Extra powers for ambassadors

Shadow

Question

It has come to my attention that sometimes at certain hours of the day or night there are not many admins online on either TS or the servers themselves. Whenever this occurs some people that normally get instantly dealt with by admins and the community get a "free" pass to do what they're doing up until an admin gets online to either ban or kick them. It might be a solution to grant some regular people that play a lot on the servers and have proven themselves as trustworthy members and of course the ambassadors some more powers. Some ideas might be granting the most trusted ones with the ability to temporary ban players. I know admins are generally scared of this because of the abuse of power it might lead too. but then again if someone gets the status of field ambassador they should be trusted by the community as well as the admins and therefor normally would not be the kind of people to abuse this power. If temporary bans are a bit too powerful it may be a solution to grant them the power to just simply kicking a player and giving them a warning message as well. I think it'd also be a good idea to grant them the ability to control the TS servers a bit more as well i've had mulitple occasions in which a troll or sound spammer entered our TS time after time and with no admins to sort them out it can get quite annoying to come out of the game to mute them time after time. In general there aren't many problems on the servers though but its very ahrd to deal with a guys camping spawn in a slammer and shooting everything hes sees. And for that same reason it may also be an idea to grant some ambassadors the ability to restart the servers but possibly with a limit to how many times they're allowed to do that if possible of course. 

And finally to all a good day and hope to see you out on the servers thanks for reading.

7 answers to this question

There are already those on TS with the Field Ambassador and Spartan titles that allow for some special perks, such as temporary channel creation, and utilizing those powers effectively, you can easily bridge not only yourself but others away from any trolls who come onto TS, but you're absolutely right Shadow, there are times where there are no admins on and there is no one awake to administer punishments such as kicks and bans. However, adding more staff is a long and tedious process. Sure, I don't know how they do it in Ahoyworld, but based on my experience in different administrative positions in different gaming communities, it takes time to find people trust worthy enough to give people any sort of administrative privileges because of the possibility of any form of abuse or misuse of said privileges. And look how many people we have already as AhoyWorld Staff:

From the core staff to the mods, there are 30 names listed. A whole 30 people!!! That's already quite a lot, but understandable for the sheer size of AhoyWorld's community. And this is not even including the Field Ambassadors and Spartans!

You're always going to have grey areas where there are no staff members on, and I encourage you Shadow to report anything you see when no staff are available with photo or video documentation, or poke a staff member in the TS to tell them something is going wrong, but adding even more people with these privileges might not be the best course of action. I can assure you, if these people are properly reported, you'll never see them again on AhoyWorld.

Thank you for reading and your time, and I look forward to reading the replies. B)

Not really needed to have more admins, it is late now (23:00) 40 people on the server 6 which have powers to ban, with people mic spamming on ts3 is mostly rare (or are just dealt with before getting to other channels) and a few trolls + free loaders a day.

On 5/22/2016 at 10:40 PM, Liru the Lance Corpral said:

There are already those on TS with the Field Ambassador and Spartan titles that allow for some special perks, such as temporary channel creation, and utilizing those powers effectively, you can easily bridge not only yourself but others away from any trolls who come onto TS, but you're absolutely right Shadow, there are times where there are no admins on and there is no one awake to administer punishments such as kicks and bans. However, adding more staff is a long and tedious process. Sure, I don't know how they do it in Ahoyworld, but based on my experience in different administrative positions in different gaming communities, it takes time to find people trust worthy enough to give people any sort of administrative privileges because of the possibility of any form of abuse or misuse of said privileges. And look how many people we have already as AhoyWorld Staff:

From the core staff to the mods, there are 30 names listed. A whole 30 people!!! That's already quite a lot, but understandable for the sheer size of AhoyWorld's community. And this is not even including the Field Ambassadors and Spartans!

You're always going to have grey areas where there are no staff members on, and I encourage you Shadow to report anything you see when no staff are available with photo or video documentation, or poke a staff member in the TS to tell them something is going wrong, but adding even more people with these privileges might not be the best course of action. I can assure you, if these people are properly reported, you'll never see them again on AhoyWorld.

Thank you for reading and your time, and I look forward to reading the replies. B)

I do get your point, Yes  there are a ton of admins. But he is obviously talking about night time true the week and not about weekends, It's the days where people work and sleep at night more admins could be used. 

Allot of people including me have experienced issues with noobs trying to learn and fly people just trolling about, While there is a small group of people that want to play the missions. These trolls make it really hard to enjoy the game and server to it's full potential. 

Yes, there might be an admin in ts online playing a different game, but what you just need is one of the regulars that play at night. To have the power to kick people just that nothing more. 

I know it's a shit process to get more admins but i think it's worth it.

Just do a test run. If it doesn't go well you can say you have tried. 

18 minutes ago, D.v.Brandenburg said:

I do get your point, Yes  there are a ton of admins. But he is obviously talking about night time true the week and not about weekends, It's the days where people work and sleep at night more admins could be used. 

Allot of people including me have experienced issues with noobs trying to learn and fly people just trolling about, While there is a small group of people that want to play the missions. These trolls make it really hard to enjoy the game and server to it's full potential. 

Yes, there might be an admin in ts online playing a different game, but what you just need is one of the regulars that play at night. To have the power to kick people just that nothing more. 

I know it's a shit process to get more admins but i think it's worth it.

Just do a test run. If it doesn't go well you can say you have tried. 

Lemme break this down so I can address everything...

Paragraph 1: Yes I know, and getting different admins in different time zones can fix that, but as I have stated that process can be very long and its up to our Ahoverlords to make that decision

Paragraph 2: It happens every other day, I run into someone of that caliber that brings the server to a stand still, but normally there aren't that many people on anyway, plus there's always the report and ban feature. there are also 2 servers, so if something is happening you can always hop to the other. Honestly, unless you were to fully organize a time schedule, it's extremely difficult for an administration to have multiple servers with 24/7 coverage. I say that with experience >_<'

Third: Kicking usually isn't enough, especially if they realize that's all you can do. In fact, trolls would just use that to their advantage. Plus, giving people the ability to kick isn't the best idea, think about it...

4: that's up to our Ahoverlords

5: Why don't we just give the Spartans and field ambassadors more power...?

not often that a troll join the server if a admin not online but it happens most of the time @ 3-5 o clock in the morning. so we can report him and thats the solution for the next day.

i see more the  proplem with players they tk or shooting on friendly vehicles and disconnecting i request a instand term ban for action like this 

People need to relax.

I understand the issues here, but as has been mentioned, these things take time.
The Staff are working on this. Trying to rush them will only make the process slower.

We ALL (Staff included) experience times where people messing around cause the game to slow to a halt.

Give them time people, be patient, they have our backs.
Thy got this.
:D