Ahoyworld Apex Launch event.

Question

Apex is right at our door.  

So what about an amazing launch event?!!!!!!

https://arma3.com/tanoa

With some Zeus missions and people streaming their pov. 

If considered a good idea i would like to help set it up.

The Apex DLC will be live at 11e of july 2016

arma3_tanoa_screenshot_04.jpg

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD AROUND!

Edited by D.v.Brandenburg
Release date added for apex

I would really like the idea. I hope i can get a day off the day it comes out. One thing is it will take some time for the staff to get IA working on a new map like apex. So we will have to run a different game mode.

We don't need to get ai working if you just zeus the missions and events just a small vas system and arsenal.

On 13/05/2016 at 2:03 PM, John McClane said:

I would really like the idea. I hope i can get a day off the day it comes out. One thing is it will take some time for the staff to get IA working on a new map like apex. So we will have to run a different game mode.

We could probably get an IA version up pretty quickly. But time will tell.

We could do a full night of things like...

Amphibious sieges from island to island.

Thick jungle combat with civilian rescue missions. 

underwater missions with salvaging information from a sunken ship/helo.

CQB Search & Destroy by the shipyard, find contraband weaponry and destroy it. (night op with shotguns, smg's, cqb carbines etc)

Sieges of small villages/towns.

The idea list is endless. I would gladly assist on helping you guys out!

I like the idea, but we`ll have to wait till the release date or a few days before, see what is being added, changed, if I&A will even be suitable for the new island.

I`ll try to get something together, but no promises on what will it be. Might be just a Zeus mission to explore the new island via combat, who knows.

I don't think anyone is expecting too much from the actual I&A/Zeus missions, the main thing is to get to see the new map, and don't forget the new vehicles!

Since people obviously can't wait to try out Apex I think the priority should be on getting a server running it asap.

I'm thinking just a very basic base, just set up the spawn area and VAS/Arsenal. The rest (vehicles) can be placed by a Zeus as I'm sure there will be a few available. So more of a sandbox server, hopefully with some decent Zeus missions.

This temporary set-up would be running until a working I&A is made.

You can expect the server to be VERY busy, so maybe a forum post can be made with a (estimated) time when the server goes live so we could all get on teamspeak so that we can join in at the same time? 

14 hours ago, Jason. said:

I don't think anyone is expecting too much from the actual I&A/Zeus missions, the main thing is to get to see the new map, and don't forget the new vehicles!

Since people obviously can't wait to try out Apex I think the priority should be on getting a server running it asap.

I'm thinking just a very basic base, just set up the spawn area and VAS/Arsenal. The rest (vehicles) can be placed by a Zeus as I'm sure there will be a few available. So more of a sandbox server, hopefully with some decent Zeus missions.

This temporary set-up would be running until a working I&A is made.

You can expect the server to be VERY busy, so maybe a forum post can be made with a (estimated) time when the server goes live so we could all get on teamspeak so that we can join in at the same time? 

That would be the idea, basic base VAS/arsenal and the rest will be done by Zeus. 

We tested this yesterday pretty intently and it seems like there is a definite change in the AI, both in the heavily wooded area's and in open area's. Granted that the AI is not perfect and they do sometimes make some questionable shots usually you have time to react. BUt you gotta have decent situation awareness to find and fire back. 

But where will the Main base be? Top right island looks ok especially with the airport but its quite a long way to go to the main island. I think the new V-TOL could help us out greatly with this but which version? There is a A-C130 inspired version and just the cargo version. Should we have one of each or just stay with the cargo variant. And also what are we going to do about the new vehicles such as the new lightly armored ones. Will we stay with the Hunter and Offroad or go for these new potentially overpowered or underpowered cars? This DLC has brought about so many questions and challenges when it comes to I&A. 

I wouldn't worry about that too much just yet Kyle, I doubt the admins know any better than we do atm as there are still many unknowns.

I would expect to see most if not all of the new vehicles/weapons available on the server one way or another. 

But things will change in the weeks and months post-release as more is learnt about the playerbase, Tanoa and the capabilities/limitations of the new vehicles.

Another question is what will be the player limit. Because it IS going to be laggier than Altis without a doubt and that could mean that in hectic, close quarter combat (which I think will be the kind of combat we will experience) it could grind even the most powerful computers to a halt. My i5 deals with the singleplayer fine at high settings but on I&A Altis I have to knock down the graphics a touch. Imagine how people with i3s and lower end PCs are going to cope with the harsh, thick jungle. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I guess we will have to find out. If the event happens.

7 hours ago, Kyle Clements said:

Another question is what will be the player limit. Because it IS going to be laggier than Altis without a doubt and that could mean that in hectic, close quarter combat (which I think will be the kind of combat we will experience) it could grind even the most powerful computers to a halt. My i5 deals with the singleplayer fine at high settings but on I&A Altis I have to knock down the graphics a touch. Imagine how people with i3s and lower end PCs are going to cope with the harsh, thick jungle. I guess we will have to wait and see.

@Kyle Clements: Why wait? See for yourself in dev-branch. I have potato computer and it runs Tanoa better than Altis. Real Virtuality engine seems more taxed with rendering buildings than with foliage.

Edit: I have i7 CPU... 940 from 2008 (is it 8 years already?). Do not make assumptions based on the line of CPU :-)

I went to CPU boss to make a comparison just for fun and I am astonished how CPU massively progressed in 8 years.

Probably many of you have already played on the new Tanoa map and probably some of you have already used some of the new vehicles and guns.

We also now know on what time the DLC will be released (11 July 2016) 

I would like to ask you guys to spread the word about the idea so we can get as much attention as possible.