Sign in to follow this  
kamaradski

ETS feature request list

Hi all,

I am looking to post a slightly bigger feature request post on the SCS forums. And i was thinking to collect your feedback, and make the post as 'collective feature request from Ahoyworld'.

So, please add your whishlist to this thread and i will collate and post on SCS.

My list so far (listed in order of how bad i want it):

- ETS blinker auto-off is unreliable in comparison to ATS (after taking a corner the blinker often remains on)

- ETS cargo drop-off is too easy in comparison with ATS. Dropping off ETS trailers is too easy and start to get boring really quickly. Slowly but surely work should be done to add the ATS system to ETS, and adapt the loading/dropoff areas into a slightly more challenging setup.

- Heavier loads: The default Semi trailer used in the game currently can hold a real world capacity of roughly 32.000 KG (bringing the total weight of the combination to the default of 40ton), in the game however i have never seen more than 21T per cargo ?

Remove trailer pickup & drop-off aid with menu config option (more realistic without these large icons)

Trailer ownership: In order to pickup a load, you need to own the corresponding trailer(s) and drive the empty trailer to the pick-up point (ergo, Owned trailers would be available in any of the garages you own) Added Bonus: This will force players to expand their area of operation more thoughtfully, otherwise they end up driving ages to pickup the required trailers. And make strategic decisions on what types of trailers to buy in relation to the skill-set they redeem upon levelling up. This would overall increase the depth of the game drastically.

Retractable 3rd wheel on trailer (especially in combination with trailer ownership, or low tonnage hauls). This should be a quick-win, since the game engine already knows how to retract wheels.

- Tandem trailers: This one trailer type is getting boring we are in the need for something more challenging. Tandem trailers will give you the opportunity to add 2 new different types of pivots points for more interesting gameplay.  I drive a lot in the real world and have crossed most EU countries at least once by car, and these Tandem combinations make up of roughly 30% of real traffic i would say. (see picture examples)

4528.jpgOldtimers-nieuws-2.jpg

Option to purchase a 'open-pipe' exhaust that would produce louder engine noise and maybe 5% increase in horsepower. especially in combination with the heavy cargo DLC. Basically only because louder engines are more cool to drive. (dont forget this should significantly make the engine break LOUD :) )

WorldOfTrucks VTC feature, I am really waiting for this, some more social interaction and support for virtual companies. Including per VTC rankings, Global Rankings & Global VTC Rankings.

More stats on WOT: fuel used per load, cargo Damage, list of historical trips, Generic truck maintenance stats like a service history (for use in VTC and ranking), etc...

- Older classical trucks (scania 111, volvo F10, etc..) I know many of us are waiting for this :P

Split delivery: deliver part of the load in the one location, and another part at another location. Example: pick up a load of apples from some farm and deliver them to 5 different supermarkets)

- Clickable Dashboard: For those with head-tracking/steeringwheel, etc, it would be nice if the Dashboard of the truck is clickable by mouse. Example use the mouse to press a button to turn on the hazard lights or handbrake. (you see this often in FlightSims too)

- More extensive use of the ingame company logos: I have seen mods that offer: Transporter Vans in the color of the in-game companies, truck skins for the in-game companies, this sounds like a logical thing that should be available in the default game.

- Ability to drive the transporter van (maybe with a small 2axle trailer) to make smaller deliveries (could be like DHL delivery and deliver at residential places of smaller companies. there are many locations in-game already that could be used for this)

- Exhaust smoke & heat: Especially for the older trucks (pre EURO6), Broken trucks, or the 'openpipe' from Heavy Cargo (as requested above), will also work nicely in combination with different gear changing setups.

Air suspension & realistic damage when picking up trailers (tug test with legs on ground, ramming/missing the kingpin, driving off with suspension down, ripping lines off if not disconnected).

Mirrors that are not useless (they are zoomed way out iirc and you can't see anything) 

Difflock

Load transfer

Create scenarios/yards/terrain to utilise the above

Container trailer sliding with handling implications, if you have a heavy 20ft in the closed position it will make driving very difficult and under some conditions impossible.  

Unpredictable load in trailer, if you have a badly loaded trailer your CG could be really high.

Engine smoke when it's a cold engine, like when a car engine is cold you'll see it in the exhaust, it's 20x bigger on a truck, like a cloud! 

Blinkers have an option in game, either they automatically turn off or not. Even if you have it set to turn off automatically, they sometimes dont, depends on how much you steer into that direction and back. I`ve seen that happen IRL as well.

Depots for ETS will be slowly redone in the ATS way, at least they said that when ATS came out. But I do support it.

Heavier loads, big thumbs up for that.

Parking aid, I would love to see that happen in vanilla, so we dont have to use mods for that.

Trailer ownership will not happen in ETS/ATS due to the engine limitations.

Tandems are in work, no ETA on anything, but SCS CEO said they are experimenting with it for some time now and improvements have been done.

WoT is WIP as well, most of the things you described are planned.

The only request I actually have is better trailer models. Some are being redone already, they have signed a contract with one of the manufactures. We already saw a sneak peak in the announcement for WoT to be picked ingame.