Need a new game to play...

Rarek

I'm mainly playing Fallout New Vegas, NetKar Pro, Race 07 & Dishonoured at the moment! I don't enjoy Planetside enough to keep playing it and changing games all the time is ma thing, it's what I love about gaming!

If people are on TS more regularly (including myself) you'll find we start playing games together again.

Personally Rarek I think you should get some sort of gamepad/wheel and give racing games a go :D but I've been barking up this tree so long and getting nowhere.

get a joystick and join me in strike suit zero on teh 24th! :D looks sooooo sick! also i have a few multiplayer games such as awesomenaughts, ace of spades ect that i've been wanting to try out with others. i'm still really waiting for a new mmo that i can sink my teeth into though, planetside is good but just too many things imo that are wrong with it.

Here's a bunch coming out this year that look pretty impressive to me!

[h1]Hardware / Systems[/h1]

Ouya

Steam Box

Nvidia Shield

[h1]Games coming out this year...[/h1]

Watch Dogs - "late" // From the Assassin's Creed lads comes an incredible-looking and supposedly ground-breaking new game made specifically for the PC

Dead Space 3 - 8th February // The horrific sequel to Dead Space 2 - this time with co-op!

Tomb Raider - 5th march // Another Tomb Raider. It's supposed to be pretty.

Star Wars 1313 - "late" // Third-person action game described as "dark and mature"

Strike Suit Zero - 24th January // Space! Fighting! Kaboom! (as mentioned by Kyrie)

Starforge - TBC // Imagine Minecraft with guns, realistic graphics and both ground and low-orbit construction.

Grand Theft Auto V - Spring // Yay!

Remember Me - May // Third-person action / acrobatics / complicated-sounding combat game

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Spring // This should apparently be nothing like the previous Splinter Cell - back to the old sneaky sneaky! Yay!

Lost Planet 3 - January // Cool.

Clang - February // Sword fighting. Proper sword fighting. Another supposed "ground-breaker".

Battle Cry of Freedom - TBC 2013 // American Civil War multiplayer with five-hundred players

Beyond Good and Evil 2 - "late" // The sequel to Beyond Good and Evil! WOOHOO!

Overgrowth - TBC // Like a finished version of Lugaru!

Octodad: Dadliest Catch - TBC // Heh.

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs - January // Yep - it's the sequel to the last Amnesia. It looks fucking terrifying.

Gone Home - "mid-2013" // From the devs of Bioshock 2 comes this Dear Esther-esque mystery game.

Republique - September // A French adventure/hacking (the geeky kind) game

Routine - TBC // Survival horror. On the moon. Oooooooohoohooooh

Coma: A Mind Adventure - TBC // Sort out puzzles and issues in the mind of a comatose patient. Simples.

Dream - Q1 // Another beautiful-looking first-person puzzler.

Among the Sleep - TBC // Take control of a two year-old and wander around horrifically scary, supposedly deserted environments! Yay!

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - TBC // Half of the Amnesia team are working on this. 'nuff said.

Outlast - TBC // A first-person horror adventure crossed with Mirror's Edge. Cool, huh?

The Intruder - TBC // A survival horror with a clock.

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - 18th January // Snipey snipey, killy killy built with CryEngine 3.

Bioshock Infinite - 1st March // Yay!

Crysis 3 - February // I do want to see the graphics...

Day Z (Standalone) - TBC // The proper, not-a-mod version of Day Z.

Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm - TBC // The under-played, under-appreciated Red Orchestra gets a sequel, this time in the Pacific

Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots - TBC // Another Rainbow 6 game that promises to go back to its squad-based, tactical roots.

Metro: Last Light - TBC // A fantastic-looking sequel to the first game, Metro 2033.

ArmA III - TBC // Still not sure when this will come.

Warface - TBC // A crazy-looking free-to-play shooter that's already been in Russia for a while! Get on the beta now!

Sir, You Are Being Hunted - July // A sort of horror-survival game where you're a man running through the procedurally-generated bleak, English countryside whilst being hunted by packs of posh-looking robots with top-hats and guns. Perfectly normal.

0x10c - March (alpha) // Notch is the lead developer and calls it a "Firefly simulator". Sounds good to me.

Battlefield 4 - "late" // Heh. Should be somewhat explosive.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 - "late" // Seems like it's going to be wonderfully generic, as always.

Takedown - July // Tight, squad-based, strategic and tactics-based first-person shooter based on Rainbow 6.

The Elder Scrolls: Online - "mid-2013" // Should be lovely.

Everquest Next - "late" // With the original Everquest continuing to thrive after 14 years, the sequel promises to "define the next generation of MMOs".

World of Warplanes - Q1 // Follow-up to World of Tanks. Could be good.

World of Warships - TBC // And yet another game from Wargaming.net!

GRID 2 - Q2 // The next GRID!

Raven's Cry - Q1 // A piratey, swash-buckling RPG

Caribbean! - February // Another piratey, swash-buckling RPG

Yogventures! - "early" // The Yogscast crew... they're making a game to... to... to rival Minecraft!

Bus, Woodcutter, Bridge, Crane and Farming Simulator 2014 - "throughout" // Enjoy, you crazy fools.

Total War: Rome 2 - October // This should be nice and pretty.

Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm - 12th March // Apparently this has been in beta for a while - they're releasing it soon.

Command & Conquer - TBC // A multiplayer-only twist of the classic games led by the creator of Might & Magic. Also, free-to-play.

Company of Heroes 2 - "early" // Another pretty-looking one. Also, not free-to-play.

Scrolls - TBC // This is what Notch did with all that money we gave him.

Godus - September // Peter Molyneux is making another game that will "change the face of everything as we know it". It won't; don't listen to him. The game might be alright, though.

Planetary Annihilation - July // An RTS in which you fight on and blow-up planets in real-time in your very own solar system. Woohoo!

X Rebirth - TBC // The X series is back! It's a do-everything space game.

[h1]2014 and beyond...[/h1]

Star Citizen - November 2014 // An incredible-looking space game

Mass Effect 4 - 2015 // Always pretty.

Thief 4 - 2014 // This could be wonderous.

My Thoughts on some of the Upcoming stuff! Sorry for butchering your post Rarek

Here's a bunch coming out this year that look pretty impressive to me!

[h1]Games coming out this year...[/h1]

Watch Dogs - "late" // From the Assassin's Creed lads comes an incredible-looking and supposedly ground-breaking new game made specifically for the PC

"This could be something really cool I don't agree with the GTA Comparison as of yet. It Does look like it could be really intresting and the multiple approaches to missions really make you feel like a badass in other games."

Starforge - TBC // Imagine Minecraft with guns, realistic graphics and both ground and low-orbit construction.

"So Rather unlike Minecraft?"

Grand Theft Auto V - Spring // Yay!

"Somthing that will have me in front of my PC for hours... unless they don't release it on PC."

Routine - TBC // Survival horror. On the moon. Oooooooohoohooooh "Wet my Pants watching the Trailer"

Coma: A Mind Adventure - TBC // Sort out puzzles and issues in the mind of a comatose patient. Simples.

Bioshock Infinite - 1st March // Yay!

"Finally, I love the Biosock Universe cant wait to sink my teeth in to more lore! Also that gameplay which is all steam punky and good gives me nerdgasms every time!"

Crysis 3 - February // I do want to see the graphics...

"Where Graphics come and Jizz all over your face... Now when does anyone like getting Jizz on their face? Kyrie "

Metro: Last Light - TBC // A fantastic-looking sequel to the first game, Metro 2033.

"Who ever buys this from THQ had better do a good job I love this game and if EA gets hold of it butchers it and sticks 8v8 Multiplier on the end of it I think the only solution is a metro 2033 Scenario of total world destruction."

ArmA III - TBC // Still not sure when this will come.

"Released live from a prison in Greece? I dont know if there detainment has anything to do with the delays of what is a mostly finished project. I really hope this dosnt come out too soon... I am trying not to play ArmA for a while so it feels fresh when I play ArmA 3"

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 - "late" // Seems like it's going to be wonderfully generic, as always.

"This series has been going on too long when I here two kids say 'They should make one of these but in WW2' (frankly, I think Modern Warfare has created a demand for a WW2 Shooter... maybe that's their plan.)"

Total War: Rome 2 - October // This should be nice and pretty. "PlaceHolder for a large portion of my life"

Company of Heroes 2 - "early" // Another pretty-looking one. Also, not free-to-play.

"I really hope who ever buys this dosn't EA this game up look at C&C Tiberiam Twilight... I am heavily invested in this games success mostly because of my Pre-order (still available on steam)."

X Rebirth - TBC // The X series is back! It's a do-everything space game.

"I really have been meaning to install the X Series! Looks Stellar"

[h1]2014 and beyond...[/h1]

Star Citizen - November 2014 // An incredible-looking space game

"I really like this game the designer has made some of the best space games in existence most notably Star Fox, Free Lancer and much much more!... will be bring you info about this soon!"

"This series has been going on too long when I here two kids say 'They should make one of these but in WW2' (frankly, I think Modern Warfare has created a demand for a WW2 Shooter... maybe that's their plan.)"

Call of Duty: World at War?

I have to say that GRID 2 should be a good one, but only if they don't butcher it like they did with Dirt. Also their Ego engine needs more graphic improvement if they want to stay ahead.

Another racer coming out is KartSim, which has been in development for 6-7 years now and should be entering beta at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
Chivalry free weekend ATM!  Might be worth a few yucks!

EDIT: Just saw that you have it already Rarek.  Hah

Hell, I'll still play it with ya! It seems horrendously spammy until you start using feinting a lot. Then it become more... sorta... "block-feint-stab-kill-win".

Hell, I'll still play it with ya! It seems horrendously spammy until you start using feinting a lot. Then it become more... sorta... "block-feint-stab-kill-win".

Yeah, it's not fantastically tactical, but I am finding it rather fun.  After playing DayZ for hours yesterday, anything with a bit more pace + power is a welcome change!

Yeah, it's not fantastically tactical, but I am finding it rather fun.

Aye. Unfortunately, nine times out of ten a two-on-one situation would result in the poor single fella being obliterated. One-on-one duels can be pretty fun though; like playing feint chicken.

• 2 weeks later...
@Kyrie that sounds like my kind of game :D

I couldn't agree more, it's great and definitely something to consider speed running if you get to play/learn it enough. Although I can imagine routing a game like that would be an utter nightmare. 

Even though the new update wasn't too great, you could give RuneScape a try.

Runescape! That's a blast from the past! Every time I try that game so much has changed I just have no idea what's going on. :D

far cry 3 looks really awesome

Far Cry 3 is awesome! ^_^ Gets a little repetitive after a while, but you end up finding horrendously ingenious ways to eliminate the baddies. :P

As for me, however (and Kyrie, I believe), it's time for Dead Space 3! Can't wait to record some of that shit on co-op and get it onto YouTube! :)