EU3 Slots Configs

EU3 Slot Config  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What slots would you prefer?

• 2 x 5 x 5
    • 4 x 4 x 4
    • Other (Write Down In comments please)

4x4x4

Buddy teams work as intended with equal numbers, Marksman is removed from the Fireteam and put at the Squad level, Grenadier was useless as Team Leads already have that option, Engineer has been moved from Platoon level to the Squad level.

It was most certainly discussed, there's a forum thread.

10 minutes ago, Amentes said:

4x4x4

Buddy teams work as intended with equal numbers, Marksman is removed from the Fireteam and put at the Squad level, Grenadier was useless as Team Leads already have that option, Engineer has been moved from Platoon level to the Squad level.

It was most certainly discussed, there's a forum thread.

No, there is not.

There is a single 10 man sqaud vote. Which was Strongly voted against over 65%

It was a completely different suggestion and a New Thread Should have been made. You can just cant discuss about something different from the title as it is misleading. There for it was not discussed with players of ahoyworld.

Your Argument is invalid.

A thread was posted outlining a change Ryko was considering. He was given reason to reconsider that change, by way of a number of cons pointed out to him by players.

An alternative version of said change, one that would take into consideration said cons, while keeping the pros envisioned in the original proposal, and players responded favorably to that.

Seems to me like that's a pretty textbook definition of discussion and constructive criticism.

Well... Erm whut? 

Here is what probably should have happened.

sql, medic, marksman

5xft1

5xft2

with sql controlling the marksman and deploying him where it is needed and the fire teams continuing there role.

what is going on with eu3? 

Why every message I get about it is negative?

please someone fill me in.

9 minutes ago, Amentes said:

A thread was posted outlining a change Ryko was considering. He was given reason to reconsider that change, by way of a number of cons pointed out to him by players.

An alternative version of said change, one that would take into consideration said cons, while keeping the pros envisioned in the original proposal, and players responded favorably to that.

Seems to me like that's a pretty textbook definition of discussion and constructive criticism.

Well no one wanted 10 man or change, Why change to 4x4x4 without asking anyone else other then you and one other noob. WHEN 65% voted to KEEP IT HOW IT WAS AND THEN SOMEONE THINKS IT GOOD TO CHANGE IT.

Ghost i have zero respect for you now, have a good day bye.

AhoyWorld is not a democracy. Leaders are appointed by royal decree, and serve at the pleasure of the monarch.

As you have pointed out yourself, the poll lost all meaning when changes were made to the proposal, but it's worth considering that discussion isn't restricted to the forums alone, and you have no way of knowing who or how many people Ryko consulted on this matter.

On another note, please try to maintain a civil discussion. Ghost's point is very valid, and while I wasn't going to make the point myself, I am now forced to support him in doing so.

Sticking your fingers in your ears and going "la-la-la" will not assist you in making your case, and losing respect for someone doing you the favor of pointing that out to you only adds inches to your foxhole.

Can I just highlight a few points on the democracy note:

1. Changes relating to eu3 should be discussed in the eu3 mods channel on telegram.

2. The team then decides what happens relating to said point 1.

3. Chris is the head of eu3, correct me if I'm wrong, not ryko?

4. Ryko was "maintaining" gauntlet to keep it stable till valiant.

6. I'm working at 6:45 it's now 01:00. 

7. Im going to sleep now probably gonna be late cause I got woken up over this.

8. Calm down boys. The peoples democratic of ahoyworld will fix this.

Yo! 

@Amentes, @Ghostdragon, @Bloo Flar3

Chill the fuck out and act like gentlemen. I get that you disagree with each other here. But we are not going to this level. Stop posting for a day and let it sizzle out. Let's host some sort of emergency cobra meeting and get this shit sorted out.

you guys don't need be hating on each other becauses of this shit c'mon

now I'm going to bed. Post peacefully whirl I try to sleep. 

39 minutes ago, Josh said:

what is going on with eu3? 

Why every message I get about it is negative?

please someone fill me in.

I won't presume to have all the answers, but I'd wager it depends who you ask, and whether you ask at all.

Unsolicited opinions will always sway towards the negative; happy people rarely comment on status quo.

I've yet to see anyone have a serious grievance on #3 about these changes, and so far, I believe the slots config change has had positive effects.

AhoyWorld is not a democracy.

This is indeed the case.

Changes relating to eu3 should be discussed in the eu3 mods channel on telegram.

This occurred.

There for it was not discussed with players of ahoyworld.

This is also the case.

You are welcome to play on Ahoyworld EU3.  You are also welcome to disagree with the changes made to the missions.

- R