Ahoyworld Apex Launch event.

Question

Apex is right at our door.  

So what about an amazing launch event?!!!!!!

https://arma3.com/tanoa

With some Zeus missions and people streaming their pov. 

If considered a good idea i would like to help set it up.

The Apex DLC will be live at 11e of july 2016

arma3_tanoa_screenshot_04.jpg

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD AROUND!

Edited by D.v.Brandenburg
Release date added for apex

On 13/06/2016 at 11:35 AM, Cebi said:

@Kyle Clements: Why wait? See for yourself in dev-branch. I have potato computer and it runs Tanoa better than Altis. Real Virtuality engine seems more taxed with rendering buildings than with foliage.

Edit: I have i7 CPU... 940 from 2008 (is it 8 years already?). Do not make assumptions based on the line of CPU :-)

I went to CPU boss to make a comparison just for fun and I am astonished how CPU massively progressed in 8 years.

Did a couple of tests last night, and I'm getting 60fps on most of Altis.. On Tanoa, I'm getting 100+fps.. :D

10 hours ago, Primordial said:

Will it be on a new server or will one of the servers just be apex dedicated for that time?

No information has been released considering this. 

9 hours ago, Primordial said:

Will it be on a new server or will one of the servers just be apex dedicated for that time?

I know a couple of the admin/mods were working their way through stuff yesterday. Think it may end up being on a dedicated for a while

Guest Luetin

I have a thought on this, I was planning to do a whole day of Zeus from 10am to 10pm BST the question is though? Will we be able to update the servers easily on the day? Bohemia have a habit of breaking the shit out of mods and builds arsenal etc at release of new content.

Do you think its not a good idea to plan a day of gameplay with this in mind? I would like to do it of course, but seems like it would be a bit of a risky option. Some Admin input on the possibility of this would be good as I would like to plan missions and advertise the event if I am going to do it. If we think its going to be too problematic then I will to do it another day but seems a shame to miss release day opportunities.

9 minutes ago, Luetin said:

I have a thought on this, I was planning to do a whole day of Zeus from 10am to 10pm BST the question is though? Will we be able to update the servers easily on the day? Bohemia have a habit of breaking the shit out of mods and builds arsenal etc at release of new content.

Do you think its not a good idea to plan a day of gameplay with this in mind? I would like to do it of course, but seems like it would be a bit of a risky option. Some Admin input on the possibility of this would be good as I would like to plan missions and advertise the event if I am going to do it. If we think its going to be too problematic then I will to do it another day but seems a shame to miss release day opportunities.

Yea its worth a shot if the admins can get it working ofcourse on release day.

The idea, that was going true my head and what has also been lightly discussed. That multiple people can sing up for a Zeus slot a couple days before the launch event. 

Day of the event. 
People that have singed up for Zeus will have a password protected teamspeak channel where they can work together or just talk about planning missions.

Everyone is free to join the server

Rules i have been thinking about. 

• Players singing up for Zeus need be known by the community (we can not have randoms destroying the server)  Some help from the core staff for accepting people would be appreciated.
  • Not having more then 3 players as Zeus at any giving time. 
  • Considering the use of ai. More is less use them wisely.
  • No spawning artillery for players.  
  • No more than 1  a10 or vtol gunship in the air at any given time. 

Standard ahoy rules will apply aswell.

That's the first idea i have going. If you have anything to add or ideas please leave a comment. 

@Luetin i would love it if you would zeus on the event. Any ideas you would like to add?

Keep in mind apex launches on  July 11, 2016 That's on a Monday. 

Guest Luetin
47 minutes ago, D.v.Brandenburg said:

The idea, that was going true my head and what has also been lightly discussed. That multiple people can sing up for a Zeus slot a couple days before the launch event. 

Day of the event. 
People that have singed up for Zeus will have a password protected teamspeak channel where they can work together or just talk about planning missions.

Everyone is free to join the server

Rules i have been thinking about. 

• Players singing up for Zeus need be known by the community (we can not have randoms destroying the server)  Some help from the core staff for accepting people would be appreciated.
  • Not having more then 3 players as Zeus at any giving time. 
  • Considering the use of ai. More is less use them wisely.
  • No spawning artillery for players.  
  • No more than 1  a10 or vtol gunship in the air at any given time. 

Standard ahoy rules will apply aswell.

That's the first idea i have going. If you have anything to add or ideas please leave a comment. 

@Luetin i would love it if you would zeus on the event. Any ideas you would like to add?

Keep in mind apex launches on  July 11, 2016 That's on a Monday. 

That may work for EU2 but I am not sure the Admins are going to be too willing to give out that many options. For myself I plan to run EU4 as a closed server as per usual running throughout the day. So I can livestream it. Maybe even develop a small campaign but it depends totally on if the servers can be set and be stable