@lamminrevityin I agree, I for one am not going to buy Apex and I'm sure anyone who doesn't have it as well as myself will be particularly annoyed if we have to leave the server if Tanoa gets chosen after a #mission. We've basically gotta decide if we wanna swap regulars who don't have Apex for those who are new and have the DLC.

12 minutes ago, Blue-958- said:

@lamminrevityin I agree, I for one am not going to buy Apex and I'm sure anyone who doesn't have it as well as myself will be particularly annoyed if we have to leave the server if Tanoa gets chosen after a #mission. We've basically gotta decide if we wanna swap regulars who don't have Apex for those who are new and have the DLC.

I'm not planning on getting it. The other concern would be that if Apex were integrated into the server, from what I've seen, non-Apex players won't even be able to see Apex assets, so it's not even a case of 'there are shiny things, but YOU can't use them'.

EDIT: Looks like I may be wrong. Reddit Apex FAQ Megathread says otherwise in point 2, but has no references.

Edited by Harrod200
Nope

10 minutes ago, Harrod200 said:

non-Apex players won't even be able to see Apex assets, so it's not even a case of 'there are shiny things, but YOU can't use them'.

You wont be able to enter mission which uses assets like buildings and objects that are used on Tanoa expansion. Weapons, gear and vehicles will behave like it was with DLCs. You can even use them for an extent (pasanger role in vehicles, equping gear through VAS or Arsenal) but you will have to sometimes endure pop-up advertisements like with marksman DLC.

9 minutes ago, Harrod200 said:

I'm not planning on getting it. The other concern would be that if Apex were integrated into the server, from what I've seen, non-Apex players won't even be able to see Apex assets, so it's not even a case of 'there are shiny things, but YOU can't use them'.

you will be able to see them. just like marksman dlc stuff or helicopters from helicopter dlc. and from what i know you can even use them, you'll just have an annoying overlay after sometime.

13 hours ago, Colsta said:

lammin, I'm assuming that's the team composition change from 2x5x5 to 4x4x4 and the change that requires a SL/PlatCo to start the missions.

Correct, the former being excellent, the latter being indifferent.

22 hours ago, Pancake said:

If some people lost the stigma they had towards vanilla gear that'd be nice, I prefer the 6.5mm stuff compared to the regurgitated AR15 looking things so the fact I can't take them despite the role weapon list has them down is a tad annoying.

As for improving toxicity, couldn't say, I don't normally get hurt or annoyed if someone calls me whatever, sticks and stones and all that. People willing to take some responsibility more often would be good, allow the people who normally have to take ASL or PLT Co to play something else if they wanted too.

I pretty much agree, but as long as we do use a bunch of mod AR15s, I kinda do like that we're not running around with 6.5 as well.

It's quite rare that ammo is ever shared, but there are some of us who always carry Vanilla 5.56, just in case. I personally like the idea of most of us using the same caliber, and I still hope we can get to a point where sharing ammo becomes more common.

I'd prefer using Vanilla weapons. More mods bring more complications, and the Vanilla stuff is balanced far better IMO.

7 minutes ago, Amentes said:

I still hope we can get to a point where sharing ammo becomes more common.

Most of my loadouts have 8 mags in the vest. That's enough to last me through 2-3 full missions. Perhaps if we were using 7.62 which is heavier and comes in lower capacity magazines we'd have more sharing, but 5.56 is so light it's easy to lug around a small armoury's worth without hurting your stamina. If I'm AAR and there's space in my bag left over after a couple of cans, I'll fill that with mags too for any sharing needs but as you say, it's pretty rare. I've hardly even seen ARs grab ammo from their AAR.

I find I'm using a lot less ammo too now that I've switch to full-tracer ammo and can more effectively adjust my aim position; the night time firefight yesterday made it look like a fair few others were doing the same. Combined with my favourite RCO sight with its pretty accurate range guide and it's a combination of being fairly ammo efficient, and carrying a lot of it.

A rule to say 'no more than X mags for personal use' would certainly increase sharing and cooperation, but I think might be a bit far, and hard to enforce.

15 hours ago, Amentes said:

Without guidance from above, this rift will not heal.

I'll poke the hornet's nest and claim that this is right up there with the major issues we face. Months ago during the community meeting, we were promised an increase in communication between staff and players. So far, I've seen none of that. On EU3 we have more active mods and they do an excellent job being the glue between loose planks during play, but they can only do so much.

Communication, to me, includes guidance and a firm grip on things. It's right there in the word, it literally means to bring together, to share. Instead we got divided. Lately we've seen shifts in the repo that were unannounced to the general public, changes in Gauntlet and just an altogether lack of making sure stuff works before claiming it's finished and done. The repo was updated and didn't work for the better part of a day, which I'm sure could have been avoided had there been proper testing. Unless you were present by chance when it was casually mentioned in a conversation a week before, the requirement for a leading position will have surprised you. Mentioning there were "not just two" reasons for something but then not going into any detail only sparks rumours and division. I've seen many such instances when somebody got insufficient data, or had a slip of the tongue, brought it up somewhere else and fuelled scepticism. 

We don't need a backstage pass, but I'm confident that some insight into where EU3 is meant to be taken would help tremendously. For a while now both parties seemed oblivious to what the other is up to, what each side wants. People open up to each other in group discussions, but those don't help. On the contrary, they make things worse in the long run, for reasons outlined above. There are assumptions around that don't need to be there, simply because the community feels like the higher-ups don't listen anyway. This thread is good. Show them that they do.

3 hours ago, SkullCollector said:

I'll poke the hornet's nest and claim that this is right up there with the major issues we face. Months ago during the community meeting, we were promised an increase in communication between staff and players. So far, I've seen none of that. On EU3 we have more active mods and they do an excellent job being the glue between loose planks during play, but they can only do so much.

Communication, to me, includes guidance and a firm grip on things. It's right there in the word, it literally means to bring together, to share. Instead we got divided. Lately we've seen shifts in the repo that were unannounced to the general public, changes in Gauntlet and just an altogether lack of making sure stuff works before claiming it's finished and done. The repo was updated and didn't work for the better part of a day, which I'm sure could have been avoided had there been proper testing. Unless you were present by chance when it was casually mentioned in a conversation a week before, the requirement for a leading position will have surprised you. Mentioning there were "not just two" reasons for something but then not going into any detail only sparks rumours and division. I've seen many such instances when somebody got insufficient data, or had a slip of the tongue, brought it up somewhere else and fuelled scepticism. 

We don't need a backstage pass, but I'm confident that some insight into where EU3 is meant to be taken would help tremendously. For a while now both parties seemed oblivious to what the other is up to, what each side wants. People open up to each other in group discussions, but those don't help. On the contrary, they make things worse in the long run, for reasons outlined above. There are assumptions around that don't need to be there, simply because the community feels like the higher-ups don't listen anyway. This thread is good. Show them that they do.

I like this post, I would have posted to the same effect with addition of the following...

At the most recent community meeting, I asked questions about EU#3 and the direction it was going - I didn't get anything close to a complete answer, I recommend anyone in this thread go and find the recording and listen to it.  I really appreciate the work Ryko has done, even if I didn't agree with it all, and if as has been suggested he went "out of line", the leaders at the community meeting couldn't define that "line" for me so what the hell would anyone expect.

Needless to say I haven't frequented EU#3/AW much since, and returning to read posts about discussions behind closed doors that I'm not important enough to know about from people more long-lived and deserving than me doesn't exactly instill any confidence.

Most shockingly what I experienced the past weekend after a long hiatus (and more to follow, I hope to be back mid July), was in which way AO's were approached. Communication was lacking and people tended to steer away from ASL or CMD. I was pleasantly surprised when I had to take ASL. I was inserted and we all got killed soon after. As the new ASL people seemed happy to take on a new more elaborate plan and I even received comments about how elaborate I managed to scribble it on the map for a second attempt. Which really didn't take long to make, or explain for that reason, it was mapped out for everyone to read.

Another thing that sparked me as interesting, is at which rate and time people would join and leave. Often after getting killed and not having the patience to drive back or wait for a re-insert caused a lot of disconnects. Even from some regulars I was expecting to have hour on hour sessions only to having to quit myself because the server was close to empty. Then half an hour later it was buzzing again... Often with people who left at around the same time as me.

I'm not going to be very active the coming weeks but I'll try to hop on and take a more pro-active role as SL/CMD I guess one of the issues is that a lot of the newer folks never dealt with the elaborate plans we used to have, the relatively slow paced yet action packed moments that sometimes completely went to shit. Just seeing a LZ or OW marked on the map doesn't seem to me as elaborate. Phase lines, hold points, attack points and in general a coordinated assault is lacking at this time and moment...

It was nice to see some of the regulars after a long time and there's definitely a couple of new players who've proven themselves on the battlefield. Let's #makeEU3greatagain!