Photo Hunt - New Forum background

Dingo

Hey 

So some of you may have noticed the new background ont' forums

But we want to do better, current example screen below of the screen shot & how it looks in a browser

So challenge going out is to create a new & better screenshot for the background image on the website

the pic has to be Size - 1920x1080 (try to keep file size small too ~1.5mb max, preferably under 1mb) saves load time on the site ;)

also of note when at 100% zoom on a browser it's mostly only the small area of the left and right that gets seen (~350x960 each side)

so the main challenge is to get the most interesting aspects of your shots to both left & right segments 

So off you go, post shots below or in the Forum Gallery and supply a link in your responses

post-1918-0-03596900-1460239066_thumb.jp

post-1918-0-99668600-1460239154_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know the width of the visable areas at the side? Got some ideas that may or may not work

Approx 350x960

I too like it, but it's not showing properly on my 1366x768 laptop.

yeah, it's kind of made for 1920x1080 @ 100% zoom in the browser

yeah, it's kind of made for 1920x1080 @ 100% zoom in the browser

Unsure if it's worth it, but it should be easy to make it adjustable to various screen sizes, using for example, Bootstrap CSS layouts which does it almost automatically.

Then again, the forums divs adjust themselves, so I guess it's already implemented there one way or another.

• 2 weeks later...