Expert difficulty with 3rd person

I find the regular bots a little bit bad. But in order to play against harder AI you have to change the difficulty to expert which removes 3rd person view. I thought i had found a workaround for that under game options when voting for the map where you can change only the bot aim and skill. When moved that slider the difficulty automatically changes to "custom" but when I start the mission it´s expert difficulty anyways.

Sure I enjoy playing in first person but I would love if there was an opportunity to play against expert AI with without being forced to 1st person. Is that something that is possible?

Correct me if I'm wrong

Pros

• Harder bots
  • Would have to play more tactical advanced
  • You can spot them before you peak

Cons

• Too many deaths
  • Not suited for 1-4+ players
  • Not that realistic with Third Person View

Admins/Mods know about that option, but difficulty settings are currently bugged out. You cannot set high difficulty and keep 3rd person view until BI fixes it.

Also to reply to Lad - when we are in small numbers we usually all agree to go Expert 1st person only, as otherwise it is too easy most of the time. We choose Regular, only when server starts filling, because Admins/Mods prefer 3rd person allowed on the server.

Edit1: As Ryko corrected me, not BI, but creator of TADST.

The EU3 server uses TADST to serve up missions, and it hasn't been updated for the 1.58 difficulty profiles, so this is why we're stuck at the moment.  Technically you can create a custom server profile and manually use it to load the missions, but this hasn't really been explored, I think.

- R

The EU3 server uses TADST to serve up missions, and it hasn't been updated for the 1.58 difficulty profiles, so this is why we're stuck at the moment.  Technically you can create a custom server profile and manually use it to load the missions, but this hasn't really been explored, I think.

- R

Alright, thanks for the information  :P

We did have elite with 3rd person enabled. Not sure if it has changed now.

Yeah i think i remember, Elite was pretty hardcore as i remember it.  Spotting you while prone at 500 meters turning and shooting you in the head on the first shot kinda deal