EU#6 AHOSEC

This sounds very much like something I could enjoy. 

Sadly on my part, summerholidays are comeing up so the kids and dame demand to go south (mandatory). So I ll be short on playtime for the next two months. 

I ll have to see how this pans out and how I ll be able to participate. 

I wish you the best of luck with this project. 

Guest Luetin

I am open to and interested in this, the only issue for me will be availability of time and wether or not that can be slotted into my schedule.

If the times line up then I will be interested in participating

9 hours ago, Luetin said:

I am open to and interested in this, the only issue for me will be availability of time and wether or not that can be slotted into my schedule.

If the times line up then I will be interested in participating

Well, it`ll be something with a set schedule so I presume we will al find out if we can make said days. Apart from possible training days unit`s usually have 1 op every week in a campaign or something similiar. Is that what you have in mind Chris?

This unit will be modeled after marines in term of gear and squad setup. All applicants are to do a BCTBasic Combat Training course and a MOS Military Occupational Specialty before they are a fully fledged member of the unit. The BCT will be conducted in groups of 16 held by two instructors before we move onto MOS's. Everyone would have to complete them before we move onto operations as i want each and everyone in the 1st Platoon on the same level of training. When we hit 32players signed up i will close the current signup as that will put us on one full platoon and we are currently shy 5 people to fill the first platoon.

What i am expecting of the people who sign up is a professional act and a understanding that this is serious gameplay, there is a time and a place for bants but not when you are training\getting briefed by your leader etc.

Currently the modset is to be a mirror of the Godhand modset with some alterations which are to be announced. 

As of now i am doing alot of "paperwork" backend setting up sheets and stuff to track players (BCT Completion, MOSs etc.) and doing some alteration to the training mission and finishing off a rough framework for missions, so expect more info in a pm on the forums and more updates in the initial post midweek.

Im still going thru the signees answers to correlate a good timeslot for everyone so that we can get this smoothly going.

I hope this clears up some mis-understandings and lack of info in terms of what this is.

Sounds great, I'll raise my hopes of highly coordinated actions with team leaders armed from teeth to feet and a training that made them sweat :) Is this group aiming to play TvT? Close to realism unit sounds very great. I hate when it is possible to ''hop over the fence'' somewhere it is a bit lower than elsewhere, and so I would like to challenge people: 

One very specific thing I feel a bit disappointed in this game is that people are capable of controlling helicopters much more easily than those who want to take more things in count and wish a bit challenge. And the third person view... 

Could it be considered for this server to force advanced flight model on for helicopters in addition of restricting the chance of third person view? (Try out at least the RHS Chinook on advanced on editor, with every seat filled with heavy gunner, you'll be amazed). Advanced Flight Model on helicopters would make pilots really having to think their moves and where to actually put the chopper and in which way. Realism. And yeah, autohover forced off, naturally. I see many people mislead themselves with such aid. The good thing would be, that the gauges that come available to you, let you know exactly what's happening with your helo. Exactly. Instrumental flight would offer something to do for everyone, in addition of learning to control different choppers with different masses. I'm willing to share all my secrets and train those who want to try out, or to move to advanced flight model.

Dude no offence but the concurrency needed for AFM on different airframes does not justify it  and there is nothing to be gained. Also its not exactly doable with mouse and keyboard. people struggle with advanced flight stuff even with the simple model. Just look how many pilots are comfortable landing inside a tight compound. 

As for pilots having to think their moves , they already have to , your just increasing their workload without a copilot ,and they still have to jugle potential incoming fire etc. Even Shacktac said no to the AFM. 

No offense experienced, thank you for stating your true opinion! Yes, that would increase the workload pilot are required before entering the cockpit in real games. Very nice gain (in very rare cases here I suppose then) would be a much better navigation in instrumental flight. To me, knowing the attitude, raise, momentum, collective and speed gives an exact image  of how the chopper is reacting, without forgetting the altitude ofc. Perhaps it's just because of those '' I can't see *i**'' -situations which took me in the beginning to the dark side of advanced flight model B)

Pistolfreak,  TvT is not something you should expect in an arma unit.  It's usually only on occasions where Arma units play a bit of TvT. 

When it comes to the flying,  your 2 steps ahead of the entire unit.  From what I understood of the guys in charge is that we are focusing on the  infantry part first.  Before that's all set up we are a long Way underway.

Imo: What Razor said: you also need extra armament.  I personally think afm is cool,  but that is more something for a more veteran unit.  But then again,  that is my opinion. 

Aha, I see. I think I have misundestood the term and function of a unit generally, sorry. I hadn't found anything of co-op only thing and expected some different things.  Apologies for that. 

I admit that afm ''requires'' extra armament yeah, I wouldn't be flying at all without additional controllers. Respects to mouse & kb pilots. Propably, now that you mentioned it, that setup is for a bit more veteran units. 

Did I get the setup right, if I put it like this: 

AW A3 gaming community -> plays co-op and tvt on organized events

Unit -> smaller group inside community, plays co-op only, infantry only for now?  If I even got the ''unit'' correct this time..

Thank you for your honesty, m8!