jam26

jam26

In-game name when banned: jam26

Why do you think you were banned? I believe i was banned because i was accused of stream sniping.

Why (in your personal opinion) should your ban be lifted? I believe the ban should be lifted as i did no such thing, after re watching the stream i understand why it seems suspect, the person who originally raises luetins suspicions (JEB_E_BUSH) was in a skype call with me and directed me to luetins location, who might i add was in a light green ghillie on the dark ground and with the snipers massive muzzle flash was easily seen, watching the video closely i do not start firing with my un-supressed AK until luetin has fired about 4 shots..

I would not stream snipe as i understand how it ruins the experience for all, and do not see the point in wasting the effort and time that luetin puts into making and running these ops. I played the moday spec ops mission as my first time in a zeus stream and it showed me a new side of arma that i had never experienced, and do wish to play many more times, lifting my ban would allow me to play more of these missions and enjoy what both arma and luetin have to offer.

thanks,
James
(jam26)

Which administrator banned you (if known): zissou

When were you banned: 02/07/2016

jeb is a relative of mine, we often skype and discuss off topic things which wouldnt be appropriate in the ts (not relative to arma), at the time i did not know he was stream sniping and thought it odd when he informed me of the snipers position.

Thanks for the reply,

james

at the time i thought nothing of it, as i didnt really know what stream sniping was, i presumed he got lucky, and yes i was present for the whole stream and saw the warning

I don't mean to spam the thread, only i would like to provide evidence from the stream, at the point that i believe raised the stream sniping concerns as mentioned earlier, at exactly 1 hr 6 min into the stream ( https://www.twitch.tv/luetin/v/75717730 ) my team begins to move across luetins field of view, note that i do not begin to fire for the duration of time that i was in luetins sights, luetin fires his first shot and you cannot hear my unsuppresed AK12 until 1hr 6min 20seconds into the stream, by then luetin has engaged and is given away by his sniper rifles muzzle flash,which i see and begin firing upon him, which is easily heard and contrasts to the suppresed weapons of my teammates greatly, to avoid confusion i have provided this : https://gyazo.com/ea9729a7ab3f35aa0b14ce1a7a8df62b which shows who is who. 

This post carries no intention of pestering or hurrying the admins, i am just trying to build my appeal and make my case stronger.

James,

jam26

My concern here is the fact that you were on skype with someone who was stream sniping taking advantage of that information and we have no way of knowing that you won't do it again. Were your ban to be lifted what would stop you being on a skype call with him again and using information passed to you?

At the time i did not know that he was stream sniping, had i done i would have told him to stop or even failing that contacted LT or an admin through TS, stream sniping is something that ruins the concept of what luetin is trying to do with these live streams, there is no point in my mind in ruining something that is enjoyed by so many people both in game and in stream.

I am proud to be in the AW community, and feel honored to be able to play on luetins live streams, i would never do anything knowingly that would have a detrimental effect on the experience of both players and viewers. 

What would stop me knowingly doing this again would be the same thing that stops everyone else from stream sniping, the fact that i want to enjoy the zeus mission to its full potential, not once during that stream (which went on so late the sun was rising for me) did i have any desire to 'cheat' the game, the challenge of arma zeus is why i started to play and can be considered the main reason why i play, without the challenge of the dynamic mission i wouldn't have started to play in the first place, let alone stay up until 4am and have to spend Saturday recovering in bed. 

I personally and honestly see stream sniping as a waste of my time, it removes the excitement of the game entirely. 

Lifting my ban rests on the fact that i did not as such stream snipe, rather i received information that was probably stream sniped but at the time i did not realize that it had been, had i known i would have reported it straight away. If i was unbanned i would not skype him during the stream knowing what he has done.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience i have caused to AW staff (particularly zissou)  in having to deal with my appeal as i understand it is a complex matter that is extremely serious.

Thanks,

James

jam26

9 minutes ago, zissou said:

Okay I will lift the ban before friday but any suspect behaviour and there will be no third chances! 

Thank you very much, and dont worry, there wont be anything of the sort. 

Jam26

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts