Look what I re-textured

Optio

5 hours ago, Kyle Clements said:

These look so good.

I like this one too, because what I've seen so far was just main (color) texture replacement, without any depth map/reflections modification. I got rid of most of the rivets.

You should make a full mod out of this. I'm thinking a private military company.

Yup. It's happening

off.jpg

Might be a cool thing for the ahoyworld servers. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

They can be downloaded as an image with the mission and then applied, the only impact would be increased filesize. 

If you have me on steam, check out first dev build of the mod:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732099492

1 hour ago, D.v.Brandenburg said:

Might be a cool thing for the ahoyworld servers. 

Maybe. Every texture is ~1MB. OK for let's say adding black offroads to the mission, but for example my Marshall have 5 new textures (>7MB). It's too much even for a game night event, let alone public server. 

Some of this modded stuff I am doing can be achieved with small server-side scripts, ex. vehicle modification - unarmed IFV's, police beacons, opening doors, or attaching objects - explosives to vehicles or units, putting statics/mortar on the back of the truck.

arma.png

22 hours ago, ZeroZeroSix said:

You should still consider uploading this to armaholics or the Steam workshop.

I will. It's early access / alpha build right now. I'm making a lightweight collection of assets, drawing from other mods. 100MB right now: vests, uniforms, backpacks. Full-on open source. Everything you might need to make PMC-style mission. If anybody have suggestions, what should I include, please let me know. I already have a person interested in making Zeus campaign with this mod.

BTW: In last mission of "Win", there where contractors in the airport, and now this was included in Apex:
ion.png
Let's add to this story.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...