CQB Event EU5 Sunday 24/7/16 17:00 GMT

David

Join us on Sunday the 24th at 17:00 GMT for an all new CQB Event, playing various game modes throughout you and up to 59 others will battle it out in a super intensive CQB environment. We'll play several game modes throughout the evening and you will really be put to the test!

Special notes:

- No grenades however smokes are available. Do not throw them over walls, only through doorways or corridors. If you see another player abusing this report them after the event.

- No camping the opposing teams base, you will be killed if you do. Do not pass the white lines at bases.

- Stay inside the play area at all times.

- If you have a problem with another player report it to an admin after the game, teamkilling will happen although you should avoid it. We advise to set up Shadowplay or Raptr.

- Both sides of the arena are mirror images.

- You can heal at the medical containers located by the containers. Both teams can use both containers.

- Respawns are set at 1 minute, there is no option to revive.

- No mods are required.

- Attempting to glitch through walls or exploit the game will have you removed.

- All standard Ahoy rules apply when on server.

- There are five civilian slots, one Marshal, one Recording, three admin slots.

- The Marshal is the person who decides when certain game parameters are met or a game is complete.

http://goo.gl/forms/O3213sZTk0mH7rWB3

These pictures are of the arena but are not the final version.

20160720092528_1.jpg

20160720092540_1.jpg

@xSniper1982 Yea I really need to stop making my posts and story boarding during my night job so I edit my stuff properly XD (edit: I can't English)

there's a 3 hour difference and I don't mind pushing my start time back to accommodate David's event ^_^

Besides, its FULL ON PvP, A RARE TREAT!

Looking forward to playing this!

2 minutes ago, Liru the Lcpl. said:

@xSniper1982 Yea I really need to making my posts and story boarding during my night job so I edit my stuff properly XD

there's a 3 hour difference and I don't mind pushing my start time back to accommodate David's event ^_^

Besides, its FULL ON PvP, A RARE TREAT!

Looking forward to playing this!

So there is, my apologies. Anyway as you said it's a three hour difference and I'm not looking for it to run for any more than an hour and a half.

Just now, David said:

So there is, my apologies. Anyway as you said it's a three hour difference and I'm not looking for it to run for any more than an hour and a half.

Want us to put the word out when we see people on TS that might not spend much time in the forums?

Well, i'm going to anyway... but yeah.. :D

Just now, xSniper1982 said:

Want us to put the word out when we see people on TS that might not spend much time in the forums?

Well, i'm going to anyway... but yeah.. :D

Can do, not a good idea to run it right up to the wire, people should have a decent break before going headfirst into another.

• David unpinned this topic

So, I have to ask a few questions for clarity because I'm definitely coming and, with PvP, the #1 thing you have to organize is balance!

1. How will the teams be decided? If you have a team of xSniper, Shadow, Jockey, CobaltCat, Hoffie, Ezlann, Extra, etc. vs a group of new faces to Ahoyworld, I'll know who to put my money on to say the least...

2. What are the weapons that we will be using? Is it same per team or does everyone get the same gun? If everyone has the same gun then the weapons are balanced, but a lot of people try to ID by gun, so you might have a few accidental team kills vs. possibly using weapons that might give one team an edge. I know the 6.5 caseless caliber recently got a damage buff after Apex for example, so Nato's weapons might be a little underpowered in comparison.

3. What are our default loadouts? This is just for curiosity's sake :)

4. this could be up to a 30v30 scenario, which is freaking awesome, but how will communication work? Will we all be in a single squad or will it be direct chat only? What are the rules for ghosting, such as if you turn a corner and get mowed down, would you be able to tell your team where they are (hopefully not, that's a bit cheap :P)

Thank you for your time, and I can't wait for this!

-Liru

1. Teams should be balanced as much as possible, the server will automatically put you in the relevant slots in the order you connect. You shouldn't move out of those slots unless I can find a way on the night to make it all balance out and friends to play together.

2. I'm still working on weapons, as it stands it's the MX and Katiba, both 6.5mm although it may likely change.

3. Current default loadouts are as above for guns, 5 mags of 30 rounds each and 2 smokes.

4. Communication is another one the jury is out for, a whole TS channel of 30 people all going "oh there's an ene- oh i'm dead". I think I'll probably force the use of direct in game so once they are downed they can't pass information.

2 hours ago, Rave said:

How limited are the smokes...because FPS

Also i like how you chose wisely the smallest and most optimised map. Stratis <3

I can't see them being much use personally so I may just take them out and let it be shooting skill.

49 minutes ago, David said:

I can't see them being much use personally so I may just take them out and let it be shooting skill.

I'd say it depends on how you organize communication.

If squads are formed within the teams and they're coordinating with each other, smokes would be good for making concealment to cover an advance, block an enemy's LoS, mark a large group of enemies, and can be used per squad as they coordinate with their smoke grenades and make some very interesting gameplay!

However, as discussed earlier, if everyone's just forced to use direct chat, there's not really a point for smokes because everyone will just be using them for themselves, and with that much smoke going around you could potentially have a lag issue, so smokes might not be the best idea. It depends how our Core Staff organize the game night ^_^

Just my two cents.