[UNOFFICIAL] Operation Redguard: July 24th (Sunday) 4:00pm EST/20:00 GMT

Liru the Lcpl.

Bigass post ahead:

Ok guys, I have 6 images of the AO for you guys!

Image 1: Behold, the unfinished bridge! The Tanoan Government will continue its construction after your operation

Image 2: The manmade dam that's helped the Tanoan government artificially block waves and helped them with making the bridge...

Image 3: Your defensive objective. This is one of the two support struts on the bridge. Defend them at all costs!

Image 4: The main base and a preview of the support vehicles you have access to!

Image 5: You won't be alone, the Tanoan government has dispatched a local police division to assist you! They've also set up some static MGs and titans to assist you in key positions!

Image 6: There are smaller sub military bases on other sides on the island, as well as battle towers for a height advantage! Use them to your advantage!

Redguard1.PNG

Redguard2.PNG

Redguard3.PNG

Redguard4.PNG

Redguard5.PNG

Redguard6.PNG

Ok guys, so I've refined everything slightly for the sake of artistic appeal, and am working on putting an arsenal in the main base, so CONSIDER THIS A BREIFING

-You'll spawn in the north west corner of the island you are defending. This is where your ground vehicles, such as HEMMT based vehicles, cars, Marshall, and Pawnee spawn. Timers for vehicles will be set to 5 minutes, and player respawn timers will be set to a minute.

Command squad's goals: pick a spot for your defensive artillery and a place that overlooks most of the island. Battle "Command" Tower 3, a tower that is at the center of the island on a large hill, is a good place to achieve this, and even has a good clearing right next to it for the Mortar to set up. The tower also has a .50 mounted towards the bridge, a titan AT pointed in the same direction, and AA pointed in the cardinal directions. Use them at your discretion, and make sure you let your forces know where the enemy is coming from. It could be from anywhere!

Squad 1: You are the main defensive line on the bridge. Expect the unexpected, as to the enemy will throw all they have at you. Stick in cover and on high ground: the enemy will have mortars that you might consider coordinating with squad 2 on how to deal with them. You'll have static AT and .50 in place, as well as allied Tanoan police forces to assist you. They aren't trained for this style of operation, but they'll help where they can.

Squad 2: Your placement is dictated by your commander because you are the Quick Response Force. If your commander wants you to reinforce the bridge, do so. If the Marshall needs ammo, get the HEMMT ammo and assist them. If a plane is heard overhead and you see parachutes, ask your commander if you are to go mow them down. If boats are sited, you're the force that is to move out and take care of them. There are two other smaller bases on the east and west sides of the map that have a .50, so use them wisely.

Marshall Crew: The commander dictates what you do, but the command squad can override and give you a new directive. There's a firing position on overwatch on the bridge that could be quite useful, however expect the same rules as the QRF.

CAS: You're only allowed to fire if the commander tells you to. No Lone Wolfing, no going rogue, only do what the commander asks of you. If the rules are broken, I will add AA assets and you're going to have a bad time.

CSAT Sniper team: You know what to do...

-After the mission "officially" begins, you'll have roughly 10 minutes to explore your island and set up a defensive protocol. If you join the server early, you're allowed to freely explore the island until first contact, but NOT step foot on the larger island (Put simply, if you do, you're guaranteed to encounter bandits) After first contact, you MUST report to your squad leader ASAP.

-Remember the side objective is risk vs. reward, and only will become available to do roughly 10 minutes into the mission after the first wave of mortar strikes. 

-Brandenburg is the only one (other than some AI) that is allowed to wear a black beret. No one else may wear one, and Branden MUST wear one.

Finish the job, and have fun!

Not sure if i'll be able to take part.....
Got a swelling in the back of my throat that is making it hard for me to breathe or talk.

Will see how things are later, and will chat to the main guys shortly to discuss options, but really don't think i'll be in any state to take part.

Oh hell no. I finally have the chance to shoot you without breaking any rules.  

You know you want to shoot that beret of my head.

ps: hope it gets better in a couple hours.

apologies i couldnt make it i was rushed to hospital  going under the knife today as the muscle above my knee is torn because of the antibiotics i took when i had pneumonia (apparently it only happens to 1 out of 10 000 people and i was the unlucky one )

8 hours ago, Pie said:

apologies i couldnt make it i was rushed to hospital  going under the knife today as the muscle above my knee is torn because of the antibiotics i took when i had pneumonia (apparently it only happens to 1 out of 10 000 people and i was the unlucky one )

Damn sounds pretty bad. hope you have a swift recovery.