Zeus Event: Sunday JUNE 5th 18:00 GMT

Liru the Lcpl.

Operations Begin

This SUNDAY June 5th at 2:00 pm EST (18:00 GMT) I’ll be hosting a Zeus Operation. It’ll be first come first serve and you MUST be on Teamspeak to get the server IP and password

The map will be running an I & A build and we’re allowing the optional EU 1 and 2 mods, and for this operation no mandatory mods are required.

Special rules include: Only use NATO based weaponry, no Armored vehicles or tanks, and standard AhoyWorld rules apply. CobaltCat and I, Lcpl. Liru, reserve the right to kick anyone breaking these rules (but come on guys, just play smart and use common sense and we can all have a good time!)

Also, Pilots, you’ll be doing 2 jobs: ferrying people to the AO AND flying AA jets! I hope you’ve practiced your dogfighting, cause you’re going to need all the flares you can bring!

Alright, onto the mission details:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings Badger-1

We have an interesting assignment for you today, gentlemen. We have a CSAT HVT making some rounds in Altis. His name is Colonel Faj Abdul, and he’s one of the CSAT’s top brass for CSAT operation worldwide. He’s currently touring the island and inspecting CSAT military positions in order to write a report for CSAT’s military council, and up until yesterday we had no idea that this was happening or his exact location.

Thankfully, we have eyes and ears everywhere.

Faj is keeping himself locked away with a massive security detail in Kavala. He’s expected to stay in town for a while, but to ensure he does not escape we’ll be having the major roads guarded by snipers and AT as well as fast movers on standby in case he goes airborn. However, your specific mission is to take down that SOB. We have no idea where he actually is within the town, but we have a few areas in mind for where he might be. Try the administrative buildings, the hospital, or even the castle. Look for large amounts of security and guard infantry, which should point you in the right direction. Just remember that Kavala has a large garrison already. Also, be careful in the city, there’s bound to be a lot of CQB style firefights, and enemies garrisoned within the buildings. Keep cool and don’t get surrounded. Kavala is still a civilian center as well, so we can’t allow CAS or armored vehicles within the city. That being said, try to keep the civilian casualties to a minimum. It’s just more propaganda for the enemy (and there will be consequences within the op!!!).

Objective: Locate and eliminate Colonel Faj Abdul

Secondary objectives: Limit civilian casualties and find and eliminate any ground AA threats in the area for local fast movers.

Time limit: None (why the heck would you want one?)

Enemies: large amount of infantry, possible armored vehicle contact. Expect enemy choppers and fast movers on stand by

Allies: friendly fast movers for counter operations to enemy air assets and allied infantry covering major roadways

Good luck Badger-1

-Badger lead

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available NATO weapons:

MX series

TRG-20

TRG-21

M320 LRR series

MAR-10 series

MK-14 series

MK-18 ABR series

Mk 200

Navid 9.3 (Tan)

Sting

Vermin

SPMG

All titan launchers

Any handgun

This is an AhoyWorld event and we are following the event hosting model found here in the AhoyWorld forums:

http://forums.ahoyworld.net.www389.your-server.de/topic/5186-how-to-host-an-event-on-ahoyworld/

Breaking News!.jpg

On 6/1/2016 at 5:43 PM, Liru the Lance Corpral said:

Special rules include: Only use NATO based weaponry, no Armored vehicles or tanks, and standard AhoyWorld rules apply. CobaltCat and I, Lcpl. Liru, reserve the right to kick anyone breaking these rules (but come on guys, just play smart and use common sense and we can all have a good time!)

Does the TRG-21 count as a 'NATO' weapon?

Ahoy

Few pointers from my perspective.

There was a huge amount of objects placed around Kavala. I appreciate the time you must have put into making these custom bunkers and outpost in backyards and open fields which looked gorgeous from above . Sadly, most of the stuff players missed because we had only a few players on the ground (4 by the end of the mission) and the mission was set up to cater to a larger number of players.

With that comes the lesson you have learned about performance. Creating big "sandbox" missions instead of "location to location" ones is generally a recipe for FPS drops (also: Kavala!). Nearly half of the players left because the mission was unplayable for them.

I had to switch to UAV so I could make myself useful with less performance hugging role. I regret that decision because I could not properly communicate late in the evening and even thou I killed only one civilian in 5 GBU strikes four of those landed near civilian buildings which felt wrong and I do apologise. Also including Greyhawk with 6 ATGM missiles is overkill on any day.

Thank you for the mission.

As always less is more.

Cebi

6 hours ago, Cebi said:

Ahoy

Few pointers from my perspective.

There was a huge amount of objects placed around Kavala. I appreciate the time you must have put into making these custom bunkers and outpost in backyards and open fields which looked gorgeous from above . Sadly, most of the stuff players missed because we had only a few players on the ground (4 by the end of the mission) and the mission was set up to cater to a larger number of players.

With that comes the lesson you have learned about performance. Creating big "sandbox" missions instead of "location to location" ones is generally a recipe for FPS drops (also: Kavala!). Nearly half of the players left because the mission was unplayable for them.

I had to switch to UAV so I could make myself useful with less performance hugging role. I regret that decision because I could not properly communicate late in the evening and even thou I killed only one civilian in 5 GBU strikes four of those landed near civilian buildings which felt wrong and I do apologise. Also including Greyhawk with 6 ATGM missiles is overkill on any day.

Thank you for the mission.

As always less is more.

Cebi

Thank you for the feedback, the notes I made were very similar to what you've said, and future events will be scaled down to accommodate both frame and lower amounts of players, with the possibility to increase the balance if more players show up. And the civs in the end were alright, at least 980% of them were still alive, which can be acceptable losses in a massive firefight.

Thanks for your participation :) I'll be sure to host another operation very soon!