Continuation of Flight School

Shadow

Definitely interested.

If I may already, does anyone here know if it's possible, and if so how, to get full throttle range in ArmA? I've looked on the WWW multiple times, tried many things, but to no avail. My X52 axes work (verified in other sims) and I can get the engine on at <5% but for some reason, helicopters won't lift off or stay in hover until I reach ±85%. :huh:

Ive tried everything possible Eagle-Eye that i could find , so much that i had to resort to mapping collective to a hat switch on my throttle 

there was a bug they fixed it then broke it again 

Shadow what about training some of the guys in tail rotor loss and recovery and auto rotation , so that if they get into such a predicament on the server they would have a handle on it 

continuing the flight school is an amazing and also a very positive way to deal with some of the problems.  

3 hours ago, Pie said:

Shadow what about training some of the guys in tail rotor loss and recovery and auto rotation , so that if they get into such a predicament on the server they would have a handle on it 

this would be the stuff covered in the advanced section of the flight school for now lots of people seem to be interested and so ill probably organise this flight school. In the signup for it ill put a section on who wants to practise what. so if you're already familiar with flying but just want some explanation on the advanced techniques such as recovering from tailrotor loss and/or autorotating down.

I'm going with Pie, loss of ATTQ is pretty hard to recover for inexperienced pilots, Autohover is pretty easy if you know what to do and if you had a little explanation,

So hereby i want to sign up as one of the instructor pilots if that's ok with shadow 

I want to thank Shadow, Dirty and Hoffie, as well as everyone who attended the last Flight School Event.
Saw some very good piloting from some of the newer pilots, landing without antitorque with very few issues.

Well done everyone.

I'll have a chat with Shadow and see when he might be able to sort something out for those who were unable to make the last one.
He's a pretty busy guy these days, but I know he loves helping you guys out, so, stay tuned for updates.

What about a complete flight school from beginner to advanced . yes time is constrained , i dont even have time to offer as a instructor but a every second week for a lesson should be okay for some of us. i also have some documentation i and a few of my buddies wrote that i could share that people can read to get a idea of the concepts of flight ect and shadow has a video explaining LZ very good as well.just my 2c 

hey Shadow

Are you gonner do any more of thes? as i like to lean to lan and take off safly in enemy AO (the are som main mison wear the entire island is covered by AO marker and AA).

Along with evading AA missil and landing with damage main rotor (never dit get tha one).

Best regard Krism

• 2 months later...