never did or ever will have the ambition to be a cool kid. Theres other ambitions i have and one of them if to have as much fun as possible, and in that case: mission complete, weekend was fun. And to be honest, i got rekt aswell.

I never did or ever will have the ambition to be a cool kid. Theres other ambitions i have and one of them if to have as much fun as possible, and in that case: mission complete, weekend was fun. And to be honest, i got rekt aswell.

Oh but the leather jacket and shades tell another story!

Short nights, long days and >900km in just 24 hours, but well worth it.

Too bad there weren't more members. An airsoft/paintball-event with just AW members would probably be even more interesting than what we already had. (And maybe more fair)

It would be, I'm glad you enjoyed it despite the numbers and travelling :)

Excellent time we will have to get a lot more to attend in the future for sure,

What can I say fastest on the track boom!!!! :D

But my poor old legs though have only just recovered from being shot so much at close range in the last few rounds,

I couldn't walk up or down stairs all week from all the bruising on my thighs which has only just this morning subsided and I can walk normally :D