Have you pre-ordered Apex?

Ryko

Have you pre-ordered Apex?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Have you pre-ordered Apex?

• Yeah! Super pumped.
    • Not yet, I might if the reviews are good.
    • No, and I don't plan to.

I'd buy it now to save the 7 bucks, doubt it will drop lower than the 20% during the steam summer sale based on how Bohemia has priced things in the past with their new content.

In terms of the map, AI changes, new campaign and faction, I would argue this is Operation Arrowhead 2.0, and this is definitely worth your money. And yes, give EU 1 or EU 2 I & A 3 with it. The amount of new content, almost limitless new Zeus potential, and all around hype will make it well worth the effort. Plus, to be one of the only ArmA communities with a fully working new map would surly bring in a lot more people (good and bad >_<')

Just Liru's 2 cents 'cuz I'm an American scrub.

Also, feel free to look and join in on our other conversations about Apex below...

and...

Operate Operationally ladies and gents B)

Edited by Liru the Lance Corpral
Because I'm s*** at adding in links!

35 minutes ago, John McClane said:

To get the development build/ Early access (Map Only) In your steam library go to [Steam->Arma 3-> Properties->Betas-> Select the Development build in the drop down, No access code needed if you pre ordered the game. 

I should also mention that we have it running on a server for testing purposes, so feel free to join us on teamspeak for its info! B)

Anyone seen this? just watched it, it has sick new weapons and vehicles and a 4 player co-op campaign! Wondering if anyone is interested in teaming up to complete it. They said the more people, the more difficult the gameplay will be and eta for campaign is 6-8 hours depending on the play style. So pumped!

-Ren

Edited by Eddie
ingame name

1 hour ago, Max said:

When it comes to EU#1 & 2, will we be expecting to see any of the new vehicles?

Probably not, because they said you need Apex to even see the new assets as they will be downloadable only for buyers which would split up our playerbase because non-owners couldn't join anymore which would be conflicting with the purpose of Eu1&2.

(Source: Scroll down to "Logistics")

1 hour ago, Tyberius said:

Probably not, because they said you need Apex to even see the new assets as they will be downloadable only for buyers which would split up our playerbase because non-owners couldn't join anymore which would be conflicting with the purpose of Eu1&2.

I'm not sure how you came to that. In the link you posted it says:

"all vehicles, weapons and character gear will work as it did in previous DLC. You will be able to try them freely in VR Arsenal / Garage. When you encounter and use them outside of that mode as non-owner, you will meet various limitations and messages."

So it will work the same way as the helicopter and marksmen DLCs, all players will be able to see and use the new vehicles/weapons.

as the usual german in me can only complain legit when paying full price and what is 20% / 6E for a awfull rich person like me anyway?

clearly NO for the pre-order

And quite honestly,the first weeks of a new game isnt all that interesting untill the first COOP missions come up made be modders that needed time to adapt to the "new" game possibilities ...

Speaking of that,its still a hoax and we all know BI took (once again) the easy way and cash the cow a 4th time while delivering a capped version of promised features and stuff they will implement "later" ... heard that one before,dont we?

Buying it,but more due the fact there s nearly no similar game on the market offering me what this game does.

#true story

3 hours ago, Tyberius said:

I thought they said they'd allow everyone to download the assets to see them and be passenger, but not use them as well as display advertisement for it? Or does that only apply to helo/marksman/karts?

10 minutes ago, TheScar said:

Speaking of that,its still a hoax and we all know BI took (once again) the easy way and cash the cow a 4th time while delivering a capped version of promised features and stuff they will implement "later" ... heard that one before,dont we?

What did they say they would have but which hasn't already been implemented?

i would beg to differ scar, a lot off people play this game a lot (almost everyday) and will have got the game for a lot less than most games will cost now. so i think that giving the developer that has supported this game for a long time and will continue to do so some money and repaying them for the time that has been spent supporting this game is worth it and i think people should stop complaining about a 20% off because they think that everything in life should be free and they are gods gift.

Am I wrong in my impression that Tanoa will be free for all?

As far as I've understood it, weapons and vehicles will be under the same restrictions as the previous DLC assets, exactly to ensure that the playerbase isn't segregated.

Am I wrong in my impression that Tanoa will be free for all?

As far as I've understood it, weapons and vehicles will be under the same restrictions as the previous DLC assets, exactly to ensure that the playerbase isn't segregated.

Vehicles you are right as far as I know, weapons I'm not sure but to play the map the DLC will be a requirement.