Feedback for CO-OPS

Josh

Just thought all y'all who participated in Alganthes Co-Ops mission on EU#2 today could post feedback in this thread or even better for alganthe on his GITHUB Here:

https://github.com/alganthe/Co-ops/issues?q=is%3Aopen

Thank you all :)

From myself overall I thought the mission was great and the variation of radio towers, ammo trucks, UAVs and such like was a great addition. 

Frames were great and other than the minor animation bugs which came from 1.60 It seems great so far.

An option for earplugs was well wanted I believe.

Definitely looks like a lot of fun.

It looks a lot cleaner then the normal I&A mission file as well.

Same issues for me as sniper so Earplugs medical system not working which should be working now i've tested it with alganthe on his private server. I've heard some people complain about no longer having VAS but that's not an issue for me. Basically Good mission

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I wouldn't put vas in any 2016 mission. It's another load of scripts that the mission does not need. Arsenal works fine. 

Yea as i said i know VAS is going away in the future and i dont need it guess the people complaining about it wil just have to adapt to the future ;)

Mission worked well. I noticed that Buzzard and Grayhawks did not respawn; Repair HEMMT was stuck under the roof at spawn (relocate it); there was no indication when rearming on pads that rearming is in progress. A simple message like "rearming 5 minutes" will be a great addition IMO. Also, one must adapt to larger engagement envelope of ground AA which is great. 

@cebi the greyhawk respawn timer is a bit longer than other vehicles for balancing issues (ie people using it as WWII divebomber), I relocated the repair HEMTT and the buzzard is a side mission reward, thus shouldn't respawn.

For the dragging / carrying issues those are fixed now.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to try it out yesterday, but I'm super interested in the new mission, if anyone has any videos/screenshots of the mission that would be great.

I imagine a lot of this was discussed in TS at the time, but what are the future plans for Alganthes mission, was this just a one-off or will we see it again?

3 hours ago, Jason. said:

Unfortunately I wasn't able to try it out yesterday, but I'm super interested in the new mission, if anyone has any videos/screenshots of the mission that would be great.

I imagine a lot of this was discussed in TS at the time, but what are the future plans for Alganthes mission, was this just a one-off or will we see it again?

I'll get a video put up as soon as I'm back at my PC.

Hopefully, we will be seeing more of it.

Yesterday was the intial test we did, worked pretty good, alganthe has polished out most of the bugs already and also added a couple of feature we suggested.

Can we bring mar-10 and cyrus back to marksman or atleast to spotter? i mean we agree mar-10 and cyrus are medium sniper rifle but M320 and GM6 are best rifle for sniper right now, i hear admin say that made more balance with other class and and let marksman stick with hes squad but i just think that have anything diffenrent with rifleman? i mean marksman should be the guy at the back hes squad and warning and maybe neutralize a threat let that squad into danger but now he going with them like normal rifleman? im sorry if my poor english made you guy hard to understand what im try to saying but what can be fun when marksman cant kill target 800m away and watch he teammate from far behind?

@Sena: I like it the way it is. Why would you want mar-10 or cyrus for a spotter? His job is to spot targets with his binoculars and support sniper. Take a rifle with grenade launcher and pack more ammo for the sniper and flares for a night. MAR-10 and Cyrus are very powerful rifles and having too many of them in game of coop makes everybody sit on hills and play it like Moorhuhn.

@Cebi : well i no disagree when you said about spotter job but lock mar-10 and cyrus and just only sniper use them then i think people will use M320 and GM6 for shoot target 1,5km away more safety than shoot 800m away and those rifle can disable turret APC and some light vehicle and buy more time for squad can take down target with AT missile, but 2 powerful medium sniper rifle only can kill infantry and help some squad in close range very suit for marksman who watch them behind, grenade launcher or flare or something esle that for another class do it like grenadier or auto rifleman and maybe medic can use that too so why lock 2 sniper rifle to marksman when we can give them more choice more tactic with squad, but even i say right now might not change anything so like you said no more camper and run like wind to AO :lol:

Currently there's no hill camping, I 'might' change some of the gear limitation around, but it will depend on how the gameplay flow change.

I'm more focused on fixing performance degradation over time (Nearly all fixed atm) and adding more side missions.

There was a problem with the "Drag" feature, as well, the other night (2nd try out of the file?). It would glitch every time and the only way to fix it would be to kill the person who was trying to drag the "dead" guy. We didn't have an opportunity to try the "Carry" feature in our squad, so I'm not sure if that is glitched.

The earplugs were a welcome addition. Perhaps an Arsenal person at the helo hangars (similar to the current VAS person), so that helo pilots don't have to run all the way to the Normal spawn to get earplugs?

Maybe add a Medical HEMMT to the helo area for the pilots who are injured to heal at; rather than, again, running back to normal spawn area.

I was going to ask why HEMMTs were used in the helo repair point, but I reckon it's because the Huron Containers are part of Helicopter DLC and not everyone would have that.

Thanks for the excellent work, alganthe. Look forward to, hopefully, this becoming a permanent fixture. I say, put I&A 3 with Tanoa on EU2; and the alganthe missions file on EU1 with Altis.

A sneak peak to the upcoming update:

• Added a mission parameter to enable / disable drawing
  • Improved service pad feedback
  • Changed paradrop limitations to be more teamplay focused
  • Added gear saving
  • Removed unused revive code
  • Added drawn icon on downed units for medics / everyone (depending on setting)
  • Fixed dragging dir
  • Rewrote the vehicle handler and garrison functions
  • Added base cleanup PFH
  • Changed default mission parameters
  • Changed the lock value of air reinforcements
  • Moved arsenal objects to defines.hpp
  • Fixed HQ messages not being visible
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to use revive interactions on disconnected players' corpses
  • Changed arsenal filter
    • Added mortar bags back
    • Added VR suits and CSAT gear to the blacklist
  • Changed gearLimitations to take arsenal blacklist into account
  • Changed gearLimitations marksman role to have access to the cyrus and mar-10, they do however have only access to DMR scopes, no LRPS nor MOS
  • Added uniform, vest, headgear and backpack support to gearLimitations
  • Added body, wreck and group cleaner
  • Removed air reinforcements from the truck side mission
  • Fixed AO marker and task position not being placed properly
  • Changed how the officer side mission works, the group is now patrolling around the AO instead of sitting inside a building
  • Fixed an issue linked to the tasks making the JIP messages queue getting infinitely bigger
  • Fixed an issue where after some time AI would stop spawning
  • Possibly fixed an issue when the revive system would break after some time

• 3 weeks later...

@algantheIt might interest you that BIS is working on new engine based revive system. It is currently on devbrach.

Some copy/pasta:

BASIC FEATURES

• New player interaction based on (new) 'hold action' tech.

• New 2D and 3D visualization.

• Extensive control over Revive rules through mission settings and/or config.

• Backward compatibility.

• Custom made animations.

• Engine based unconscious state.

• 3 different unconscious state triggering models.

• Enhanced performance - low CPU load and network traffic footprint.

LIMITATIONS

• Unconscious state and Revive works only for players, AI units cannot perform Revive nor they can be incapacitated.

FUTURE PLANS

• Engine based unconscious state triggering.

• Unit animations improvements, both visual and functional.

• Unconscious state visualization moved to engine.

• Hold action tech moved to engine.

• Unconscious state and Revive functionality extended to all units.