How About a New Role in the Servers ? Para Troopers !

Mohamed

Question

I suggest adding a new Role in the EU1 and EU2 Servers which includes Para Troopers , since I started playing on the server I always wanted to get a Parachute with a light kit and go in from the above into the Main AO ! Maybe you think it will be hard to do it because the tigirs well just destroy the helis? well am sure there's a lot of good pilots out there that well be able to get the job done ! so like make another role which is a Pilot just for Parachute drops , it well be really nice and immersive because how can a war not include a Parachute drops ? I hope that you guys can listen to this and tell me your opinion about it ! :) it well be really nice :D 

Edited by xEka17
Grammar Issues :S

18 answers to this question

well the thing is that we need it to be Official so that people start doing it , but if it's not people well start ignoring it and from what I notice people actually use the Parachutes on the heli when the heli is going down or getting hit by a tigirs and not used the right way most of the time  

Paratroopers in the kind of mission we run are not only pointless but outright dangerous. Not only that they don't achieve anything that regular troops can't do better, they also endanger themself and anyone in the Helicopter, the vehicle itself included.

I would rather not see people "start doing it" as this usually leads to losses in lives and equipment. And all that just to have a justification to jump out of an aircraft?

That's not what I meant , I mean that Arma 3 is a simulation for real wars. and in real wars there's para troopers so how can we miss such a role ? and if that is not right for the missions we do atm like Main or other sides then maybe we can get a special Mission with not much AA or not at all like : " A group of CSAT troops is trying to escape out of Altis and rendezvous with the rest of the Army to prepare for an invasion, load up the Helis and rain them down with Para troopers before they can escape ! " therefore they are just a small amount of troops so they won't have AA or tanks or other Vehicles to get our choppers done so a mission like that one would be really good  just for that type of gameplay. this is just my opinion though trying to get the sever even more better :D 

Get yourself a squad together of people who wanna paradrop in and ask a pilot if they want to drop you. 

Some pilots won't but most of them will. 

Paratroopers don't indeed bring anything extra to the I&A servers because of how missions are set up. Most of the time you will be shot out of the sky or you'd have to drop in outside the AO which makes it slower then a normal helo drop. Its possible in Alganthes mission files because his missions are set up in a different way and his AI behaves a little bit different as well. It is a nice concept though but i dont think it would need a dedicated slot because of how little time it can actually be used.

12 hours ago, xEka17 said:

That's not what I meant , I mean that Arma 3 is a simulation for real wars. and in real wars there's para troopers so how can we miss such a role ? and if that is not right for the missions we do atm like Main or other sides then maybe we can get a special Mission with not much AA or not at all like : " A group of CSAT troops is trying to escape out of Altis and rendezvous with the rest of the Army to prepare for an invasion, load up the Helis and rain them down with Para troopers before they can escape ! " therefore they are just a small amount of troops so they won't have AA or tanks or other Vehicles to get our choppers done so a mission like that one would be really good  just for that type of gameplay. this is just my opinion though trying to get the sever even more better :D 

If you want to bring it onto the "we are trying to Sim" path, that digs your hole deeper mate. No military commander in his right mind would have 12 guys jump out of a helicopter when that helicopter would just as well insert them to an LZ. There's no sense in doing that.

There's really only one reason to use parachutes in ArmA, and that's during night time operations when you can drop into an area without being noticed in the same way the noise of a helicopter would.

Other than that, it's just senseless.

When apex comes out we will  have some planes and an osprey. Then you can do halo insertions.

Just wait for that to come out.  

I have operated a paratrooper squad multiple times on gauntlet. Designated as "Rangers" if some recall.

Our casualties on deployment were pretty low and no pilots were endangered in these operations.

In general our success rate was good, Including in operations where friendly squad was under fire,

in center of AO and we dropped on top of them to reinforce them.

I have also personally built and tested different NATO builds to operate in such conditions (without backpacks).

They can do this with ease, with key point such everyone holding their own medical equipment in their person.

Iv heard the stomach backpack have been added now as well. So communication and medical is easier.

If you wish to operate a paratrooper squad, then assemble a separate squad and make it known.

So people knowledges this intention and wont be surprised. Maybe even interested in joining.

Dont know what current policy is to this, but i personally loved the variation. It was awesome.

Iv had one particullary EPIC ranger experience, when zeus decided to take action in operation.

It was something equal to movie "lone survivor", constant enemy pressure in woods/hills without support.

However think we had only 1 actual casualty and everyone els were just f*cked up. :)

On 4-6-2016 at 0:57 AM, xEka17 said:

how can a war not include a Parachute drops ?

yeah, ask zhe Germans on crete or the British on Arnhem.

Maybe learn from the french forces in Dien Bien Phu for their experience in 1954.

All paratroops add something to the fight but most of the time its more spectacular as it is effective...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3552267/Not-Humvee-withstand-dropped-hundreds-feet-earth-Army-destroys-three-vehicles-parachutes-fail-training-mission.html

I love properly executed HALO insertions and they are for me the coolest way to enter an area of operation. 

BUT not on public I&A.

I was once talked to make a para insertion for a squad.

At first, they asked me why am I climbing so high (>2000m). Then they found out I carry ammo, medkits and AT/AA missiles on board instead of parachutes so only two guys jumped and one made it to the ground (where he was almost instantly killed) meanwhile rest of the helicopter was angry at me for not taking parachutes or that it took so long to transport them.

NEVER AGAIN!

BTW: Even with Fixed wing aircraft it will take considerable time to gain altitude (4,5 - 11km) for HALO jump that can cover some distance to the AO by freefall glide.

JuX seems to be talking about EU#3, where we had in fact done parajumps. EU#3 usually does it during nighttime operations, with few exceptions. One such exception would be Sunday's jump into a time-sensitive AO with the intent to secure an LZ for inserting those roles that would be better served with their backpacks intact. Jump happened from about 6-700 meters I believe, and went reasonably well, but such a jump during daytime ops is always fraught with risk.

49 minutes ago, Amentes said:

JuX seems to be talking about EU#3, where we had in fact done parajumps. EU#3 usually does it during nighttime operations, with few exceptions. One such exception would be Sunday's jump into a time-sensitive AO with the intent to secure an LZ for inserting those roles that would be better served with their backpacks intact. Jump happened from about 6-700 meters I believe, and went reasonably well, but such a jump during daytime ops is always fraught with risk.

Indeed i am talking about EU3, but i did all these paradrops during casual gameplay hours.

Even without of long range radios simply cause you couldn't carry a backpack and tuned to other

squads / commands shortwaves to communicate.

In vanilla you wouldn't have to deal with such complexity.

You don't need gamenight to setup a paradropping squad. All you just need are volunteers.

Haven't played the vanilla in ages, but hopefully it still offers people to form their own squads.

On 6 juni 2016 at 1:45 AM, PiranhA said:

yeah, ask zhe Germans on crete or the British on Arnhem.

Maybe learn from the french forces in Dien Bien Phu for their experience in 1954.

All paratroops add something to the fight but most of the time its more spectacular as it is effective...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3552267/Not-Humvee-withstand-dropped-hundreds-feet-earth-Army-destroys-three-vehicles-parachutes-fail-training-mission.html

In Operation Marget Garden, the paratroops were effective and needed to secure the bridges fast. Which worked, also in Arnhem. The biggest problem with Arnhem was that the radio equipment didn't work, the bad weather prefented backup and supplies to be dropped and that the armored backup didn't arrived in time. Instead of holding the bridge for 48 hours they lasted 9 days. 

As for Operation Overlord (d-day), the paratroups were really important for the success by taking out canons and mortergroups so the others could land on the beaches. 

So yeah, paratroups are a vital part of a war when used correctly. 

On 8.6.2016 at 0:22 PM, Lt_Col_Bodo said:

In Operation Marget Garden, the paratroops were effective and needed to secure the bridges fast. Which worked, also in Arnhem. The biggest problem with Arnhem was that the radio equipment didn't work, the bad weather prefented backup and supplies to be dropped and that the armored backup didn't arrived in time. Instead of holding the bridge for 48 hours they lasted 9 days. 

As for Operation Overlord (d-day), the paratroups were really important for the success by taking out canons and mortergroups so the others could land on the beaches. 

So yeah, paratroups are a vital part of a war when used correctly. 

The onlyone that saves some lifes was that fact that the allied Tanks are many and they push fast forward the rest was a slaterhouse one of the biggest mistake in History 1/3 alive the rest death well done Paratroopers. Just for info a army can build a brige in 2 hours.mortar got a range of max 12km a plane a bit more or the guns of a Battleship so no need for para but if you got to many soldieres just drop it behind enemy lines without AT and supplies