Have you pre-ordered Apex?

Ryko

Have you pre-ordered Apex?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Have you pre-ordered Apex?

• Yeah! Super pumped.
    • Not yet, I might if the reviews are good.
    • No, and I don't plan to.

I'm happy to pay for the Apex DLC anytime as long as its reasonable. BI's previous DLCs were questionable and in my opinion should had been in the main game in terms of weapons. People are split because we are used to "other" DLCs where it looks like companies hardly put an effort to make their product and what bothers me the most is that some new games nowadays is essential to have DLCs accompanied to be release when the main game comes out. I think if they are to release any DLCs, there has to be some sort of applied effort from the company and not just "milking" the whole franchise.

The base game of Arma 3 was released in 2013, going to be 3 years now since BI released anything really significant. Like any other player out there I already logged in numerous hours of gameplays etc. plus BI is still supporting the main game with continuous updates. If you want to support "good" gaming companies with only a few of them in existence in terms of releasing a good product than one way is to support them. I already pre-purchased Apex because I know I will get my $ worth and I trust BI with what they're doing and if they fail with Apex than they will lose one valued customer. $35CAD is a lot, but with 700+ hrs in game time I know I can stretch the DLC in terms of utility and get my monies worth.

Sorry for the long post,

Ren

15 hours ago, Jason. said:

I'm not sure how you came to that. In the link you posted it says:

"all vehicles, weapons and character gear will work as it did in previous DLC. You will be able to try them freely in VR Arsenal / Garage. When you encounter and use them outside of that mode as non-owner, you will meet various limitations and messages."

So it will work the same way as the helicopter and marksmen DLCs, all players will be able to see and use the new vehicles/weapons.

That's the first part on that topic, in the next paragraph they explain their licensing for Apex and the reasons behind it.

5 hours ago, Tyberius said:

That's the first part on that topic, in the next paragraph they explain their licensing for Apex and the reasons behind it.

I think you're misunderstanding what they're saying.

"The difference is the Tanoa terrain itself. Here you really need to own Apex to gain access, whether in the editor or multiplayer or any other avenue. Not only that, but the Tanoa-specific data, such as environmental objects and structures, is only downloaded to Apex owners."

They only say that about the Tanoa map itself, and the new environmental objects/structures that come with it.

That does NOT include the new vehicles and weapons.

Hmm, I guess I somewhat jumped the gun there and misunderstood it a bit, but we'll see on release day how they've handled it. (Also if the vehicles come to Eu1&2, I'd propose "NATO-VTOL as reward only based on the armed character of it [maybe same chance as the wipeout or sth like that])

Last i checked i m pretty sure APEX plays "standalone" so basically you cannot mix assets like in A2+OA before by default,at least that s how i understood it by devs a few months ago ... might be wrong,but i really cba to keep on track with BI pathetic information policy.

@Max 

- midrange texture impl.

- fastrope

- AI skill

@Ghostdragon

why would i complain about a random discount or 1 pack of cigarettes i need to pay more?

Looks like you got the wrong train there ...

@Ryko

what a lousy response :blink:

9 hours ago, TheScar said:

@Max 

- midrange texture impl.

- fastrope

- AI skill

fastrope is in the game, im not sure if its part of helicopters dlc or not, and the AI difficulty revamp was included in a recent update.

... but does it work ?

Please dont turn this into a debate,i m not interested in any - you can always PM me if you feel the need to exchange facts :blink:

Like said,not pre-ordering this due to obvious reasons

Move on people,there s nothing to see here :wub:

Of course this is a cash grab.

Arma 3 has been out for close to three years. If anyone expects BI to support, develop and improve a game with a following of this magnitude for free, excuse me, but get out. Up-front sales will only get you so far.

It's how business works. Arma has opened up a niche market and they're definitely not sorry for any profit they make. And why should they be? Would anyone rather have Arma ditched on the side of the road after, what, v1.04? We had major platform updates, a couple free and three arguably useful paid DLC. The modding scene is one of the liveliest around. If anything, I'd take this as an opportunity to see what else they have in store for us come end of the year.

Last i checked i m pretty sure APEX plays "standalone" so basically you cannot mix assets like in A2+OA before by default,at least that s how i understood it by devs a few months ago ... might be wrong,but i really cba to keep on track with BI pathetic information policy.

@Max 

- midrange texture impl.

- fastrope

- AI skill

@Ghostdragon

why would i complain about a random discount or 1 pack of cigarettes i need to pay more?

Looks like you got the wrong train there ...

@Ryko

what a lousy response :blink:

Ok scar how about you go to work for the next 3 years and don't get anything for it then when it comes to releasing what you have worked on you release it for free? Seems fair to me if you don't think that products are worth paying for? Or is it only when you have to pay for them?

4 hours ago, Ryko said:

For everyone saying we can't possibly host anything with Tanoa on ahoyworld because it'll split the community: this will happen anyway when players leave ahoyworld to play Tanoa elsewhere.

Wait...

wait wait wait...

If Ahoyworld has multiple servers...and you decide to turn one into Tanoa... but you already have done this to make the EU 3 modded server... and you still have days where all of the freaking servers are full...

how would the "new" server "split the community"

It's the "fear of the unknown" aspect of human nature, isn't it >_>'

flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

@H2K: Yeah. Bohemia interactive studio is making for us more "classic" guns like HK416/7, AKMs, M249 because everybody cried for them when A3 released and you nitpick unfinished product in development. I get it that some developers will rather make a polished trailer which is loosely based on how will end product look (looking at you Ubisoft), but I like more this honest way of presentation.

Of course, there will be bugs even on release, but I will still play it and enjoy it like I do since 2001.

Edit: If you load up Apex sneak preview, you will notice that hand placement is already fixed.

15 hours ago, H2K said:

10/10 for BI

The new ghost recon had a similar thing in it's trailer

I've pre-ordered apex and already played around with the stuff, really liking the direction Arma has gone, much to the disagreement of about 80% of the community but heyho. Only so many games I can play where I'm some apple pie loving yank toting an AR15 derivative before I'm completely bored of the character concept. Given the design choice of the latest gauntlet versions to remove anything to "futuristic" I doubt we'll see any of the Apex content though. Not to mention how BI is handling dlc assests now, where a single apex item in an otherwise all vanilla mission will require you to have apex before you can play it