EU3 Feedback Response

Hi all, this morning I’ve been reviewing the responses to the EU3 feedback form and there are some interesting statistics that come to light as a result, here’s a few.

What is your current general opinion of EU3?

40% of you think that the server is good or above with an interesting 36.7% voting satisfactory, 23.4% voting poor or very poor, thankfully the very poor is the minority.

In recent history, how do you feel EU3 is changing?

I asked this question to gauge how you think the environment is changing, there’s been a few posts recently about problems on EU3 and I wanted to analyse quite what is going on. 50% voted satisfactory or above, of which 23.3% was that the experience was getting better. 50% voted that the environment was deteriorating, clearly we need to concentrate our efforts here to change things.

What do you think of the current administrative coverage?

When it comes to here, 76.7% voted for satisfactory or above with the remaining 23.3% on a poor vote, there were no very poor votes.

What do you think of the current administrative action when situations arise?

This question was split into two, one for EU3 Mods and one for Admins, EU3 mods fared better than the admins which is interesting to see, I’ll not break it down, here’s how it looks:

What do you think of the handling of player reports submitted via the website?

I’m quite happy with this result if I’m honest, there’s been some hiccups with the new system and we’ve worked hard to resolve them, in the face of that 93.1% voted satisfactory leaving 6.9% in the poor category.

What do you think of the current mission rotation?

df0252b871.png

This is an interesting one, we’ll try and change things up in future to make things more variable.

What do you think of the current rules?

This is one I was paying a lot of attention to, only 10% voted that they were difficult to understand, 20% voted they were difficult to find and 33.3% voted they were difficult to remember. Quite an eye opener, I’ll see if we can simplify them and make them easier to find in future.

What do you think of the current loadout selection system?

A slim majority are happy with the loadout system with 41.4% wanting it changed, maybe we can see what we can do with it.

If you had the choice, would you use ACRE or TFAR?

This one divided opinion, TFAR took an early lead of 8:2 but ACRE later clawed it back to win this one 16:14. It’s not quite as simple as that though, there was also a separate staff vote from the EU3 Mods and above on this issue where TFAR won 8:4 leaving TFAR with an overall 22:20 over ACRE.

What do you think of the current modset?

This is broken down into a few questions and I’ll admit some of them were ambiguous, it looks like we hit a sweet spot with content and size with a couple on either side of the argument, here’s a breakdown:

The update schedule also seems to be in a sweet spot, 83.3% voted that it was just right with 16.7% voting it wasn’t frequent enough.

How easy was it to get used to the EU3 server?

83.3% voted it was easy to very easy with 16.7% voting that it could be better, this is honestly a more positive response than I was expecting.

How is your in game performance in relative to general ArmA 3 gameplay?

Generally speaking performance is good, especially for the amount of mods we run and I’m happy for that.

All in all there's definite work to do but we know where the problems lie now, the text responses all say similar things and it's good to see the community voicing their opinions with some quite lengthy responses, generally speaking the response is to avoid shooting first and asking questions later, be harsher on the rule breakers and make things a bit clearer to new players and roles. Also someone said we were unapproachable, I want to reassure everyone that you can come to us at any time and we'll listen to you, we don't like think our members are afraid to talk to us, we're gamers just like you!

It was a good poll and I hope it helps you guys get a picture of the state of the server I personally think things are going to be getting better with the addition of copey to mod and origins to the admin team.

However on the tfar question, it would be nice to see out of how many of the players that voted the % that have been around and played with both mods, because I f you have only played with one then it's not a fair representation. Just my thoughts but over all thank you for letting the community voice their opinions :)

I can't guarantee anything happening just yet, I have a busy few weeks ahead and then the meetup to deal with. However the first thing I'll be doing is rebranding the server and guiding the staff in the right direction before I can get to work on a real plan borne of this survey.

Sent from my SM-G920F using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2016 at 10:43 AM, David said:

What do you think of the current rules?

This is one I was paying a lot of attention to, only 10% voted that they were difficult to understand, 20% voted they were difficult to find and 33.3% voted they were difficult to remember. Quite an eye opener, I’ll see if we can simplify them and make them easier to find in future.

A bit curious, what part of that was eye opening?

On 17-7-2016 at 3:32 PM, Slugg087 said:

A bit curious, what part of that was eye opening?

I can imagine they're hard to find, since (after some searching at the forums) I was unable to find them. Although I do remember they're in the TS channel, so shouldn't be too hard...

However, I do agree that it's strange that people say they're "difficult to understand" and "difficult to remember".

To be honest I don't know them by heart as well, but that doesn't mean I can use by brains to figure out what is allowed and what not. Especially since EU3 is about serious gaming (at least more serious than EU1&2), so even without knowing the rules I do know how I should behave and how I should play the game (as in "fulfill my role").

The fact that there are rules means that in the past (and probably still) people don't understand what 'serious' means, and thus running around with sniper-rockets while flying attack heli's into the AO as if they were kamikaze pilots...

Solution(s);

1) create a sticky post which lists the rules (single lines), and explains them (for those who like to read)

2) add a link to the forum post in the TS channels

3) add the rules to the missions at the server

4) streamline the "application process" (to get TS password) with the rules, and make sure this process is easier to find

2 hours ago, Grezvany13 said:

Solution(s);

1) create a sticky post which lists the rules (single lines), and explains them (for those who like to read)

2) add a link to the forum post in the TS channels

3) add the rules to the missions at the server

4) streamline the "application process" (to get TS password) with the rules, and make sure this process is easier to find

1) Already done in several places. Here and here for instance.

2) Also done, as far as I recall.

3) Also done. You have to agree to the rules every time you join the server.

4) Also done. It can't get more streamlined than what it is.

People just need to read.

I agree completely on the fact that people need to read (and understand), however we all know that some people don't ;)

And to make sure people can find the stuff they need to read (since even I was unable to find it after searching the forums), it's important to make sure it's easier to find.

To be honest, the numbers of "What do you think of the current rules?" and "How easy was it to get used to the EU3 server?" should be the same if the rules were/weren't clear. So the fact that there is a huge different means something should be done about it.

Overall I agree with the results of the poll, even though I'm not a regular player. And since people always need something to complain, it's not that strange that there is also some bad feedback.

I do wonder if there also was an open question which asked if the person would have feedback/improvements, and what the answers on that are (because I didn't knew there was a poll, and didn't fill it out).