EU3: Best Moments and Features

Good lord a lot of my videos being shared on here! XP

I think one of my all time favourite moments on EU3 was when me and Johnson went to set up a mortar position in the Altis Stadium while Alpha had to assault a small town nearby, what was supposed to be a simple fire support mission turned into hell when me and Johnson got assaulted by 2-3x MBT's, 3x GAZ's and about 40+ infantry just from ambient AI, we fought them off for about 30 minutes before we started to run out of ammunition and got swarmed, by this point I had been shot in the head while firing off my last magazine and Johnson was trapped from 3 sides at the top of the stands as Russian infantry flooded the every doorway, luckily, Pancake came in a chopper and managed to Evac him through heavy fire just in time. Though I was killed and Johnson was wounded and had very limited ammo, we still managed to destroy 1 tank, 2 GAZ's and kill more than we could of counted of the infantry with limited ammo and what little time we had to use the mortar before we didn't have time to keep doing calculations. Johnson should write a Lone Survivor book! XD

I think out all of those previous videos, the Viper one is probably my favorite. When Pancake made that turn and the tail rotor snapped and the chopper began to spin out of control towards a mountain left me in tears.

Here's some additional videos for banter! #shamelessadvertising

When finding out if the tank is active or not goes horribly wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMBxxwAiJC8

A fight to secure the northern flank while alpha takes the objective gets too hairy and leads to me crawling through a ditch crying out for help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVLfD77e-z0

Last but not least, who could forget the good ol' Hunt IR incident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RhgUh8UE00

22 minutes ago, Minipily said:

I think one of my all time favourite moments on EU3 was when me and Johnson went to set up a mortar position in the Altis Stadium while Alpha had to assault a small town nearby, what was supposed to be a simple fire support mission turned into hell when me and Johnson got assaulted by 2-3x MBT's, 3x GAZ's and about 40+ infantry just from ambient AI, we fought them off for about 30 minutes before we started to run out of ammunition and got swarmed, by this point I had been shot in the head while firing off my last magazine and Johnson was trapped from 3 sides at the top of the stands as Russian infantry flooded the every doorway, luckily, Pancake came in a chopper and managed to Evac him through heavy fire just in time. Though I was killed and Johnson was wounded and had very limited ammo, we still managed to destroy 1 tank, 2 GAZ's and kill more than we could of counted of the infantry with limited ammo and what little time we had to use the mortar before we didn't have time to keep doing calculations. Johnson should write a Lone Survivor book! XD

I didn't rescue him, I got nailed by an RPG as I tried to lift off and ended up careening into the commentators box, killing me as the choppers controls died around me. Good banter though. The return trip was hilarious, using a gmg humvee to bombard the stadium so we could land and grab him

1 hour ago, Pancake said:

I didn't rescue him, I got nailed by an RPG as I tried to lift off and ended up careening into the commentators box, killing me as the choppers controls died around me. Good banter though. The return trip was hilarious, using a gmg humvee to bombard the stadium so we could land and grab him

Oh fuck yeah I remember that with the humvee, good banter all around, no doubt you chopper blades chopped up my dead body in the commentator tower where I had my final stand.

+1 for entrenching tool, building a trench on chern, in a doorway with dudes running at you. 10/10 saved lives and was hilarious lying in a hole feet away from dudes with aks because I was out of ammo

That or the countless hilarious moments flying as vortex :P 

Or a certain pilot managing this:

Spoiler

B0F04A30361CE91880E37372F84B706B09CDE912

They will remain nameless hehehe

I have had many fun times on eu3 from fun things like this:

To full missions that I didnt get recorded, one I remember was ryko as asl me and shadow as FTL the teamwork we had that day was amazing and having a laugh at the same time it was the relaxed serious gameplay and had tonnes of laughs in and a successful mission. I remember it well because I was going to post it and highlight the effectiveness of our comms to each other.

29 minutes ago, Copey said:

That or the countless hilarious moments flying as vortex :P 

Or a certain pilot managing this:

Hide contents

B0F04A30361CE91880E37372F84B706B09CDE912

They will remain nameless hehehe

That sort of thing happened to me, me and Johnson were in a Littlebird doing Recon and I got headshot while flying in a loiter at 600m, Johnson was AFK at the time and when he got back he found that the chopper, on it's own, had slowly circled down towards the ground, hit a telephone pole, flipped and was hanging on its side on a house in Zargabad. Luck? No, just after death skill.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/401180983526561481/F63E08BA8EE8BDD5555BF5D8AF36833E20EFB837/

Best moments for me were when I came up with a very experimental plan for an AO, everything went to plan, had no casualties and everyone had a blast. Then afterwards people walked up to me to tell me that was one of the most fun AO's they had done.

Pancake, Johnson and Mini, you guys are very special that you always end up in such sticky situations. Always brings tears when I see another short appear of you guys... You guys really are a bunch...

I remember the times I stepped up to PLT co for the first few times, most of them ended in horrible recreations of WW1, but the one where I organised an attack on a radar instillation by the Balota airfield is one of my finest plans, using an open topped HEMMT, a chinook and the length of the runway down there to get the trucks heading just right.

We ended up going at about 200 kmph down that runway before slowing down to sane speeds, the fact the front of the truck didn't dig in and flip us over to die was a miracle.

• 4 months later...