Hey, im back!

Hey Everyone,

I played on this server about a year ago I think and it was a lot of fun! Really liked it. Then i kind of got buzzy and played some other games for a while but now I'm looking at coming back. Back when i played we played patrol ops but I saw on the websites its Gauntlet now, is this similar to patrol ops? And can I just join the server and start playing? Or is there some kind of training process now? Anyway updating my mods right now i hope the see you all tomorrow or on Saturday.

4 hours ago, L_Jacobs said:

its Gauntlet now, is this similar to patrol ops? And can I just join the server and start playing? Or is there some kind of training process now?

First of all, welcome back.

As for your questions:

1. No, but I can't really explain how it's different, I wasn't around during Patrol Ops. Basically you have a base and four objectives per map, that spawn one at a time. You go out, do the objective and either return to base or move to the next one. When all four are completed, failed or skipped, it goes into a voting stage for the next map.

2. Yes. Join in, pick a slot and play. Make sure to pick a slot that doesn't break the rules!

3. No. There's occasional training nights to help people get into the general style of gameplay and where they can learn good practices, their dos and don'ts, as well as how to use the basic mods (mainly ACE and ACRE), plus other specializations (medic, marksman, etc). You're not required to attend them to play on the server, but they're definitely recommended even for older players.

Oke thanks! I will definitely check out the training sessions since when I played ACE wasn't out yet and right at the time i stopped playing it was added to the mods on this server. So I don't really know how ACE works. Sadly I dont have time tonight but I will definitely join the server tomorrow! 

There even is a gamenight tomorrow evening which is the perfect opportunity to get back in the saddle. Just spend an hour beforehand to get comfy with ACE so you don't embarrass yourself when the team needs you.

You may also want to join the training session on Sunday right away. There'll be a medical course that could be interesting to you.