Operation events on 9/05/2016

Mission: Chernarus

Type: Gauntlet044

AO: 1: Tank platoon
AO 2: Kill enemy Commander

Topic also related to this topic
This topic will be my summary and opinion and is completely open for discussion about two operations in yesterday's events for two AOs since they are linked and same problem was created but, without TKs in later one. I want to know more about how teams and squads have approached AO to have better picture what happened so in future AO we can avoid them.

It was based on bad placement and advance. MMG and HAT shouldn't advance with Alpha at all. They are to stay up the hill and protect. If you want to have fun join normal squads Alpha and Bravo. Being in special teams you'll have special treatment. HAT is pretty much useless inside forest while MMG is to suppress if Alpha is pinned down. I can't tell anything else regarding special teams. I wasn't part of their squad. ASL went too deep. I saw him alone in the middle of forest on my right side (A2). He got killed by A2 autorifleman. Enemy was too close to him is poor explanation. I know it was in line of fire, but you are not needed to shoot at everything you see because in most of times it isn't a treat to you. There were some good calls from A1 like: Everything what is down the hill on NE is enemy. It's a decent information. We have communications, It's not for chit-chat as it's for this situations. If your BluFor doesn't see threat, inform him over radio comms. It's not like CQB style of warfare. It wasn't even part of another squad elements so you don't need to go over two radio channels to deliver radio message.

I remember the debate we had about one year ago. About splitting fire teams. It came to realization why veterans wanted one united squad and no approach from two different angles. This came to effect now and especially on operation later finding and killing enemy Commander. It's SL's choice if he wants to split as we are to follow chain of command. In operation; A1 got wiped, A2 great casualties. @Bankir and @Amantes from A2 were KIA at retreat while finishing the mission for us.

1. Good briefing for leaders so they know what are actions of other squads and where they will be positioned.

2. Map awareness. You have TL and SL positions on the map. Team elements should be near his TL.

3. Communication. Use it only if necessary. It's not for reading novels, essays. You can read good Haiku tho'.

I don't know how TK can actually happen after this.

GTG to lectures... wooooshhh. *papers in air

I totally agree. I was Alpha Medic at the time and got called over to fix someone up by A1 but when running over there after calling out what direction I was coming from I got shot at from A1's direction and then took one to the face.

They should come to you if they are wounded. As a medic you should never be in crossfire or even on line of fire. They need to either carry wounded to you if he's unresponsive or pop a smoke around and cover your approach. From incidents like this we can learn. We in A2 were pinned down by the shack from enemy BMP on our left. We were wounded but we were patching ourselves up. @Miksi perfectly knew that he can't actually call for a medic where we were at given point. That shack saved our lives.

They should come to you if they are wounded. As a medic you should never be in crossfire or even on line of fire. They need to either carry wounded to you if he's unresponsive or pop a smoke around and cover your approach. From incidents like this we can learn. We in A2 were pinned down by the shack from enemy BMP on our left. We were wounded but we were patching ourselves up. @Miksi perfectly knew that he can't actually call for a medic where we were at given point. That shack saved our lives.
Actually I was perfectly aware that there wasn't a medic in the AO(tried getting medic earlier on OP). That's why we were scavenging FAK's from the Ural, where ASL got killed. I didn't see the incident so I can't really comment on it, except that there were trees close to the Urals back(bad visibility) and I personally didn't hear ASL tell about his movement towards the Ural.

Anyway, that's my thoughts about the subject.

Didn't medic dc-ed later? Last time I saw ASL he was about 200m on our right on the open. A2 autorifleman first time opened fire on him then he told him to hold fire. After that about for short period of time he got TKed and dc-ed. I was last in line to get TKed with a spectacular Javelin missile. TKs occured all about five to ten minutes from each other.

Here's a video of the incident I was involved in:

In my defense it was an honest mistake. We were taking fire from the left-hand side and I attempted to suppress. Just thought Lad happened to be an enemy because he was in the general area that the fire was coming from at the time and I also didn't receive any radio comms of anyone announcing their approach to the Ural (Which was under fire from other A2 members).

I even said in the chopper during extraction that if someone could tell Lad I was sorry it'd be appreciated as I had no way of contacting him. 

I haven't seen where @Lad died but this cleared it out. Yeah @Scruffman you should check through your scope who is there but @Lad was everywhere. I was thinking he was still on NE side where you first engage him about 150-200 m from us.Part when he yelled on radio. Obviously he went from NE to S up hill where we came from in the first place. Always identify targets, Also tell to your buddies before engaging so if you go down, they know where they need  to reposition themselves.

Funny thing you failed to engage that co-driver of Ural but managed to kill BluFor with only one burst. Wow.

Mistakes will happen. That's why we can use forums and discuss events like this one where it went wrong. Hope that Amantes Training Nights sessions will clear a bunch stuff for you. Don't be afraid to ask anything. We are afraid of no questions at all.