Gamenight 28/5 EU3 20:00 GMT

Operation: Hostage Rescue

Map: Altis

Military: Private Military Company

JIP: Yes 

Amount of slots: 36 (excluding ZEUS slot)

OBS: There will be no Platoon elements! It is only 1 and 2 (1 = Alpha, 2 = Bravo).

If you can attend use the SIGNUP form below

SIGNUP

This mission is all about a hostage rescue as the PMC. Don't expect too much, just an awesome ending. I will attend as ZEUS to create new obstacles if need being. With that said... Good luck, hope to see you there!

COUNTDOWN

SLOTS

AUTHORIZED BY CHRISTIANSEN!

It is a saturday and I am lonely... That's my reason...

I am expecting atleast 20 minutes of talking with the Squad Leaders before the entire briefing begins. From there the convoy has to be set up. The show starts approx. after 30-40 minutes.

5 hours ago, RoyalSertr said:

But why it has to be GMT?! As somebody who is in +1 zone, during summer it is +2 and starting at 22:00 local time is kinda late (especially as the mission itself will start even later).

But if you think about it, GMT is also in its summer timezone, so it's technically GMT+1, so it'd be 21:00 on a GMT+2 summer timezone. That's why I never adjust timezones for summer whenever I refer them. I always call it GMT+0 regardless. Less confusion in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Colsta said:

But if you think about it, GMT is also in its summer timezone, so it's technically GMT+1, so it'd be 21:00 on a GMT+2 summer timezone. That's why I never adjust timezones for summer whenever I refer them. I always call it GMT+0 regardless. Less confusion in my opinion.

I flaw GMT can not be in summer mode because GMT is set in stone :)  thats why its called GMT    so you this start at 2200 local time for Europe mainland 

As S0zi0p4th said, don't confuse GMT and BST. GMT == Zulu.

I'm not though. I live in that timezone. From what I interpreted from your post, is that you said in most of Europe it would be 22, when it should merely be one hour ahead of my timezone, so 21.

16 minutes ago, Josh said:

I finish work around when this start so I shall try JIP. Kinda fancy a gamenight :P

I will head out 10-20 minutes after gamenight start... So yeah...

Would still recommend using the Signup to reserve a slot

55 minutes ago, Nutek said:

I signed, but dont be mad if I dont make it, I would love to but it is kind of hard this work days... Wish you luck !!!

I won't be mad... 

UPDATE #1

Server broke ACRE...

Update #2

Still haven't found the reason for it...

Update #3

ACRE working on local server (with Leo and Infected)

Update #4

Wrong server file was loaded on the server... Might not be the source of the problem, but needed to be mentioned.

ACRE seems to run fine for Gauntlet, so it is your mission file.

In future I will be posting the Gauntlet mission files so mission designers can build off of that instead of trying to figure it all out by trial and error.

- R

11 minutes ago, Ryko said:

ACRE seems to run fine for Gauntlet, so it is your mission file.

In future I will be posting the Gauntlet mission files so mission designers can build off of that instead of trying to figure it all out by trial and error.

- R

Just tested on my local server with Leo and Infected... Worked perfect

Final update:

I quit this community... I thought I had a shot at doing what I love to do, and forgot the reason why I'm there.

I will no longer be around nor will I talk to anyone about this.

Only those who tried knows my pain. Spending 1½ week on making a file, using remaining ½ week to plan it all out... Being forced to move everything from Panthera to Altis just because it got removed, then having to wait 2 weeks to receive shit in your face. 

Not only do I not wanna be a part of this anymore, but I now know, how cruel staff can be.

Being "banned" from making Gamenights by the "CEO" is just bullshit. He doesn't know how hard it is to accept such failure. Christiansen knows what his doing and didn't want to share any of it with me. 

No one wanted to test the files. I asked everyone, just "no I'm busy" from everyone.

3 hours ago, Lad said:

Final update:

I quit this community... I thought I had a shot at doing what I love to do, and forgot the reason why I'm there.

I will no longer be around nor will I talk to anyone about this.

Only those who tried knows my pain. Spending 1½ week on making a file, using remaining ½ week to plan it all out... Being forced to move everything from Panthera to Altis just because it got removed, then having to wait 2 weeks to receive shit in your face. 

Not only do I not wanna be a part of this anymore, but I now know, how cruel staff can be.

Being "banned" from making Gamenights by the "CEO" is just bullshit. He doesn't know how hard it is to accept such failure. Christiansen knows what his doing and didn't want to share any of it with me. 

No one wanted to test the files. I asked everyone, just "no I'm busy" from everyone.

3 strikes and you're out.

Christiansen has worked on the EU3 Mission for almost 3 years, and has the right to his work if to share or not.

Banned for a month from creating game nights? Well the last three missions failed, rules are rules.

and to be honest you have not asked everyone, I've been on this whole week and not once have i seen you come in to EU3 and ask people if they would test your mission.

so.

Bye Bye

I'm sorry your mission didn't work. Making missions work properly in Arma can be very frustrating. I should mention that at no point did Lad reach out to either Kenny or myself for guidance about what works on EU3, we were just presented with mission files.

I'm not sure how we were being cruel, other than perhaps assuming that Lad knew what he was doing and not intersecting sooner.  But we currently have our own fish to fry.

- R