Possible Addition of [ACE] Chestpack by Freghar to EU3 Repo

On EU3 often people are looking for a little bit of extra fun or realism and want to parachute into the ao, or the ground is too hostile to land and landing is not an option; however, when parachuting you can not have a backpack with you. This is not only unrealistic but it is also annoying. Militaries around the world do parajumps and when they do, their equipment from their back is carried on their chests, and that is what this mod does by using the ACE interact menu. Although sometimes their are graphical glitches, when you land your backpack is always with you. I have tested with the EU3 repo mods and it works flawlessly with all types of items in the bag. I think this would be a great addition to EU3 so if u think so too please reply. 

Thanks

Mod Link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31010

21 minutes ago, Inzaindabridge said:

or the ground is too hostile to land and landing is not an option...

In which case para drop there is insanity. Generally, if it is safe to land a helicopter there it is also safe to be inserted via parachute and if there is risk of getting shot at...well you are better of in manoeuvring heli then dangling on ropes under canopy.

I get that. HALO insertions are fun but do you really need that backpack with you? What about dropping supply crate which you can retrieve after landing?

TBH, para jumping is just as unsafe as landing under fire from rockets. You could die parachuting, you can die by an explosion.

My conclusion: Just land it, if CO haven't given clearance to para jump.

11 minutes ago, Lad said:

TBH, para jumping is just as unsafe as landing under fire from rockets. You could die parachuting, you can die by an explosion.

My conclusion: Just land it, if CO haven't given clearance to para jump.

I agree, but I still think this adds a realistic element and when it comes to para jumping it is extremely useful, and a good working mod. Also the mod file size is very small, maybe a few MB.

6 minutes ago, Inzaindabridge said:

I agree, but I still think this adds a realistic element and when it comes to para jumping it is extremely useful, and a good working mod. Also the mod file size is very small, maybe a few MB.

But... The helicopter has armor (don't compare it to a tank) and if you para jump, you lose that armor. While parachuting you have a great risk of being hit and possibly killed.

I understand the problems that you lose armor and risk dying, but is the case with helicopters anyways; however, I know EU3 try to keep the mods tight and only the necessary are included, but I though I would trough this out to possibly add funtionality. Also if proper and not idiot parachuting practices are used (which they are often not) I think people would survive more than 1/10 times. 

My opinion...

If this were to be implemented, we need training for both the CO and the jumping "jacks". Which I would love to do.

I love to do special training; Armor, Convoy, Marksman, Unguided Rockets, Armed Vehicles and para jumping.

Given the size, there's no harm in adding the MOD for testing, and if people want to paradrop with backpacks, at least we have the option.

Static line paradrop is sketchy (I couldn't get it to work tonight) even though it technically allows you to keep your backpack.  But if we abandon CUP we'll lose this functionality.

- R