RHS 0.4.1 Release

Personally I like the baf mod pack because of how well it is made and the team behind it is Willing to help out and modify it where needed (adding textures and things) and everything is tested thoroughly before release.

I also agree we need to change and sort it out for one time and stick with it.

On another note I would like to see the arsenal unlocked or have a look at a mod I shall link when on desktop that allows a functional whitelist so that all kits can be loaded but gives ability to let the server change items or remove them from the kit as it is being loaded.

2 hours ago, Ghostdragon said:

On another note I would like to see the arsenal unlocked or have a look at a mod I shall link when on desktop that allows a functional whitelist so that all kits can be loaded but gives ability to let the server change items or remove them from the kit as it is being loaded.

This is a good point, it gets infuriating when the loadouts are completely greyed out, even if it could just tell us which items are not allowed so we could change it offline

I'm not going to lie, I've not read the whole thread in detail but I definately agree with the proposition by J0hnson, for me the relatively small benefit of CUP (poor quality) versus it's download size is weak, whereas the benefit to be had from hand picking some other mods (e.g. for BAF) would be stronger for less download/disk space.  Also, I can't express how annoying it is when there are two versions of the same weapon in the arsenal (not variants, but a different version from another mod).

I support conisistency and standardisation which delivers a better experience.  I like the BAF gear but would compromise without it if CUP was removed until a replacement was found (although there are some decent suggestions already raised in this thread).

I've not played much EU#3 recently and honestly it has gone off the boil for me, for many reasons, however this could kick start my interest again as I beleive it would have many peripheral benefits such as less time spent waiting at arsenal and players more likely* to be rolling with correct gear (*morons will still be morons).

Regards, Alex.

Well in my opinion SMA is not a problem nor unneccesary as it is often used for the pure pourpose of weapon variation when players choose to do so (however I would not miss it if it was removed myself). However, CUP is a mod I would like to see removed so if there was a vote over its removal or not I would certainly vote for it to be gone.

Back when there were plans to move over to CUP entirely and we had a transition period with both, I wasn't keen on keeping CUP but still optimistic we'd get used to it. People cried for RHS and it stayed, so now we still use both just to have the benefit of, I suppose, insurgent units and some EU gear.

But even after months with CUP in place, nobody really used any of it if they could avoid it. The vehicles save for a few were shunned and passed up on in favour of RHS, most notably the humvees (but honestly I just lost track of what vehicle came from which mod). The same happened with uniforms and even more so with weapons.

If CUP was necessary for Valiant or other plans, I can definitely see why just having that would bring about some consistency. But now that RHS itself offers an insurgent units alternative and people are actively proposing standalone mods to replace CUP aspects, having two major mod packs just doesn't seem viable from an outside perspective.

I'd go RHS M4 definitely, there is more you can do to it accessory wise should you feel the need and they are kept simple and efficient without feeling the need to add mostly special forces aspects to them, which SMA seems to specialize in with their many M4A1's that to be frank just sound and look terrible, not to mention that they don't pack as much of a punch as the RHS M4's with the M8556 which kill in about 2-9 shots dependent on range and hit location.

HOWEVER, SMA is good for diversity that people seem so inclined to have, and I myself really do like the SMA weapons such as the Tavor-21 which is an incredibly accurate and hard hitting weapon capable of killing your average Russian soldier at about 400/500m with about 3 shots (it's a bit OP, but sounds gorgeous), probably the only weapon I care for in that pack though.