Scope Mounting

Just a small request for the misc. mod 'Mount' by LAxemann which adds a fairly short but satisfying animation for adding, removing or swapping sights on your rifle.

I think its a pretty cool mod especially for EU3 since I always see people bringing like 3 scope variants to each AO in their backpack and swapping them instantly in combat. This mods adds that little bit of immersion or realism into this idea that I think is already needed in the game!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25962

Pretty good mod, I believe we used to use it back in the days as well.

I believe the idea of bringing multiple scopes to an AO was frowned upon, which really it shouldn't be, nothing wrong with it and being EU3 I understand that people enjoy that sense of freedom.

+1 would ruh-lism again.

+1 from me, the principle behind it is bang on in my opinion, and while not needed, it adds a degree of immersion and forward thinking when preparing your gear prior to an AO. Obviously it needs to be tested before any addition can be made to the server.

If you pack 3 scopes in your backpack you are doing it wrong. Why you cannot be satisfied witch 2-3 option scopes like ones from RHS or Vortex type (Elcan)? Mod is fairly nice looking but it will promote people to carry more scopes. You need to consider the AO for which you are packing for. You have versatile scopes with multiple options, CQB style or CQB+mid range3x like m150 ARD which is my personal favorite. M150 is plenty enough for targets +600 meters.

Also imagine Copey's gamenight for example. You are switching scopes like this, then out of nowhere "Do svidaniya" behind, and you are dead. Next thing you whine at FOB that you were switching scopes. Think about it. Do you want to become frustrated?

edit: 0.38 min on youtube from armaholic link: that is not how you switch scopes :/. Do you want have fourth hole for breathing?

Switching scopes on the battlefield shouldn't be done really. I'm guilty though. The thing is, as soon as you take it off and re-mount it you're going to lose your zero somewhere. There's plenty of optics out there who are more than suitable for a variety of missions. For example, a simple red-dot is more than plenty of optic half of the time. Add a magnifier and you're good for even further distances. Got a high magnification on your rifle and you're in CQB? Switch to a pistol and be on your toes. Anyhow, plenty of all-rounders out there. Just give them all a shot, perhaps if they don't appeal to you at first they may end up working really well for you!

3 hours ago, Plant1ing said:

If you pack 3 scopes in your backpack you are doing it wrong. Why you cannot be satisfied witch 2-3 option scopes like ones from RHS or Vortex type (Elcan)? Mod is fairly nice looking but it will promote people to carry more scopes. You need to consider the AO for which you are packing for. You have versatile scopes with multiple options, CQB style or CQB+mid range3x like m150 ARD which is my personal favorite. M150 is plenty enough for targets +600 meters.

Also imagine Copey's gamenight for example. You are switching scopes like this, then out of nowhere "Do svidaniya" behind, and you are dead. Next thing you whine at FOB that you were switching scopes. Think about it. Do you want to become frustrated?

edit: 0.38 min on youtube from armaholic link: that is not how you switch scopes :/. Do you want have fourth hole for breathing?

I personally never have and never will take more than the single scope on my rifle to an AO as I never find a need or will for more. However, that being said I know for a fact other people do enjoy taking more than one scope to an AO as they like the versatility of doing so.

This mod will not only add a sense of realism between swapping scopes in a battlefield but will also enforce a slower more thoughtful style of gameplay as players will now have to actually take a second to sit and switch scopes.

The idea you have of being shot during a scope-switch is EXACTLY the purpose of the mod, to make the simple and easy vanilla task of changing optics more realistic and time consuming rather than being done in a split second.

Players who choose to take multiple scopes would then also have to contemplate for the fact that they will have to stop, take a knee, unscrew their current optics and assemble their new ones before carrying on.

This concept of extra thought processes within this mod is precisely the same concept of the beloved ACE mod by introducing actions such as bandaging, putting in earplugs and un-jamming rifles to create a more immersive and fun experience.

At the end of the day its only 3MB onto the full repo. Its basically just an extra and equally fun ACE feature.

We do see a fair few people bringing multiple scopes for the purpose of swapping in the field, and I'd prefer that they stop :P

Your optic restricts your choices in how you engage the enemy, something I consider to be added gameplay value.

I've seen people running with a 3x magnifier on their Holographic switch into a Kobra RDS, why I don't know.

I don't really see a need for this mod, I'd prefer that switching in the field didn't happen.

If you're a Marksman, guess what, maybe you don't need to take the Leopold off in favor of a Vortex, leave the house clearing to the M4s.

Same goes the other way, if you're running an RDS om a 5.56, try, leaving the 800-meter shots to the guys with the kit to hit.

Bottom line, if you make a sensible choice before leaving base, you won't need to switch.

#dropthatbackpack

while i agree that scope switching for versitality is unneeded, and thats why we have multiple roles instead of bunch of guys with an sbr sniper rifle that shoots full auto .338 with red dot and 6-25x switchable magnifier, for attachments such as suppressors this would be useful since suppressors are taken on and off quite usually irl and in game. And anyways for the dummies that do actually carry multiple sights or optics this would be a good penalty. 

19 hours ago, Amentes said:

We do see a fair few people bringing multiple scopes for the purpose of swapping in the field, and I'd prefer that they stop

Again, this mod does not JUST effect scopes. Animations for supressors and barrel attachments have also been implemented.

Ontop of this we arnt ONLY talking about swapping scopes. I also am not a fan of the multiple scope gameplay and I agree with your points about people sticking to their role, however this mod could also be used for simply removing an ACOG on a M4 so use the iron sights, whether that be the PIP or the carry handle.

Users of the M4 may wish to do this if they prefer the iron sights for CQC rather than looking over the top of the ACOG as RHS offers.

+ you can zero the M4 iron sights but not any of the red dot attachments, making them fairly unusable above 200m. For example on the last MSO many people were removing their set red dot sights to use their PIPs instead, allowing longer range engagement. That was fun and the concept is pretty realistic.

10 hours ago, Karate Pyjamas said:

That's actually the best reason to have this mod I've seen in this thread so far.  Kuddos sir!

That IS the reason of this mod, as I stated ' they will have to stop, take a knee, unscrew their current optics and assemble their new ones before carrying on.'

Simply the main reason I would want it implemented haha.

My point exactly. This simply isn't done in real life, and if people really feel they need it, we have plenty of scopes with top-mounted RDS or Irons, plus 3D scopes that will let you shoot CQB through the 4x magnifier with a little practice.

By all means, add the mod, but don't for a moment think that taking scopes and suppressors on and off works like a Hollywood movie.

My point exactly. This simply isn't done in real life, and if people really feel they need it, we have plenty of scopes with top-mounted RDS or Irons, plus 3D scopes that will let you shoot CQB through the 4x magnifier with a little practice.

By all means, add the mod, but don't for a moment think that taking scopes and suppressors on and off works like a Hollywood movie.

true. Not like a Hollywood movie. But not that hard either with the right mount and compatible optics.

Sent from my iPhone using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.