Limiting Arsenal

Dear Community, 

I understand that the the arsenal has been limited in that there are certain weapons that you can't get but I feel as if there is still to much. I understand that this is not a real Milsim group and that we don't have strict rules but it's time to grow up. I have seen life servers that are stricter with uniforms and weapons when it come to factions of tactical operations. We need to drastically limit the uniforms in EU3 to uniforms with tactical use. Certain maps should only allow certain uniforms and these uniforms should complement the role and location. And for gods sake the team should match for friendly fire purposes! The preset uniforms right now are good but need some tweaking. An there are so many weapons to chose from that any role can be anything. Maybe limit the weapons to 3 to 4 per role so things like mag count and others can be replenished by your buddies. This Is not eu1 or eu2. EU3 comes with responsibility and the agreement to work together as a highly operational unit. It's time to dress and operate like one. If you have any suggestions for uniform tweaks you would like to see please list them below. 

Ryko I know it's hard work and I am not trying to replace anything. Sorry if I insulted you or anyone else that develops for this community. I am a texture developer and admin for another community called arma network my name is Steve Sanchez and I can confirm that, so I know how stressful it can be. I have had people want me to change things before and it takes a while for me to get around to it etc. I can create all the sets and post them on here so the community can see them. If anyone else has suggestions for what they would want to see for specific roles then suggest it here. This is a suggestion not an order.

I don't think its that much of a problem, the people who play EU3 are mostly smart enough to not go running round with an M14 EBER as a medic even though its in the arsenal. Even if a new player makes a mistake it only takes a friendly word to set them on the straight and narrow. The weapon and uniform people use contributes to the fun factor of the experience, and ultimately Arma is a game for ejoyment purposes.

As for matching uniforms, as long as it looks NATO-ish and not Russian green or includes a turban, friendly fire will not be a problem

2 hours ago, KPSradical said:

This Is not eu1 or eu2. EU3 comes with responsibility and the agreement to work together as a highly operational unit.

So... dress accordingly. People (or the arsenal in this case) shouldn't have to constantly remind everyone they should.

@Blue-958- The arsenal doesn't allow that anymore. It'll only allow you to take a M14 if you're a Marksman, even if you try to load it from a loadout.

No. 

Just.... NO 

If you want the arsenal limited like this go find a military simulation server that gives all fixed loadouts and no options to what you run. 

This is a fun server and allows us to have customisation and enjoy the features the mods that are on the server in a way that we want. 

I think the arsenal is limited enough as it is and it could be argued that its too limited. (not saying it is or is not i have no opinion on this as i just need a gun i like and some camo :D )

• Ryko locked this topic