Version 2.86D..

Winter

So, when I went online on EU #1 about two days back, after playing on an empty EU #2 with Version 2.86C for a while, I decided that it was time for me to see what the new version had in store! After doing FOB missions for like three hours, I literally became a bit addicted with it, so I was hyped to continue doing it on EU #1, but as I logged in, chose my slot.. I looked at the map!

"An AO at Kalithea, right next to the spawn. Now isn't that just great? The FOB's gonna be so close now!"

After searching the map for about five minutes, I came to realize..

"... But there is no FOB mission!"

Spoiler

They got removed, Sherlock.

After that shocking experience of viewing the changelog and learning that FOB missions got removed, I went to ask Iranzan why that's the case. He couldn't give me an answer, either! So I'm now making this topic to learn about the shocking truth: Why FOB missions got removed! :(

I don't know the official reason, but the FOB missions were creating a lot of problems IMO...

First off, people RARILY did them. I think it's great that you found joy in doing them, and I agree that they were fun, but you'd find people doing them once every FEW DAYS at best. I & A's goal is to expand on what the playerbase wants, and so on

Second, the clean up scripts with the FOB vehicles didn't work very well with each other. Often, you'd have a plethora of useless HEMMT trucks laying around and clogging up the vehicle spawn because you would (literally) have 20+ trucks that you'd either have to nag a Spartan or Admin to delete or demo them, which also caused a metric ton of server lag for a while until their wrecks despawned.

And we all know what lag causes...

428.png

4 hours ago, Liru the Lcpl. said:

I don't know the official reason, but the FOB missions were creating a lot of problems IMO...

First off, people RARILY did them. I think it's great that you found joy in doing them, and I agree that they were fun, but you'd find people doing them once every FEW DAYS at best. I & A's goal is to expand on what the playerbase wants, and so on

Second, the clean up scripts with the FOB vehicles didn't work very well with each other. Often, you'd have a plethora of useless HEMMT trucks laying around and clogging up the vehicle spawn because you would (literally) have 20+ trucks that you'd either have to nag a Spartan or Admin to delete or demo them, which also caused a metric ton of server lag for a while until their wrecks despawned.

And we all know what lag causes...

428.png

Yes, I'm well aware that the truck spawning was a little.. buggy, or something. However you want to call it, doesn't matter, bleh. But flat-out removing the FOB missions is a little radical. Let's just hope they re-appear in a later version. Never gonna forget that FOB mission night with John McClane, Tarran etc., was plenty of fun with those guys! :ph34r:

• 1 month later...
On 16.6.2016 at 3:38 PM, PERO said:

Right now, we are not planning to put them back in

Poslano z mojega D2403 z uporabo Tapatalk

While this doesn't make me happy, I understand the decision. Guess we players just have to wait and see what the future brings! :P

FOB -Forward Operating Base- Missions involved driving a truck of some sort - Medical, Supply, Fuel - from Base to a forward location closer to the AO.

They were fun Missions that involved some ambushes along the way, usually requiring a few players to work together to be successful.

Tryed The FOB miss one of first Times on The EU1. But was to new so did not complete it.

Just a though after Reading other post abort revive. (Sry for eventual spelling errors)

That The Med -hemmt is only place to get revived or need transport to Medbay. Or else need to respawn. Would promote team play. Just a thought.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk