Gauntlet Version History

Well Panthera isn't a vanilla map, but it is a composite from various A2 terrains. It's a big forested island, and in the current implementation the opfor are Russian rebels.

- R 

On 19/05/2016 at 3:37 PM, HybridRage said:

For the Marksman the range card, Kestrel and AtragMX seem to not be working. They don't show up in the ace interaction menu. Unless I'm missing something. Hard to really use the marksman well without the ranging.

Edit: You need to have them in your vest or uniform, I have them in my backpack in my loadout.

They need to be in your uniform and or your Vest

• Gamerhero featured and unfeatured this topic

Hi folks,

Gauntlet 45 is slowly being released, as a result of the RHS upgrade and some miscommunication about the MELB Little Bird MOD the old maps have to be upgraded.  At the same time it's allowed me to delve into a few things I wanted to delve into...

As of right now we have two maps, Chernarus and Altis, that have the 0.45 code.  Well, technically Chernarus has 44C code, which doesn't have some of the nifty new features that Altis has, namely:

1) Two of the RG-33 MRAPs have been switched out for the new M1117 vehicles;

2) The virtual arsenal has been updated with the new RHS content for weapons, uniforms and so forth;

3) There are two new parameters in mission setup, which allow you to choose the BLUFOR and OPFOR factions.  Right now this just affects the default loadout for players, and the OPFOR unit types; 45A code will load different player vehicles based on the BLUFOR faction that's chosen.

4) There's a new role in the Platoon Command squad, the UAV operator, along with a Yabhon CAS UAV.  This is a test to see how the UAV integrates with Gauntlet.  The UAV operator is not classed as a pilot, but there MUST be a command element - either Platoon Command or Alpha Squad Leader - present in order for someone to take that role.  In testing, the UAV did not respawn.  So use it cautiously.

5) One of the Speedboats got swapped out for the new MK5 SOCOM boat (that thing can hit 115kph! Damn!).

As always, please report bugs / comments / suggestions here in this thread.

Thanks

- Ryko

Since this is feedback and status... 

I was on last night and encounted a few things...

1. We were Russian Armed Forces killing US Army (Woodland) - This has to be Desert (minor error.)
  2. The gunner on the M1113 received a total of 200+ rounds to the upper torso and head, but to survive.
  3. Gunner seat of the GAZ was glitched at some point.
  4. Ryko couldn't get out of the chopper.

@Lad most of your comments are mod errors I have no control over. The us desert forces have been added.

@Blue-958- that's a good observation and I will rework that service pad.

Please not that by default civilian vehicles are spawned near towns. We've found this adds a performance hit that impacts on people's fps: for the time being if you are switching missions please change this parameter to "none". I will be reworking how civilian vehicles spawn in 45c. Civilian people spawn differently and cause no fps drop so unless you specifically want no civilians leave that one alone.

- R

I'd just like to note that on a few maps there has been a move to UH-1Y's for the majority of transport via air. There's a slight problem that a whole squad cannot fit into one, so alpha for example requires 2 runs to insert them. This isn't something largely problematic, however can be annoying sometimes. Also single seater CAS options, namely the light or medium variant littlebirds, I feel that they add a dynamic of reasonable support, via a single pilot rather than needing a crew. I won't lie I'm not a fan of just having jets for single seat support, and the littlebirds were rather sporty at times to fly, fun for pilots. This might be me just being picky but it's how I'm feeling about the changes. Otherwise I am liking the way things are heading.

Ta

@Copey this generation of gauntlet code allows you to choose the blufor faction. If you want blackhawks as transport vehicles, choose army or idf.

I don't recall off the top of my head but some of the factions sport single seater little birds as the secondary cas chopper.

Gauntlet Altis 0.45D2

1) BLUFOR tracking shows every single player name. If this is intentional, I suggest condensing markers to teams again as the map view can become extremely cluttered. On-server feedback resonates with this.

2) As US Army (Desert), default loadouts pair MARPAT uniforms with UCP vests and coyote backpacks (ASL medic shown)

4 hours ago, Ryko said:

What's the appropriate vest, gentlemen?  I agree the Eagle Coyote isn't a great fit there.

As US Army, either OCP or UCP is standard issue. UCP is outdated but in use, I think.

The USMC uses MARPAT with the IMTV, but I'm afraid we're stuck with the SPC vests there. No good pairing for desert camo.

Fallujah1.2

Gauntlet 046B

I went in HQ to check AO table. IT showed only current AO (defuse bomb), not 4 AOs in total so I'd know which one will be next. I can queue mission and it will place only one for the next one. After I abort mission the next one which I choose will start without problem. If I don't make queue for the next map, Gauntlet won't start anymore.

Any chance the RHS MICH 2000 DES and WDL helmets WITHOUT the headset could be added to the arsenal along with the headset versions? Just to add some diversity between the helmets and stuff. Theres only 4 other types of MICH 2000 helmets without the headset (so 8 all together if only DES / WDL variants are used which I think they are on Marine missions).

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

A lot to talk about. We had some step ups while also having some step downs. That doesn't mean we haven't moved on. There are certain changes.

As of now, there are as of yet still issues with RHS and our Repo which I'm sure its our Admins no.1 priority in next set of days when RHS fixes their part.

Gauntlet 0.46 and 0.47 were out before these changes but it has not being discussed at all. Most of the time Gauntlet 0.47 remained dormant while transition occured. More information about this check our Repo changes. It had some mods on EU#3 like chestpack but it's matter of past now; it was only provisional and for a short time while also not working at all on EU#3.

-New mod packs trought Gauntlet (full list of latest mods and chages can be found on our repo directly; or on our repo changelog

Here are Gauntlet's changelogs:

Gauntlet 0.46 with changes from 0.46A to 0.46H.

- Added "No Commander nag screen" in parameters w/ enabled by default.

- Reverted back to 5-men team composition.

- Added enemy mortar for some AOs.

- Three step modification trought 0.46 with mortar precision and ROF modifications.

- Added map Zargabad 0.46F-0.46H with corrections to the Main Base and AO location spawns.

- Added civilian spawn option around players vicinity with civilian cars.

Gauntlet 0.47

- Added "Zeus has ascended" message when Zeus is online.

- Container near medical facility now contains medical supplies.

- Civilians with cars added to all maps available /w enabled by default.

- Aestethic rework of arsenal boxes.

- Tweaks around Ambient OpFor.

- Modified AO: Destroy Tank Platoon.

- Fixed AO:HostageRescue dependency on civilians spawn around players (Hostages won't spawn unless Hostage parameter is turned on.

- New maps added with re-works for Takistan, Sahrani, Zargabad and CLA Clafghan.

Gauntlet 0.47a

- MainBases have decent illumination around crucial locations.

- Message "Zeus has ascended" has been disabled.

- Modified trigger for medical facility heal on Fallujah 0.47a

- Modified AO spawn locations on Fallujah 0.47A for AO:radar; AO;RadioTower - closer to main town, less markers around desert.

- APEX weapons whitelisted w/o uniforms for West and East factions.

- New script for cleaning items, weapons and equipment from floor.

- Complete re-work of Stratis with MainBase at Kamino (latest 0.44A2 /w Aircraft Carrier).

- New map Takistan Mountains 0.47a.

- New maps that are ready and under review: Malden 0.47a, Nogova 0.47a and Everon 0.47a.

- AO:CaptureFighter removed from map Everon 0.47a.

Some Issues around 0.47a:

- Takistan Mountains 0.47a spawns BluFor planes in lower left corner of map. - My personal fault :/

- Needs to fix location of medical facility trigger for AO:HostageRescue and AO:PilotRescue on Fallujah; currently outside medical facility, near medical container

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All mission creator credits go to owners of COx_Gauntlet: Pfc.Christiansen and BACONMOP

All update and modification credits go to Ryko.

As always; report any problems with Gauntlet in this thread.

-Plant

• 2 weeks later...

Logging that the cleanup script on Fallujah may be glitching out, its not cleaning up some things immediately, rather taking a bit of time to clean some things up. I don't know if its a persistent issue I've just been alerted to it and checked it out with some vehicles persistent from previous AO. Also Operation Purple Knife on Fallujah has no special notes alerting to a mortar presence, however, there is a mortar present in the AO.

Well from what I've seen the cleanup script has been especially vigilant... I've seen bodies and their gear disappearing after 30 seconds (as I was about to loot them for supplies).  As far as purple knife - the mission names are dynamic, they aren't tied to a specific op so it's better to mention what the objective is.

That said, I'm not maintaining Gauntlet for the time being, at least until we figure out the direction of EU3.

- R